Jet-setter's tip: Pack these hotel items for added comfort on flights

Frequent flyers know how tiring long trips can be.

But one traveller, Kashlee Kucheran from Canada, has found a simple hack to make flights more comfortable.

As the CEO of travel agency Travel Off Path, she goes on more than 100 flights each year—so to make her travel experience better, she brings along two specific hotel items: a slipper and a shower cap!

‘No matter what, you will always find me with both items in my luggage at all times,’ she captioned her video.

Now, if you're scratching your head, wondering how a pair of slippers and a pliable cap can make your flight fancier, don't fret. We're here to disclose the details, so buckle up and get ready for a smoother journey.

It's an open secret that floors on planes can often carry a litany of germs and other undesirable remnants carried in by countless shoes. Though airlines provide socks for long-haul flights, touching the floor is like venturing into a minefield.

75577581-12533427-Kashlee_Kucheran_from_Canada_has_shared_her_go_to_tips_when_prep-a-21_169508...jpg
Canadian Kashlee Kucheran packs hotel slippers and a shower cap for flights. Image source: Instagram (@kashless)

Kashlee's tip is to leave the socks in the bag and favour the more robust hotel slippers. With these on your feet, you'd no longer need to gingerly tiptoe to the restroom door.

In her very own words on a video that's been making the rounds, she advises, 'If you brought hotel slippers, you can confidently walk around the plane with them instead.'

Kashlee said that most airlines provide socks for long-haul flights, but not slippers unless you are a first-class passenger.

‘If you brought hotel slippers you can confidently walk around the plane with them instead.’

Hotels provide guests with free items like shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and hand wash, which can be useful when travelling.

photo.jpg
The CEO of Travel Off Path packs slippers for the flight and uses a shower cap to protect clean clothes from dirty shoes. Image source: Instagram (@kashless)

But wait! The flight trickery doesn't stop there. Let’s move on to the second item: the shower cap!

Instead of donning it for the tiny airborne bathroom, Kashlee uses it to cover the soles of her shoes.

‘These are an amazing way to keep your dirty shoes from touching the rest of your clothes especially when you are making a quick change at the airport. You need to put them in your luggage,’ she said.

‘They cover all the dirty parts of the shoe like a charm.’

Alternatively, a plastic or laundry bag could be used for the same purpose.

The video has since become popular, and others thanked Kashlee for sharing the lesser-known tips.

‘I'm a pilot, and these hacks are genius!! Especially the shoes,’ one commented.

‘I do the same with the slippers, didn't think about the shower cap cover for shoes,’ another said.

A third wrote: ‘Never take shower caps, because I have no use for it. Now I will.’
Key Takeaways

• Travel expert Kashlee Kucheran, with over 100 flights yearly, packs hotel slippers and a shower cap.
  • She suggests wearing slippers during flights due to plane floors' dirtiness and thin airline socks.
  • The shower cap protects clothes from dirty shoe soles in her luggage.
  • These tips have gone viral, earning praise, even from a pilot who found them ingenious
Members, what are your thoughts on these travel hacks? Any other hotel items you bring on flights to make your travel better? Share your experiences in the comments!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Sponsored