Is Bunnings now the go-to for cleaning supplies? Here’s why this shopper thinks so!

In what may come as a revelation to some, Bunnings isn't just the domain of DIY enthusiasts, it has become a secret shopping haven for cleaning products as well.

From dishwashing tablets to laundry detergent, Bunnings offers a range of cleaning items, and they're flying off the shelves not just because of their quality but also due to the significant cost savings.

But why are there observations Bunnings is outperforming traditional supermarkets in this area?

Here is the bottom line: Bunnings sells cleaning products in bulk sizes and often at prices that undercut the major supermarkets by a significant margin.

This might be surprising—after all, Bunnings is primarily a hardware store. But this retail landscape has been broadening its inventory to include household items.

photo.jpg
Bunnings has been the go-to for shoppers looking for cleaning products. Credit: @cassandradavidson8 / TikTok

One shopper, Cassandra Davidson, highlighted in a social media video, 'If you aren't buying cleaning products from Bunnings, you're throwing away money.'

'I go and grab the dishwashing tablets, they work out to be 36 cents each, which is a 24-cent saving, or you get ten more for $8 less.'

In another comparison, Cassandra pointed out that Fairy Platinum Plus Dishwashing Tablets cost $56 for a 42-pack at full price at Coles, whilst a staggering 84-pack of the same product goes for $44.80 at Bunnings.

Similarly, while a 5.4L Dynamo Professional 7-in-1 Action Liquid Laundry Detergent will set you back $47 at Woolworths, the same product is just $27.67 at Bunnings.

It's not only Cassandra who's onto this money-saving approach; social media groups are buzzing with recommendations to check out the hardware store for home cleaning products.

'If you live near a Bunnings, compare their cleaning items to those of supermarkets and BIG W,' one woman recommended.

Another customer stated, 'They also price beat, don't they, so even if it's cheaper elsewhere, Bunnings will beat it.’

'I bought a 5L of Cold Power from Bunnings on sale a few weeks ago for $23, I was paying $12 for 1L at Woolies, so it's a win [for] me,' a third said.

'I buy all my bulk cleaning goods from Bunnings,' a mum said.

'It was the same with washing scent beads, Coles was selling them for $32, but Bunnings was selling them for $15.50,' another recalled.

Beyond Bunnings, some shoppers have also found value in exploring other non-traditional outlets. Stores like ALDI, The Reject Shop, and Chemist Warehouse have all been mentioned as great alternatives for affordable cleaning items.

'Dishwashing tablets and washing powder are still cheaper at The Reject Shop! I bought 6kg washing powder for $12 last week,' one said.

Another added, 'The Reject Shop. Half that price all the time.’

'Chemist Warehouse is good for cleaning products too! Especially if you're after brands like Ecostore, always cheaper than Woolies,' a third said.

You can watch Cassandra’s video below:

Credit: @cassandradavidson8 / TikTok

9Honey writer Jo Abi also attested to these claims when she discovered cleaning products at The Reject Shop and Chemist Warehouse were sold at lower costs. You can read more about her story here.
Key Takeaways
  • Shoppers are finding substantial savings by buying bulk cleaning products from Bunnings Warehouse instead of supermarkets.
  • Bunnings offers household and cleaning items in larger quantities, with significant price differences compared to supermarket prices.
  • Customers have shared comparisons on social media, highlighting the cost-effectiveness of products such as dishwashing tablets and laundry detergent at Bunnings.
  • Shoppers have also recommended comparing prices and taking advantage of Bunnings' price-beat policy to ensure the best deals on cleaning supplies.
Have you noticed what Cassandra and other shoppers have pointed out about Bunnings? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Thanks for the tips. I buy our bathroom products like handwash and body wash and hair products at Aldi and they are much cheaper than Coles or WW.

I buy all my cleaning products from The Reject Shop. Their prices are really low. 110 dishwashing tablets for $19.99. They work just as well as the fancy ones.

Reactions: Mina vriesekolk
It’s the reject shop for me! All cleaning and toiletries are bought there including tp and paper towelling,dishwashing tabs all sorts of goodies at well below supermarket prices

I buy all my cleaning products from The Reject Shop. Their prices are really low. 110 dishwashing tablets for $19.99. They work just as well as the fancy ones.
Coles don't sell the 110 pack of Finish dish tablets only he expensive ones. Chemist wharehouse had them for $17.99 this week. Bunnings are now selling Dogfood in bulk at the big stores.