Is steaming privates the new trend? Tourist discovers gobsmacking service offered in Bali

If you thought a spa day is merely comprised of relaxing back massages and luxurious facials, you’ll be surprised to know that spa services from other countries are a wee bit different – and it involves steamed privates. Yes, you read that right.

One Australian traveller’s jaw dropped to the floor after scanning through a price list that was handed by hotel staff in Bali. The tourist shared her discovery on a popular Facebook group for Australians in Bali, named Bali Bogans, to gather further information about it.

‘I just had a foot massage across from our hotel but can someone please tell me what this is?’ she wrote.

She included a snap of the services list from Teratai Spa and Beauty Salon, featuring an extensive list of options as well as some extras.

The first few services were nothing out of the ordinary – a Thai massage, hot stone massage, foot massage, manicure, and body scrub.

However, the tourist emphasised an option gingerly sitting at the bottom of the list called ‘ratus vagina’, which costs $9.60.

kI-OFB9bSsdm6KSAi6u4kChPgdWIkT1k-aGzs3YNTA2qf_a-AnQQ34dsSVSPM3NioVQki1HOjSGCo1wVbH5NTy0OOe9cKeNwp-nq2yP5BqhCa3W-sKblhu9vhMvb7Bnprf5bcH5ekqo4lBexIalozV4
3Zihta4Ic5zWpsZMTfUvnMXKQEAuughLkLMlCBon2dEripAw4R65r_Vq4t2KX55ifb4uoXmrolvE3d8XiLXo8R6_smktPY4dv4iVLfVg_oGFKKQ9vL6sqyEW8jLWdRnqp2OM24OrXSKKXbRvxOghHoo

The services list included an unusual treatment. Source: Natural Fertility

While some fellow Aussie tourists couldn’t resist cracking a joke, others provided an extensive description of the unusual service.

According to Spa Malaysia, the ratus vagina is ‘a deep cleansing treatment for women’s [intimate] parts’. The treatment helps reduce excessive discharge, discomfort, unpleasant odour, and irritation, which in turn enhances intimacy.’

During the treatment, rocks are lit to produce smoke. They are mixed with some herbs at the bottom of a stool that has a hole in the centre.’

The customer then undresses before wrapping a towel around their body. They are made to sit on the stool while the steam rises and gives a warm sensation – and maybe praying their nether regions won’t fall off.

‘I have had this done… I was with my “soul sister” and we laughed all day.’ one tourist said.

‘As long as it’s not like ear candling,’ another wrote.

A third suggested: ‘It may be to get rid of the spider web?’

-Rwe6xIEox8bMH8YVqef4KUiSosfO1hVpbWM9XCyzjWmiMa8Y4YCVFjF69tlAe_Gil4qc09gcOE1PUSR29LMryHx4or6k8Y8IEFpUk1YOFJ7IXH2NPX_qOUwMzjSIjOh8iUTiTA8hzENGSYKjyuKYv8

The treatment involves ‘steaming’ the privates. Source: Emily Grace Acupuncture

However, other Aussies vouched for the treatment’s efficacy, with one detailing: ‘It tightens the muscles and cleanses you. A lot of Balinese do it before marriage or after their period.’

‘I had this treatment and so did five other girls a few years ago,’ another traveller explained. ‘One of the girls had thrush and normal medication wasn’t working. The day after the ratus, the thrush was gone.’ they continued.

‘I guess it works. It is just a bunch of herbs that they light up and it makes smoke that wafts around your private parts. It wouldn’t hurt to give it a go.’ a third encouraged.

Vaginal steaming is a popular service among Indonesians.

In recent years, a few American celebrities have raved over the treatment on Instagram after a guide to spas proudly featured the ‘V-Steam’, even claiming that it could rebalance hormone levels.

Well, that was quite steamy. What are your thoughts on this peculiar spa service? Ladies, dare we ask if you’re willing to give it a shot? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Anything that proves good for your health I would give it a go.

I love tai massages my daughters and I do it often.

Funny thing with our generation I feel we are more conservative,

A couple of my girls do full hair laser removal I mean full. I would be a bit uncomfortable laying there with my legs open for this.

Todays young people are more open with their bodies, I feel this is a good thing to a certain extent.

