lanfong

May 25, 2023
Investment scam warning targeting elderly pensioners - CryptoCurrency trading

Another scam warning. It is another investment scam attacking old and gullible retiree.

These scammers work under the name of Block Chain financing. CryptoCurrency trading
[email protected]

They promise pensioners great return once they start investing on their crypto scheme. They call you everyday about 3pm Victoria time and lure you for more money for their investment. They provide realistic reports showing your investment growth. Once you ask them for the investment fund, it gets worse. They give you many excuses saying the money is available, but you have to pay certain amount to get the money.

To request $17,000 fund , husband has so far given them more $4000. Still no money seen but still calls everyday for more money to clear fund.

Husband retired and only depends on pension. Someone saying you have $17,000 we hold on your behalf, he refuse to see the scam side of this. Vulnerable and now in debt with this scam. PLEASE BE AWARE.

Investment scam warning targeting elderly pensioners - CryptoCurrency trading

Another scam warning. It is another investment scam attacking old and gullible retiree.

These scammers work under the name of Block Chain financing. CryptoCurrency trading
[email protected]

They promise pensioners great return once they start investing on their crypto scheme. They call you everyday about 3pm Victoria time and lure you for more money for their investment. They provide realistic reports showing your investment growth. Once you ask them for the investment fund, it gets worse. They give you many excuses saying the money is available, but you have to pay certain amount to get the money.

To request $17,000 fund , husband has so far given them more $4000. Still no money seen but still calls everyday for more money to clear fund.

Husband retired and only depends on pension. Someone saying you have $17,000 we hold on your behalf, he refuse to see the scam side of this. Vulnerable and now in debt with this scam. PLEASE BE AWARE.
Thank you so much for this warning, @lanfong 🙏 Maybe other members can offer advice as well on how to make the husband see sense :(

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this warning, @lanfong 🙏 Maybe other members can offer advice as well on how to make the husband see sense :(
I had one like this a few years ago, they told me that I had to send some stupid amount of money for me to open the account. I told them to deduct the amount from the total they were holding and send a chq for the rest. (Going back a day or two) they hung up and never bothered me again.

There's another scam that l checked up on. This one involves Woolies Rewards. I was asked to confirm my registration details in a competition to claim my prize. Thinking l may have entered , l phoned Woolies to see if in fact it is correct. NO!. There's no competition at this time. They thanked me for making them aware someone was using them to run a Scam.

Hey, thanks for sharing this info. It's really sad to see that scams like these are still going on, taking advantage of elderly people and their hard-earned money.

Reactions: Rhondda@Benji
It's crucial to stay extra vigilant in the world of cryptocurrency. Scammers are constantly on the prowl, coming up with new tactics to deceive and separate people from their hard-earned money. Always remember to do your due diligence, and if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Stay sharp and protect your finances!

A true knight of the cryptoverse knows that unity is strength. As the age-old adage goes, 'a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand,' and so is the tale of blockchain interoperability. Like a round table where all crypto knights convene, interoperability ensures that no blockchain stands alone. The meeting of chains is akin to a grand alliance, enabling a seamless flow of assets like a mystical river of gold. Here, the diverse fiefdoms of digital currencies merge, crafting a tapestry of unity where each thread strengthens the next, prophesying a future of combined might and wisdom on our shared quest for prosperity.

A true knight of the cryptoverse knows that unity is strength. As the age-old adage goes, 'a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand,' and so is the tale of blockchain interoperability. Like a round table where all crypto knights convene, interoperability ensures that no blockchain stands alone. The meeting of chains is akin to a grand alliance, enabling a seamless flow of assets like a mystical river of gold. Here, the diverse fiefdoms of digital currencies merge, crafting a tapestry of unity where each thread strengthens the next, prophesying a future of combined might and wisdom on our shared quest for prosperity.
i assume you are in your knights armour.