Is sleeping with an ex okay when faced with months to live? Shocking request stuns husband!

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we know how difficult it is to face the inevitable end and how strange our behaviour can be in reaction to such a situation. We often do things we never thought ourselves capable of, sometimes bravely or foolishly, and this week’s story speaks to just that.

An anonymous man recently shared his social media experience, leaving readers stunned. He writes that his wife of ten years, who had been given months to live due to a life-threatening illness, asked if she could have a 'hall pass' to sleep with an ex-partner one last time.

The post reads: ‘My wife has a terminal disease. She is projected to live at most nine months. I am, of course, destroyed. We’ve been together for a decade.’

‘Recently, she sat me down and told me that one of the last things she wanted to do was have sex with a previous partner of hers.’

When asked to explain, his wife said she ‘thinks that her most physically compatible satisfying lover was him’.

He continued: ‘She gave a whole monologue about how sex sometimes is just physical and how emotionally fulfilling sex is with me, but it was b******* to get to that point.’

The post ends with, ‘So now I’m left with this, deny my dying wife a wish for my own ego, or let her go f*** another man who she feels was better.’

The man, understandably, felt betrayed and raw. However, understanding her unique situation, he wondered if he was obligated to put her bucket-list item before his feelings.

This would mean granting her a wish that could emotionally wound him–a generous gesture most of us aren’t sure we’re equipped to make–just to help make her last days more meaningful.

olga-kononenko-98__MsKaUsI-unsplash.jpg
One man shared that his wife had only months to live and asked to sleep with an ex. Credit: Olga Kononenko/Unsplash

Commenters were understandably torn when reading the heartbreaking story because it seemed plausible. One user expressed sympathy in the comments: ‘This is dumbfounding, and I’m so sorry you have been put in this impossible situation.’

Some asked if her illness was her excuse for treating 'him like s***'; others questioned why she had not reached out to her ex before.

‘This is a lot to unpack. But you don't have to grant this wish, and it was incredibly inappropriate and cruel for her to even ask this. In fact, it's downright disrespectful and...just wrong,’ another comment said.

Another user pointed out, ‘Why should this be your decision? She’s shifting the decision to you to relieve any blame from herself.’

compressed-shutterstock_253039792.jpeg
The husband shared his dilemma on social media, where users expressed sympathy. Credit: Ground Picture/Shutterstock

Key Takeaways
  • A man shared his hurt and anger after his terminally ill wife asked to sleep with an ex-partner again.
  • The man revealed on social media that his wife, who has only months to live, said that having sex with her ex-partner was on her bucket list.
  • Many people responded to the man's post with sympathy and outrage, with some advising him to deny her request, calling it insulting to their marriage.

One thing commenters agreed on, however, was that this man was in an impossibly difficult situation, and we wish him only the best.

Members, we know things like this aren’t something you think about regularly, but if you’re faced with the pain of a loved one’s declining health, we wish you strength. Never be ashamed of your feelings, and always turn to a medical professional if you require emotional support.

What do you think of this story, dear members? Should the man grant his wife’s dying wish even if he’s absolutely against it? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we know how difficult it is to face the inevitable end and how strange our behaviour can be in reaction to such a situation. We often do things we never thought ourselves capable of, sometimes bravely or foolishly, and this week’s story speaks to just that.

An anonymous man recently shared his social media experience, leaving readers stunned. He writes that his wife of ten years, who had been given months to live due to a life-threatening illness, asked if she could have a 'hall pass' to sleep with an ex-partner one last time.

The post reads: ‘My wife has a terminal disease. She is projected to live at most nine months. I am, of course, destroyed. We’ve been together for a decade.’

‘Recently, she sat me down and told me that one of the last things she wanted to do was have sex with a previous partner of hers.’

When asked to explain, his wife said she ‘thinks that her most physically compatible satisfying lover was him’.

He continued: ‘She gave a whole monologue about how sex sometimes is just physical and how emotionally fulfilling sex is with me, but it was b******* to get to that point.’

The post ends with, ‘So now I’m left with this, deny my dying wife a wish for my own ego, or let her go f*** another man who she feels was better.’

The man, understandably, felt betrayed and raw. However, understanding her unique situation, he wondered if he was obligated to put her bucket-list item before his feelings.

This would mean granting her a wish that could emotionally wound him–a generous gesture most of us aren’t sure we’re equipped to make–just to help make her last days more meaningful.

View attachment 27504
One man shared that his wife had only months to live and asked to sleep with an ex. Credit: Olga Kononenko/Unsplash

Commenters were understandably torn when reading the heartbreaking story because it seemed plausible. One user expressed sympathy in the comments: ‘This is dumbfounding, and I’m so sorry you have been put in this impossible situation.’

Some asked if her illness was her excuse for treating 'him like s***'; others questioned why she had not reached out to her ex before.

‘This is a lot to unpack. But you don't have to grant this wish, and it was incredibly inappropriate and cruel for her to even ask this. In fact, it's downright disrespectful and...just wrong,’ another comment said.