Reactions: Bunyip and Ricci
If you thought a spa day is merely comprised of relaxing back massages and luxurious facials, you’ll be surprised to know that spa services from other countries are a wee bit different – and it involves steamed privates. Yes, you read that right.

One Australian traveller’s jaw dropped to the floor after scanning through a price list that was handed by hotel staff in Bali. The tourist shared her discovery on a popular Facebook group for Australians in Bali, named Bali Bogans, to gather further information about it.

‘I just had a foot massage across from our hotel but can someone please tell me what this is?’ she wrote.

She included a snap of the services list from Teratai Spa and Beauty Salon, featuring an extensive list of options as well as some extras.

The first few services were nothing out of the ordinary – a Thai massage, hot stone massage, foot massage, manicure, and body scrub.

However, the tourist emphasised an option gingerly sitting at the bottom of the list called ‘ratus vagina’, which costs $9.60.

kI-OFB9bSsdm6KSAi6u4kChPgdWIkT1k-aGzs3YNTA2qf_a-AnQQ34dsSVSPM3NioVQki1HOjSGCo1wVbH5NTy0OOe9cKeNwp-nq2yP5BqhCa3W-sKblhu9vhMvb7Bnprf5bcH5ekqo4lBexIalozV4
3Zihta4Ic5zWpsZMTfUvnMXKQEAuughLkLMlCBon2dEripAw4R65r_Vq4t2KX55ifb4uoXmrolvE3d8XiLXo8R6_smktPY4dv4iVLfVg_oGFKKQ9vL6sqyEW8jLWdRnqp2OM24OrXSKKXbRvxOghHoo

While some fellow Aussie tourists couldn’t resist cracking a joke, others provided an extensive description of the unusual service.

According to Spa Malaysia, the ratus vagina is ‘a deep cleansing treatment for women’s [intimate] parts’. The treatment helps reduce excessive discharge, discomfort, unpleasant odour, and irritation, which in turn enhances intimacy.’

During the treatment, rocks are lit to produce smoke. They are mixed with some herbs at the bottom of a stool that has a hole in the centre.’

The customer then undresses before wrapping a towel around their body. They are made to sit on the stool while the steam rises and gives a warm sensation – and maybe praying their nether regions won’t fall off.

‘I have had this done… I was with my “soul sister” and we laughed all day.’ one tourist said.

-Rwe6xIEox8bMH8YVqef4KUiSosfO1hVpbWM9XCyzjWmiMa8Y4YCVFjF69tlAe_Gil4qc09gcOE1PUSR29LMryHx4or6k8Y8IEFpUk1YOFJ7IXH2NPX_qOUwMzjSIjOh8iUTiTA8hzENGSYKjyuKYv8

However, other Aussies vouched for the treatment’s efficacy, with one detailing: ‘It tightens the muscles and cleanses you. A lot of Balinese do it before marriage or after their period.’

‘I had this treatment and so did five other girls a few years ago,’ another traveller explained. ‘One of the girls had thrush and normal medication wasn’t working. The day after the ratus, the thrush was gone.’ they continued.

‘I guess it works. It is just a bunch of herbs that they light up and it makes smoke that wafts around your private parts. It wouldn’t hurt to give it a go.’ a third encouraged.

In recent years, a few American celebrities have raved over the treatment on Instagram after a guide to spas proudly featured the ‘V-Steam’, even claiming that it could rebalance hormone levels.

Well, that was quite steamy. What are your thoughts on this peculiar spa service? Ladies, dare we ask if you’re willing to give it a shot? Let us know in the comments below!

Years ago I saw a documentary on African women who go through this ritual, just before they get married. I guess if it kills all the bugs & gets rid of the webs, you should give it a go☮️

Years ago I saw a documentary on African women who go through this ritual, just before they get married. I guess if it kills all the bugs & gets rid of the websyou should give it a go☮️

Business idea!
Package it, using Vape technology.....
Fast, portable, convenient!
....with some minor adjustment it might even supersede the "afterwards" ciggie.

Not sure if that is for me but we are all different. 😄

Reactions: Ricci
Wasn't this one of Gwyneth Paltrow's much publicised "wellness tips" a year or two back?

Reactions: Ricci