Kate is Queen Elizabeth II's new rock — insiders say that Her Majesty will rely on her 'more than ever'

Kate is Queen Elizabeth II's new rock — insiders say that Her Majesty will rely on her 'more than ever'
Queen Elizabeth II was said to be bracing for a ‘difficult year’ as Prince Andrew's legal woes and Prince Harry's upcoming memoir could cause stress to the Royal Family, a royal expert revealed.

The 95-year-old monarch was also reported to be relying on Kate Middleton 'more than ever' as she 'hugely values' the work of the Duchess of Cambridge for the royal family.

Zxbv7ydzR_TCPINNIVUY3kMqwfbohhKMyZ_W787S5MtF9Frx360oINE2ldlpijYDWd37A_VnRJJU2BhrJxV3bx7XzQfJyRvS09bdgVFyGdz1SoHz1jHkyzmCguzATmPOCbLCtlE

Palace insiders said that Queen Elizabeth II will rely on Kate Middleton ‘more than ever’ as the Royal Family is bracing for the looming controversies that they will face this year. Credit: Getty Images.

Palace insiders said that 39-year-old royal, who has taken on more responsibility since the wake of Megxit, was expected to play an even more important role in 2022.

Kate was also said to become increasingly high profile in recent years as she 'stepped up' with her royal duties.

Royal author Katie Nicholl said: 'In recent years, we've seen her leadership in the wake of Megxit, throughout which she's kept calm and carried on.'

'I think this year she'll come into her own even more, especially as it'll be a tough year for the royals.'

'Harry and Meghan's interviews this year have caused chaos for the royals, and Harry's new memoir – due out next year – will likely reveal even more intimate details about the royal family, and cause further issues.'

'And Andrew's court case will too. Kate will step up and I know the Queen hugely values her support and will rely on her more than ever.'

Mxhnz7HTGppwgZ4CWnQdjpgLCBDghT0kC5V0kpscqeYFleM96Bw6TjkRhaFceiARhK7l9U8XW9vH5lIPocd_PVUqy-6TXf6mC3TjHCL-lRyTPMMyO_ICxfGOumi8p9iykFr8-ZA

The Duchess of Cambridge was said to have stepped up her royal duties and is becoming an increasingly high profile royal. Credit: Getty Images.

Insiders said that Prince Andrew's legal woes could potentially devastate the Royal Family.

It was reported that the Duke of York could settle out of court with his US sex-case accuser if a judge rules that the case should go to trial.

'Obviously, this is a US case involving US lawyers and involving a US civil lawsuit,' one source said.

'In reality, 99 per cent of US civil litigations are settled out of court.'

'A settlement would always be an option on the table, as that's where the vast majority end up. There is also the wider pressure and attritional impact to consider.'

However, sources said that Prince Andrew has yet to comment regarding the matter of whether he could — or should — agree to a settlement without liability being admitted.

Buckingham Palace said that Prince Andrew's case is an 'ongoing legal matter' and has refused to give further comments.

It should be noted that the Queen is due to celebrate her Platinum Jubilee this year. But with the threat of a scandalous sex trial involving her son still hanging over her, Her Majesty may end up getting more stressed than usual.

b30R1itEgb6rex42SgKdL8_07TOdx0rUTdz84zLqQWNUx0KkO0tSoWGqI1gVgHA1RWkKpWxrPQFknSYEkWUW8elfpLzIQdPy1qQEDhOTYS6PvQ_LuAvK8hBsmq3NCtebR-9uiBw

Royal insiders also noted that Prince Harry’s upcoming memoir is one of the stressors for the Royal Family. Credit: AP.

Insiders also said that there was an increasing sense of anger and frustration in Buckingham Palace and the other royal households over Prince Harry's memoir, which was set to be published this autumn.

Describing it as the 'last straw' for Harry and the Royal Family, sources said that the royals were not pleased with the 'clearly deliberate' timing of the publication of the book.

Prince Harry, who is set to turn in a manuscript, said that the book is a 'first-hand account of my life that's accurate and wholly truthful'.

The Duke of Sussex's memoir is set to hit the shelves this year.

Sponsored
I have huge respect and admiration of the Queen but it seems that just lately her family want to turn it into a soap opera. I'm getting rather fed up with the 24/7 coverage of one scandal or another. This year should be a joyous one for the Queen, let her enjoy it as best she can without all the negative press, after all, we don't know how much longer we'll have her.

How terrible of Harry to do this to the Royal Family, where is the respect. Did he hand back all the monies he has received.
I think he has a strong influencer in his Californian household who has little or no respect for the real Royal household.

Reactions: Ricci
I think truth is the only way forward. Harry will be very conscious of this fact and I look forward to reading his book. As for the queen and her second eldest - I think this matter will be settled out of court yet the dirt will linger on - Andrew is a complete fool/failure and so he should wear whatever comes from this. As for Meaghan - she was the light on the hill and look what happens to those that outshine the big players. As for Charles lets say least said the better. His sons are like their mother thankfully, in particular Harry however, William is constrained by his future role. These two boys truly loved their mother as did most of the world if you remember Dianna's passing. I think at best they tolerate Charles and I hope Australia becomes a Republic soon after the Queens passing. Ron

I think the Queen (a person who has donated her life to her country and the role of Queen), should take some strength and faith in the future.... Catherine will be a great Queen alongside William when he is King.... hopefully Charles takes over for a short reign, then hands over to his son and retires. I do think Charles has the right idea though....the future King or Queen...and the one directly behind them, should be the "working royals" educated and given skills to manage their roles as they move into the future.... the rest need to get an education so they can get work and be able to fund their own lives.... the human race always needs someone to look up to (look at America, got rid of the royal connection, now they hold up their movie stars as their 'royalty'...and they live the same lives under the paparazzi), so I think we still need a royal family, we still feel we need a 'captain at the wheel'.... that's society.