Jackie O breaks silence on tabloid rumours: ‘I’m completely unaware of it’

In the entertainment world, where the spotlight never dims, it's not uncommon for rumours to swirl and tabloids to stir the pot with sensational headlines.

But when setting the record straight, few do it with the grace and directness of radio host Jackie O, who recently found herself at the centre of a media maelstrom.

The Aussie media personality took to the airwaves to address a rumour circulating in the tabloids, specifically in a New Idea article.

The claim? That Jackie O had 'stolen' a coveted TV role from none other than Home and Away star Ada Nicodemou.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 8.37.06 AM.png
Jackie O broke her silence about a rumour circulating in the tabloids. Credit: @jackieo_official / Instagram

The role in question is the narrator of Channel 7's upcoming dating show, Stranded On Honeymoon Island, a series that promises to blend the drama of matrimonial reality TV with the rugged survivalist aspect of being cast away on a deserted island.

The tabloid's report suggested that Nicodemou, a familiar face and a staple of the Seven network due to her long-running role on Home and Away, was expected to take on the narrating duties after she introduced the show at Seven’s Upfronts last year.

However, Jackie O quickly clarified the situation during her radio show with co-host Kyle Sandilands.

'That was news to me—my mum sent it to me. I'm completely unaware of that story. And I actually don't even know if they've got that story right, to be honest,' Jackie O stated, expressing her surprise at the rumour.

She explained that Nicodemou's role at the Upfronts was to present the new show as part of the network's 2024 schedule, given her association with the network.

Jackie O argued that it was a leap to assume that Nicodemou would also be narrating the series.

‘Because she presented that, and she’s a Seven personality, [New Idea] assumed that she would then be hosting that show or narrating that show. That’s all they’ve got it from,’ she said.

‘And honestly, I don’t think they’ve got the story right at all. And if they do, I’m completely unaware of it.

The tabloid's unnamed 'insider' had suggested that 'many eyebrows were raised’ upon Jackie O’s appointment.

‘While there is little doubt Jackie is a perfect fit to narrate a show like this one, there is a feeling Seven should have looked internally to someone who has been loyal to the network, like a Home and Away star such as Ada or Emily Weir,’ the anonymous source told the tabloid mag.

However, Jackie O maintained that she was unaware of any such expectations and questioned the accuracy of the report.

It's worth noting that Jackie O is no stranger to television, having been a fixture on Australian screens for years. Her first major TV role was as a judge on Popstars in the early 2000s, courtesy of the Seven network.

More recently, she served as a judge on Ten's The Masked Singer Australia until 2021, which was recently axed by Ten.

The new show, Stranded On Honeymoon Island, is set to take reality TV to new extremes.

After a speed dating event, couples will be matched and married, only to be immediately stranded on a deserted island for three weeks, clad in nothing but their wedding attire.

Seven has yet to announce an airdate for the series.
Key Takeaways

• Radio host Jackie O addressed on-air claims that she 'stole' a TV role from actress Ada Nicodemou.
  • Jackie O will narrate Channel 7's upcoming dating show Stranded On Honeymoon Island but denied knowing of any expectation that Nicodemou would take the role.
  • A report suggested some believed Nicodemou would narrate the show after she presented it at Seven's Upfronts, leading to speculation and the tabloid rumour.
  • Jackie O has a history with Channel 7 and is returning to television after serving as a judge on other shows, including The Masked Singer Australia.
What are your thoughts on this whirlwind of rumours and clarifications? Share your thoughts i nthe comment below!

Sponsored
Sorry but who cares..another waste off time and space...is this what they call click bait??

I doubt that Ada would lower herself to be associated with the show - another of these slobbering, instant love rubbish shows where all you see are boobs and male jocks who appear to be as gay as a tart!