Is Kmart’s latest $20 designer dupe the new ‘must-have’ bag?

Have you been looking for an affordable luxury-for-less piece? Well, step right up because Kmart has just released their latest designer dupe, and it’s a must-have for fashion lovers.

Kmart’s new Maya Canvas Tote Bag sports a magnetic closure, dual handles (including short carry handles) and an adjustable cross-body strap, and it's available in two classic colours—natural and black.

Photo_20230912_082105_0000.png
The Maya Canvas Tote Bag from Kmart is the perfect dupe for Marc Jacob’s designer tote bag! Credit: Kmart Australia

The best part is that the tote bears a striking resemblance to recent releases from both Marc Jacobs and Chloe. The Marc Jacobs tote alone retails for $109.95 so you can see the appeal of Kmart’s budget-friendly look-a-like.

It’s a steal at just $20—perfect for those of us who can’t (or don’t want to) spend hundreds of dollars on designer bags.

It’s no wonder why shoppers on social media are already snapping them up.

One satisfied customer captioned her post as the 'latest Kmart designer dupe' and dubbed it the 'perfect bag for summer’.

Her comments section was filled with eager shoppers who liked what they saw.

'My local Kmart only had one left!' said one person, with another adding, 'I swear this is the bigger version of the Marc Jacobs Barbados natural beige back. You can find it at Myer.'

'At only $20, this thing will sell fast,' said Jemma, who posted the original video, and she was right. Tracking one down might pose a challenge as several eager buyers have reported that they're already sold out online and scarce in many stores.

A few customers also noted that their bag broke immediately after they purchased it, and another person complained that it didn’t have any structure to it unless it was full.

However, many think that the bag is ideal for use as a weekend getaway bag, thanks to its generous size. While others see it as the perfect companion for everyday use.

Key Takeaways

• Kmart's new $20 Maya Canvas Tote Bag is sparking excitement with its resemblance to a recent $109.95 Marc Jacobs design.
  • Social media users are all abuzz about the new tote, with many keen shoppers scrambling to get their own.
  • The 'Maya' tote comes with useful features such as magnetic closure, dual handles, an adjustable cross-body strap, and a coin purse.
  • Some detractors have reported quality issues, mentioning that the bag broke shortly after purchase and lacks structure.

So, have you been convinced to head to your nearest Kmart and grab your own Maya bag? Do you think the bag design is worth the price? Let us know how you get on in the comments below!

Sponsored
I definitely do not see $109.95 worth of value in that so-called designer bag - never heard of that designer.

I wouldn't pay $20 for the Kmart bag either, as I can spend a couple of hours making one myself for half the cost.

Reactions: Ezzy