Is it worth it? Darrell Lea & Campos Coffee Crunch Milk Chocolate Collaboration

You may have seen the news that confectionery and coffee connoisseurs Darell Lea and Campos Coffee have teamed up for a mouth-watering collaboration.

What is the result of this collaboration? The limited-edition coffee crunch milk chocolate block.

A spokesperson at Darrell Lea said: ‘With our shared passion for creating exceptional taste experiences, we couldn’t be more excited to partner with Campos to bring this irresistible product to life. This block is a celebration of the harmonious blend of two local iconic flavours, decadent Darrell Lea chocolate and Campos’ Original Blend, and we’re thrilled to share it with fans.’

This chocolate block is available from selected supermarkets, priced at $5.50.

So, you know we here at the SDC had to try this latest creation.

But first, here’s a rundown:
- It weighs 160g. (That’s 20g less than Cadbury and 40g less than ALDI.)
- Includes real ground coffee beans
- Aussie made
- Palm oil-free and 100% sustainably sourced cocoa

The packaging states, ‘Darrell Lea’s famously smooth & creamy milk chocolate loaded with Campos ground coffee beans, delivering an authentic, crunchy texture that will delight coffee and chocolate fans alike.’

photo 1 (6) (1).jpg
Everything looks good so far! Image Credit: SDC

What did the SDC team think? Let’s dive in.

Jonathan:

‘A pretty delicious fusion of chocolate and coffee... Fans of mochas won't be disappointed.’

‘The texture is a pleasing mix of the smooth milk chocolate and the granularity of the blended coffee beans. Depending on your taste, it might be a little on the sweet side—I wonder if a dark chocolate version would be better.’

Quality: 4/5
Affordability: 3.5/5

April:

‘It smelled very strongly of coffee, and I think I knew right away that it wouldn’t be my thing. Strangely, I love a cup of coffee and will even drink it black, but coffee-flavoured things are a no-go in my books.’

‘It does exactly what it promises to, offering the classic Darrell Lea milk chocolate and crunchy little pieces of ground coffee beans.’

‘I think the deciding factor will be whether you like tiramisu. If yes, you’ll enjoy this. If not, give it a miss.’

‘I’ll stick to having a chocolate treat alongside my coffee, but I won’t be combining them. But, I’ll be honest, I’m a little envious that I didn’t enjoy it more.’

Quality: 3.5/5
While I didn’t enjoy it, I can respect that it had high-quality ingredients.

Affordability: 2/5
While it’s the same price as Cadbury, you can get a $3.49 block from ALDI. If you have room in your budget, go ahead. However, this jumps to 4/5 if you can get it on sale for half price.

photo (24) (1).jpg
You can see the ‘crunch’! Image Credit: SDC

Maddie:

‘I’m not sure if I am the best person to be reviewing Darrell Lea’s new Campos Milk Chocolate Block because they have quite literally combined two of my favourite things in the whole wide world: Coffee and chocolate, so naturally I’m quite biased.’

‘When I saw the block was $5.50 for 160g, I was extremely hesitant. I am lucky to live quite close to an ALDI (about 7km from my house), so my weekly chocolate fix is often a block of ALDI’s Dark Chocolate Choceur, which is $3.49 for 200g — so when you compare the prices alone ALDI is a clear winner, not to mention their Choceur chocolate is absolutely wonderful. But I must say, although the price of Darrell Lea’s new Campos Milk Chocolate Block is expensive, it is absolutely delicious. I love the creamy milk chocolate combination with crunchy coffee beans—it may even be my new favourite block of chocolate.’

‘So, would I buy it on a weekly basis? Probably not, just because of the price. But will I be treating myself to a block at least twice a month? I can almost guarantee it. If you love chocolate and you love coffee, then I think you’ll love this!’

Quality: 5/5

Darrell Lea & Campos Coffee Crunch Milk Chocolate (1) (1).jpg
The ratings are in. Image Credit: SDC

Is it worth it?

SDC tick of approval (1) (1).png
The Darrell Lea & Campos Coffee Crunch Milk Chocolate Collaboration is SDC-approved! Image Credit: SDC

Have you tried this new flavour yet? Will you be trying it? Are you convinced by Maddie’s newfound love of it? We’d love to hear from you!

We were only able to create this content because of the financial support of SDC Rewards members. If you'd like to see more of this (and a lot fewer ads!), please consider supporting us and signing up for SDC Rewards today—it starts at under 20 cents per day.

Last edited:
Sponsored
You may have seen the news that confectionery and coffee connoisseurs Darell Lea and Campos Coffee have teamed up for a mouth-watering collaboration.

What is the result of this collaboration? The limited-edition coffee crunch milk chocolate block.

A spokesperson at Darrell Lea said: ‘With our shared passion for creating exceptional taste experiences, we couldn’t be more excited to partner with Campos to bring this irresistible product to life. This block is a celebration of the harmonious blend of two local iconic flavours, decadent Darrell Lea chocolate and Campos’ Original Blend, and we’re thrilled to share it with fans.’

This chocolate block is available from selected supermarkets, priced at $5.50.

So, you know we here at the SDC had to try this latest creation.

But first, here’s a rundown:
- It weighs 160g. (That’s 20g less than Cadbury and 40g less than ALDI.)
- Includes real ground coffee beans
- Aussie made
- Palm oil-free and 100% sustainably sourced cocoa

The packaging states, ‘Darrell Lea’s famously smooth & creamy milk chocolate loaded with Campos ground coffee beans, delivering an authentic, crunchy texture that will delight coffee and chocolate fans alike.’

View attachment 31049
Everything looks good so far! Image Credit: SDC

What did the SDC team think? Let’s dive in.

Jonathan:

‘A pretty delicious fusion of chocolate and coffee... Fans of mochas won't be disappointed.’

‘The texture is a pleasing mix of the smooth milk chocolate and the granularity of the blended coffee beans. Depending on your taste, it might be a little on the sweet side—I wonder if a dark chocolate version would be better.’

Quality: 4/5
Affordability: 3.5/5

April:

‘It smelled very strongly of coffee, and I think I knew right away that it wouldn’t be my thing. Strangely, I love a cup of coffee and will even drink it black, but coffee-flavoured things are a no-go in my books.’

‘It does exactly what it promises to, offering the classic Darrell Lea milk chocolate and crunchy little pieces of ground coffee beans.’

‘I think the deciding factor will be whether you like tiramisu. If yes, you’ll enjoy this. If not, give it a miss.’

‘I’ll stick to having a chocolate treat alongside my coffee, but I won’t be combining them. But, I’ll be honest, I’m a little envious that I didn’t enjoy it more.’

Quality: 3.5/5
While I didn’t enjoy it, I can respect that it had high-quality ingredients.

While it’s the same price as Cadbury, you can get a $3.49 block from ALDI. If you have room in your budget, go ahead. However, this jumps to 4/5 if you can get it on sale for half price.

View attachment 31050
You can see the ‘crunch’! Image Credit: SDC

Maddie:

‘I’m not sure if I am the best person to be reviewing Darrell Lea’s new Campos Milk Chocolate Block because they have quite literally combined two of my favourite things in the whole wide world: Coffee and chocolate, so naturally I’m quite biased.’

‘When I saw the block was $5.50 for 160g, I was extremely hesitant. I am lucky to live quite close to an ALDI (about 7km from my house), so my weekly chocolate fix is often a block of ALDI’s Dark Chocolate Choceur, which is $3.49 for 200g — so when you compare the prices alone ALDI is a clear winner, not to mention their Choceur chocolate is absolutely wonderful. But I must say, although the price of Darrell Lea’s new Campos Milk Chocolate Block is expensive, it is absolutely delicious. I love the creamy milk chocolate combination with crunchy coffee beans—it may even be my new favourite block of chocolate.’

‘So, would I buy it on a weekly basis? Probably not, just because of the price. But will I be treating myself to a block at least twice a month? I can almost guarantee it. If you love chocolate and you love coffee, then I think you’ll love this!’

Quality: 5/5

View attachment 31052
The ratings are in. Image Credit: SDC

Is it worth it?

View attachment 31051
The Darrell Lea & Campos Coffee Crunch Milk Chocolate Collaboration is SDC-approved! Image Credit: SDC

Have you tried this new flavour yet? Will you be trying it? Are you convinced by Maddie’s newfound love of it? We’d love to hear from you!

We were only able to create this content because of the financial support of SDC Rewards members. If you'd like to see more of this (and a lot fewer ads!), please consider supporting us and signing up for SDC Rewards today—it starts at under 20 cents per day.
Just gotta love Campos coffee. They were clients of ours years ago. So happy to see them surviving and thriving

I will wait until it's half price I love chocolate but haven't payed full price for years

I was quite excited about it. Generally enjoy the Darrel Lea range but did not enjoy ths one. A chocoholic and coffee lover but pretty sure that the left overs of this will end up in teh bin. Sad

Reactions: Littleboy8