Another user pointed out, ‘Why should this be your decision? She’s shifting the decision to you to relieve any blame from herself.’

View attachment 27506
The husband shared his dilemma on social media, where users expressed sympathy. Credit: Ground Picture/Shutterstock

Key Takeaways

• A man shared his hurt and anger after his terminally ill wife asked to sleep with an ex-partner again.
  • The man revealed on social media that his wife, who has only months to live, said that having sex with her ex-partner was on her bucket list.
  • Many people responded to the man's post with sympathy and outrage, with some advising him to deny her request, calling it insulting to their marriage.

One thing commenters agreed on, however, was that this man was in an impossibly difficult situation, and we wish him only the best.

Members, we know things like this aren’t something you think about regularly, but if you’re faced with the pain of a loved one’s declining health, we wish you strength. Never be ashamed of your feelings, and always turn to a medical professional if you require emotional support.

What do you think of this story, dear members? Should the man grant his wife’s dying wish even if he’s absolutely against it? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
The simple answer is “absolutely not, there’s the door go have him as much as you want”

View attachment 27504

View attachment 27506

Key Takeaways

View attachment 27504

View attachment 27506

Key Takeaways

Being in a somewhat similar situation I really cannot understand this Woman and am having a hard time regulating my language. Why would you do that to a present partner who loves you? I am in hospital waiting to find out what is going to happen, I have brain and lung tumors which should have been treated 10 yes ago. But this is not about me. For a fleeting few seconds this woman is willing to put her partner through mysery for who knows how long, she doesn't know what true love is and is being very, very selfish !!!!

Does the ex have a current partner? Children? This could affect multiple people.
Does dying entitle her to total self obsession? Has she considered what this is doing to her partner, who is already suffering because of her illness?
She's unbelievable

View attachment 27504

View attachment 27506

Key Takeaways

Quoting the dude “ffs” It’s a made up story right😻

Reactions: Wandiwa
From the viewpoint of one who is in the exact position, as I also have a terminal illness and my health has deteriorated to a poor state, do not be so quick to judge or be so harsh on this suffering woman as you cannot imagine the grief she is dealing with.
I also felt the same way in wishing for a 'one more time' physical encounter with my ex as I know we were completely compatible sexually. My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer 3 months after we became committed to our relationship which resulted in him losing all interest in sex or intimacy. He is too proud a man. We haven't had sex or intimacy for many years. My ex and I have remained in contact, yes, my husband knows, and my ex would have been willing to agree to my one last time request. I'm sure there'll be some snickering about this. Go ahead. My husband was not in favour.
What is there to lose from willingly agreeing to the request? A dent in one's pride? Who else ever needs to know other than the wife and husband? He does not ever have to share whether she does or not. The daily grief of knowing you are losing your life is an enormous burden. There is so much to want to do and see one more time. There is an urgency to having the experience one more time. Yes, once you're dead it won't matter but the need to keep living, to experiencing, is overwhelming.
Unless you are placed in this position, tread softly. Be kind. There is nothing to lose in giving this woman an experience to hold onto during her dying months. I would say definitely yes. Give her a small piece of pleasure.

Reactions: Trudi
From the viewpoint of one who is in the exact position, as I also have a terminal illness and my health has deteriorated to a poor state, do not be so quick to judge or be so harsh on this suffering woman as you cannot imagine the grief she is dealing with.
I also felt the same way in wishing for a 'one more time' physical encounter with my ex as I know we were completely compatible sexually. My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer 3 months after we became committed to our relationship which resulted in him losing all interest in sex or intimacy. He is too proud a man. We haven't had sex or intimacy for many years. My ex and I have remained in contact, yes, my husband knows, and my ex would have been willing to agree to my one last time request. I'm sure there'll be some snickering about this. Go ahead. My husband was not in favour.
What is there to lose from willingly agreeing to the request? A dent in one's pride? Who else ever needs to know other than the wife and husband? He does not ever have to share whether she does or not. The daily grief of knowing you are losing your life is an enormous burden. There is so much to want to do and see one more time. There is an urgency to having the experience one more time. Yes, once you're dead it won't matter but the need to keep living, to experiencing, is overwhelming.
Unless you are placed in this position, tread softly. Be kind. There is nothing to lose in giving this woman an experience to hold onto during her dying months. I would say definitely yes. Give her a small piece of pleasure.
It won’t matter to her you Nong she’s dead👎

Reactions: Suzanne rose

View attachment 27504

View attachment 27506

Key Takeaways

Kick her to the curb.......

Reactions: Littleboy8

View attachment 27504

View attachment 27506

Key Takeaways

I would have terminated her life there and then, so she wouldn't suffer.

View attachment 27504

View attachment 27506

Key Takeaways

Let her go to him, she's not in love with you, let him look after her until she passes away.

Reactions: Littleboy8
No words for you sorry🙀👎

Reactions: mylittletibbies