SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

Athena E.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 1, 2023
Is there something you’d love to do before 2024 ends?

G’day, lovely members! Welcome to October! Can you believe we have just three months left in the year? Time really does fly when you’re having fun!

This got me thinking: is there something you’d love to do before 2024 wraps up? For me, I’ve been dreaming of taking a solo holiday. I’ve always travelled with family and friends, and I think it would be a wonderful opportunity to explore new destinations on my own.

I’d love to hear your stories! What’s on your bucket list for the rest of the year? Share it with us here!

compressed-symbolize-change-from-2023-new-year-2024-2024-happy-new-year-concept.jpeg
Source: Freepik

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Danielle G.
So excited! I am going on a cruise for 9 nights in December. After the tumultuous year we have had, it will be the perfect time for a rest. Brisbane to Brisbane to Tasmania. We have sold 2 houses and move into our Happy Retirement Home on November 2nd. After living on our little farm in our 100 year old home for 40 years, it is a huge undertaking and a huge move. My brother had a fall in June, with a resulting brain bleed and clots in his lungs. He spent 8 weeks in hospital and is now home ( alone, as his wife died 5 years ago) with considerable help. I am honoured to look after my brother, but I am so, so tired!

Have the operation on my spine so I can have the pain stopped. This will be my second operation the first one was unsuccessful, I am sick of living in pain every single day.
I am just waiting for the surgeon's office to confirm the date of the operation.
Also to make matters worse for me I had to stop taking arthritis medication this has increased my pain greatly at present the only time I am pain free is when I am in bed.
So I am waiting for a phone call to give me the date of the operation and the hospital it will be done in. It can't come quickly enough I am sick of living in pain every single day, unable to do what I want to do for myself the the simple things that you take for granted.

So excited! I am going on a cruise for 9 nights in December. After the tumultuous year we have had, it will be the perfect time for a rest. Brisbane to Brisbane to Tasmania. We have sold 2 houses and move into our Happy Retirement Home on November 2nd. After living on our little farm in our 100 year old home for 40 years, it is a huge undertaking and a huge move. My brother had a fall in June, with a resulting brain bleed and clots in his lungs. He spent 8 weeks in hospital and is now home ( alone, as his wife died 5 years ago) with considerable help. I am honoured to look after my brother, but I am so, so tired!
Wow member @Rosita1950, it sounds like you've had an intense year! I can only imagine how exhausting it has been for you. Your brother is very lucky to have you by his side, but it's completely understandable that you're feeling tired.

I'm glad you're taking a well-deserved holiday before the year ends! We hope you have heaps of fun! ❤️

Have the operation on my spine so I can have the pain stopped. This will be my second operation the first one was unsuccessful, I am sick of living in pain every single day.
I am just waiting for the surgeon's office to confirm the date of the operation.
Also to make matters worse for me I had to stop taking arthritis medication this has increased my pain greatly at present the only time I am pain free is when I am in bed.
So I am waiting for a phone call to give me the date of the operation and the hospital it will be done in. It can't come quickly enough I am sick of living in pain every single day, unable to do what I want to do for myself the the simple things that you take for granted.
I am so sorry to hear about what you're going through, member @saundy. It must be incredibly difficult to live with that kind of pain everyday. I really hope you hear back from your surgeon soon, and that the operation brings you the relief you deserve.

We'll be thinking of you! ❤️

Sorry to hear your news! I’ve been rubbing CASTOR OIL on my arthritic joints and boy it helps! You should try some on your back! Twice a day…

I am so sorry to hear about what you're going through, member @saundy. It must be incredibly difficult to live with that kind of pain everyday. I really hope you hear back from your surgeon soon, and that the operation brings you the relief you deserve.

We'll be thinking of you! ❤️
Thank you for your very kind words yes,it's very difficult for me some nights I have a shower very early and go to bed with the sparrow's, the only way to stop the pain is to lying down on my back.
I am hoping to be operated on in about three weeks the surgeon tells me he can fix the problem
( I live in hope).