Impossible Quiche very easy

A quiche is the perfect quick lunch or dinner , served by itself or with a garden salad

Quiches are great to use all those leftover vegies, roast meat including chicken

16895-images.jpeg-27.jpg

Ingredients :

2 cups consisting of ham, leftover chicken ,meat and vegies, chicken and meat needs to be pre cooked

1 1/2 cups milk

3 eggs lightly beaten

1 cup grated cheese

1 onion diced

1/2 cup self-raising flour
Salt n pepper to taste approx 1/2 teaspoon each

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius ( 350 F ) and grease a quiche dish or pie dish is ok

. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix.

3. Pour into prepared dish

4. Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.

Serves 4

NOTE : Add your favourite herbs. I love adding fresh chopped chives.

This is a basic recipe, that you can really add to it what you want , spinach, peas, corn ect .

you can double the recipe

Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes

Last edited:
Sponsored
A quiche is the perfect quick lunch or dinner , served by itself or with a garden salad

Quiches are great to use all those leftover vegies, roast meat including chicken

View attachment 16896

Ingredients :

2 cups consisting of ham, chicken , leftover vegies ect

1 1/2 cups milk

3 eggs lightly beaten

1 cup grated cheese

1 onion diced

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius ( 350 F ) and grease a quiche dish or pie dish is ok

Serves 4

Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Sounds good and also an easy healthy recipe and a good way to get rid of leftovers thank you plan to try it

Reactions: RTS and Ricci
I cooked this yesterday for lunch as I needed to use up some leftovers.

I diced up leftover roast lamb, roast potatoes and sweet potatoe

And it was Amazing.

I feel you can basically use any leftover vegies and even leave the meat out.

You can also add any herbs you want but chives go so well with egg dishes.

If you like spice then add some chili flakes

Ingredients :

1 1/2 cups milk

3 eggs lightly beaten

1 cup grated cheese

1 onion diced

Method

2. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix.

3. Pour into prepared dish.

Thankyou Suzanne Rose. I used to bake something similar to this when my children were young. Especially if I was time poor & didn't want to make a crust.

Serves 4

Prep time 10 minutes

Cooking time 45 minutes

This will be a lot easier to make than a traditional pastry quiche. Thank you for sharing!

Cripes. don't people look at recipe books any more. I have been using this recipe for over 40 years. You can add anything you want to it. I've made a close version of it in a slow cooker....

I love making quiche , I wonder if the vegetables have been forgotten , like spinach , carrot , peas , corn , capsicum ect . There is only 1 onion in the recipe .
I usually add some homegrown herbs in as well.

I love making quiche , I wonder if the vegetables have been forgotten , like spinach , carrot , peas , corn , capsicum ect . There is only 1 onion in the recipe .
I usually add some homegrown herbs in as well.
I always add 2 cups of vegetables of choice and I only use 1 onion as there is only 3 eggs.
Most quiche have up to 10 eggs , can I ask your eggs to onion ratio ?

I definitely wouldn't add more than 1 onion to 3 eggs

The vegies I said 2 cups and left it up to people's favourites

Last edited:
Cripes. don't people look at recipe books any more. I have been using this recipe for over 40 years. You can add anything you want to it. I've made a close version of it in a slow cooker....
Not everyone have loads of cookbooks. People also love trying recipes that others have made and loved.

I try putting up easy recipes as well as healthy recipes and budget recipes.

Maybe you can share a few recipes 😉

Please post a picture when you have made it
I used cooked diced chicken breast, peas & carrots & used spring onions instead of an onion. Sometimes, I bake with White Wings S/R gluten free flour, as it makes a lighter texture. I had this in the cupboard, so I used it.
It turned out well in my extremely old brown quiche dish + was yummy.

Attachments

• IMG202304141208291.jpg
    IMG202304141208291.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG202304141144361.jpg
    IMG202304141144361.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 0
Might I ask what the ect after the first ingredients is? If it is meant to be the abbreviation for the word etcetera you can see that it would be the first three letters as highlighted. The word is NOT ec tetera.

I have used this recipe for many years and it has always gone down well with everyone who tries it.

I must have been living on another planet. :unsure: I've only had traditional quiche recipes with pastry.
Of course there's a frittata that doesn't have a crust, which is slightly different again.

View attachment 16896

Ingredients :

1 1/2 cups milk

3 eggs lightly beaten

1 cup grated cheese

1 onion diced

Method

Serves 4

NOTE : Add your favourite herbs. I love adding fresh chopped chives.

This is a basic recipe, that you can really add to it what you want , spinach, peas, corn ect .

you can double the recipe

Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes