Is this the best “schnitzel pub” in Australia? This restaurant’s menu is going viral online!

Is your local pub's schnitzel menu feeling a little boring?

Well, one pub in Victoria has taken things to a whole new level with their selection of 17 different schnitzels!

From the traditional parmigiana to the more creative Nacho Parma, there's something for everyone.

[firstad[/firstad]

And for those who really want to go all out, there's the Big Breaky schnitzel, topped with an entire meal of baked beans, hash browns, bacon, egg, hollandaise sauce and cheese.

But, how did we come across this amazing schnitzel menu?

As it turns out, one patron has taken to social media to share the "astounding" menu of the Wally Pub in Walhalla, Gippsland.

Sharing a photo of the menu on Reddit, the customer wrote: "My partner and I went to a country pub with one of the best selections of Australian cuisine in the nation."

bV9L_2p5puoZlZV_CiEtmH2K_sjH1M8QAdZZk5I2X61I27Iv7tEjqL2wYds7J2Ch1q-Z6u4o6KGrZKyVIISOUPfy1Km2nI0CZXSkWFfxvldoGRuThGk2Vm_6SWvXyvJldv5HEBwA5p85UjIe

Wally Pub’s offering of 17 schnitzel variations has gone viral online. Credit: Reddit.

The post has gained traction on Reddit, garnering hundreds of comments from users who were gushing over the menu.

A number of users said that the owners of the pub must "certainly love schnitzels" given the massive variations of the dish in the menu.

One person wrote: "D*mn all those schnitty options, that's the Australian dream."

"I was sold the second I read "Chicken Carbo'," another said.

A third chimed in: "Tell me you're an Australian pub, without telling me you're an Australian pub..."

However, not everyone is pleased with the massive schnitzel selection, with one user saying: "I wouldn't call a selection of crimes against cooking on top of a schnitzel 'the best selections of Australian cuisine'."

Another questioned: "Schnitties and parmies are common Aussie pub food but some of those variations are like....WTF?"

"Frankly I'm sick with the Schnitzel obsession that's come in full force in the last decade," another added.

dS1Gu0UtGKIknyk_VYadtFGBf606KUzucJmJbpH3SSS_nu5iBdgycuF_LSAmNsIESB83Epm62rE75CjP_fxiJGLJumCEB_wdJ6XHszrAEGgrTTY66nQGacu0BMUpmpWGz_OdnOIJxIwLvRj2

The schnitzel is a classic Aussie dish sold in pubs across the country. Credit: 9Honey.

Meanwhile, patrons of the pub expressed their support for the restaurant, sharing their "All-Australian" experience while dining there.

One customer shared: "I know this pub. Watch out for the kookaburra who will steal your schnitzel off your plate if you eat on the verandah."

"I don't see anything wrong with this menu! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE."

It should be noted that while the schnitzel offering of Wally Pub is extensive, the restaurant also sells other food items such as steaks, burgers, and pasta.

They also offer vegetarian and gluten-free options to plant-based and gluten-sensitive customers.

What schnitty variation are you looking forward to trying? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

For those who are looking to make their own schnitzels at home, we recommend checking out this video:

Credit: YouTube/The Cooking Foodie

Sponsored
Is this the best “schnitzel pub” in Australia? This restaurant’s menu is going viral online!

Well, one pub in Victoria has taken things to a whole new level with their selection of 17 different schnitzels!

From the traditional parmigiana to the more creative Nacho Parma, there's something for everyone.

[firstad[/firstad]

And for those who really want to go all out, there's the Big Breaky schnitzel, topped with an entire meal of baked beans, hash browns, bacon, egg, hollandaise sauce and cheese.

As it turns out, one patron has taken to social media to share the "astounding" menu of the Wally Pub in Walhalla, Gippsland.

Sharing a photo of the menu on Reddit, the customer wrote: "My partner and I went to a country pub with one of the best selections of Australian cuisine in the nation."

bV9L_2p5puoZlZV_CiEtmH2K_sjH1M8QAdZZk5I2X61I27Iv7tEjqL2wYds7J2Ch1q-Z6u4o6KGrZKyVIISOUPfy1Km2nI0CZXSkWFfxvldoGRuThGk2Vm_6SWvXyvJldv5HEBwA5p85UjIe

Wally Pub’s offering of 17 schnitzel variations has gone viral online. Credit: Reddit.

The post has gained traction on Reddit, garnering hundreds of comments from users who were gushing over the menu.

A number of users said that the owners of the pub must "certainly love schnitzels" given the massive variations of the dish in the menu.

One person wrote: "D*mn all those schnitty options, that's the Australian dream."

A third chimed in: "Tell me you're an Australian pub, without telling me you're an Australian pub..."

However, not everyone is pleased with the massive schnitzel selection, with one user saying: "I wouldn't call a selection of crimes against cooking on top of a schnitzel 'the best selections of Australian cuisine'."

Another questioned: "Schnitties and parmies are common Aussie pub food but some of those variations are like....WTF?"

"Frankly I'm sick with the Schnitzel obsession that's come in full force in the last decade," another added.

dS1Gu0UtGKIknyk_VYadtFGBf606KUzucJmJbpH3SSS_nu5iBdgycuF_LSAmNsIESB83Epm62rE75CjP_fxiJGLJumCEB_wdJ6XHszrAEGgrTTY66nQGacu0BMUpmpWGz_OdnOIJxIwLvRj2

The schnitzel is a classic Aussie dish sold in pubs across the country. Credit: 9Honey.

Meanwhile, patrons of the pub expressed their support for the restaurant, sharing their "All-Australian" experience while dining there.

One customer shared: "I know this pub. Watch out for the kookaburra who will steal your schnitzel off your plate if you eat on the verandah."

It should be noted that while the schnitzel offering of Wally Pub is extensive, the restaurant also sells other food items such as steaks, burgers, and pasta.

They also offer vegetarian and gluten-free options to plant-based and gluten-sensitive customers.

What schnitty variation are you looking forward to trying? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

For those who are looking to make their own schnitzels at home, we recommend checking out this video:

The Shamrock Hotel in Echuca has 101 variations of schnitzels on their menu! Yummo!

Reactions: Ricci

[firstad[/firstad]

Wide selection. My local has only beef or chicken, with or without gravy. Then again, they are only $7.

• Haha

[firstad[/firstad]

Rarely eat schnitzels I find them dry. Even tried parma, still dry. Hubby never eats them. I also think we are eating too much chicken as they must be fed hormones as I've never seen such big leg's and wings. I love chicken but it's becoming a bit scary if they are treating them to make them bigger.

Wow, that schnitzel selection sounds absolutely mouthwatering! Definitely a step up from the usual pub fare. If you're ever in need of some culinary inspiration closer to home, you might want to check out the menu at caffetropea.co.uk. They offer a delightful array of Italian dishes that could add some flair to your dining adventures.

Last edited: