SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Jaffas

Who here remembers the sweet taste of Jaffas? I bet you used to roll these little orange balls of goodness down the aisles at the movies on Saturday afternoons. And who could forget that satisfying moment when you bit into the orange shell, only to discover the hidden treasure of a chunk of smooth, creamy chocolate inside? It was like a mini adventure in every mouthful! Just thinking about it now is making my mouth water! Do you have any fond memories of Jaffas? Did you sneak a handful into your pocket to snack on during class? Share your memories in our forum here.

compressed-nostalgia.jpeg
Credits: Facebook/Australia Remember When

When I was young, back in the 60's, the local cinema used to have very cheap seats on a Saturday afternoon which were inevitably filled by me and my school friends. The theatre had wooden floors and the boys used to roll Jaffas down the aisles. My girlfriends and I all thought they were crazy for wasting good lollies (and money) that way. But they did make a great sound!

When I was young, back in the 60's, the local cinema used to have very cheap seats on a Saturday afternoon which were inevitably filled by me and my school friends. The theatre had wooden floors and the boys used to roll Jaffas down the aisles. My girlfriends and I all thought they were crazy for wasting good lollies (and money) that way. But they did make a great sound!
Agreed waste of money, but then they were cheap back then

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I haven't seen jaffa for a long time... but yes, I would eat lots of them and suck the outer shell of them ..hmm.
Some teachers would toss a Jaffa if you got the answers correct. A mouthful of Jaffas would shut all the kids up lol
@Vet543 This sounds like a lot of fun and definitely would have made reciting in class more enjoyable. Hope our teachers did this too!

@MotherGoose Ooh love the sound of Jaffas rolling down wooden floors.