If you loved Sizzler's cheese toast, you’ll want to try this 'amazing' supermarket dupe!

Surely everyone here has eaten at Sizzler at least once in their lives. Who here still has fond memories of their all-you-can-eat salad bar and the amazing value meals on the menu?

Of course, a Saturday visit to the legendary restaurant was not complete until the iconic cheese toast was brought to the table.

For many Aussies, this soft and crunchy cheese bread was always one of the highlights of the family restaurant's menu. So much so that many of us probably still remember the delicious and mouthwatering smell that came from a freshly made batch!

N5oI81ei67Y0y6PTZP0G6f7A655hhBxxSPcBJPGp3hRTfYqsTGicQ5hht13o2-ii-9R3TtmWVMO-hIHfnSUT-S1hVMSWMzSYuddKm0ZPOIdwo8Aei88BLEGyc7f0ujOI5pyJuxJUaDhUeUfU-GzVQnhcHmoGpbkmOoAI96gbjcYg9uXyNxMcD0gSlw

People are going crazy over a $6 supermarket duplicate of Sizzler's famous cheese toast. Credit: Pedestrian.TV.

Unfortunately, the pandemic has resulted in the closing of all remaining Sizzler's restaurants in the country, leaving many people heartbroken.

Gone, but never forgotten—this led to many Aussie foodies searching highs and lows just to find something that can fill the void in their hearts (and stomachs) left by the restaurant's iconic cheese toast.

So if you're craving Sizzler's famous cheese toast like we are, then we have good news: it seems like they're back on the menu!

And by menu, we mean supermarket shelves, because foodies everywhere are all raving about discovering a 'perfect dupe' for the iconic cheese toast.

Dannii Rodgers posted a video on TikTok, urging any fellow cheese toast fans to quickly head over to the supermarket because there's a bread that 'tastes exactly' like Sizzler's toast, and it's selling out fast!

'If you know, you know. Let's give it a go.'

EXDMw9GrN9BFGx6VGsadZB_T4DTS_d_EJhcMVCGvrheaPcPvma8CYSkEtswBMLFM3yTgrnoBluIix3KZCtRkcUn0kJk8qFYcsSwwjgR8B8X2EH-soIiJrDy_xPGi7EEyJn88OgSYO_m_V2tkw_ZNIuQBV0eAMc5R2XY9NczRihzfZ1AxPrpVOzJn5g

People say that the traditional cheesy pan bread at La Famiglia Kitchen tastes a lot like the cheese toast at Sizzler. Credit: Woolworths.

In the video, Dannii can be seen opening a package of La Famiglia Kitchen's traditional cheesy pan bread, which, according to many, tastes 'identical' to the cheese toast at Sizzler.

'This is what we're working with. It says you can put it on the grill or in the pan,' she said, and then went on to have a taste of the bread herself. 'Definitely the same vibe, and it's good!'

Many of the woman's viewers also expressed they were just as excited and happy as she was to find a dupe for Sizzler's cheese toast, and several promised to run to the supermarket to get some.

'ALDI has this, and I put it in the air fryer for six minutes. It's so good!' one person wrote in the comments section.

Another user agreed that the cheesy loaves of bread are extremely delicious; however, when they went to Woolies to get some, they were sold out. 'But I got some at Coles!' they added.

'OMG, this stuff is amazing,' said a third, while a fourth user went on to say, 'I'm pregnant, and I've forgotten all about these as I used to have them a lot. Now, since I've been reminded, it's a new craving. Ahhh! I need to get it!'

While it's true that many have found store-bought bread to be remarkably similar to those served at Sizzler, we can't help but believe that the restaurant's version is still a whole lot better. (Or is this just nostalgia?)

Luckily for us, as a 'farewell gift' to the thousands of people who have supported it over the years, Sizzler unveiled in 2020 how to prepare its signature cheese toast for those who are interested in giving it a try in their own homes.

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Thick sliced white bread
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Margarine
Method:
  1. Make a paste by mixing together equal parts of margarine and grated pecorino cheese.
  2. Coat one side of the bread with the mixture.
  3. Cook it in your frying pan for about a minute on low to medium heat.
  4. It's done cooking when it reaches a golden brown colour. Dish it up, then dig in!
Now, this sounds like an amazing arvo snack! Got to go, folks – heading over to the store now to stock up on some white bread and pecorino cheese!

Does the supermarket dupe, or this recipe, sound like something you would want to try as well? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
I used to love taking the kids to Sizzlers , we had to stop the kids attacking the desert bar first.

We never went for breakfast just didn't see the value.

We have tried the La Famiglia cheese toast and to be honest it's ok but nothing to rave about.

My family when they want cheese toast prefer cheese brevilles and when we make fried thick toast then it's French toast.

when and I say when we get into our new house my hubby has said I can have an air fryer so I am going to give this one a try....ohhh wait doesn't really need to be air fried...he we go here we go here we go.

PS my family too loved Sizzler and we were only just talking about them the other day.....

Surely everyone here has eaten at Sizzler at least once in their lives. Who here still has fond memories of their all-you-can-eat salad bar and the amazing value meals on the menu?

Of course, a Saturday visit to the legendary restaurant was not complete until the iconic cheese toast was brought to the table.

For many Aussies, this soft and crunchy cheese bread was always one of the highlights of the family restaurant's menu. So much so that many of us probably still remember the delicious and mouthwatering smell that came from a freshly made batch!

N5oI81ei67Y0y6PTZP0G6f7A655hhBxxSPcBJPGp3hRTfYqsTGicQ5hht13o2-ii-9R3TtmWVMO-hIHfnSUT-S1hVMSWMzSYuddKm0ZPOIdwo8Aei88BLEGyc7f0ujOI5pyJuxJUaDhUeUfU-GzVQnhcHmoGpbkmOoAI96gbjcYg9uXyNxMcD0gSlw

People are going crazy over a $6 supermarket duplicate of Sizzler's famous cheese toast. Credit: Pedestrian.TV.

Unfortunately, the pandemic has resulted in the closing of all remaining Sizzler's restaurants in the country, leaving many people heartbroken.

Gone, but never forgotten—this led to many Aussie foodies searching highs and lows just to find something that can fill the void in their hearts (and stomachs) left by the restaurant's iconic cheese toast.

So if you're craving Sizzler's famous cheese toast like we are, then we have good news: it seems like they're back on the menu!

And by menu, we mean supermarket shelves, because foodies everywhere are all raving about discovering a 'perfect dupe' for the iconic cheese toast.

Dannii Rodgers posted a video on TikTok, urging any fellow cheese toast fans to quickly head over to the supermarket because there's a bread that 'tastes exactly' like Sizzler's toast, and it's selling out fast!

EXDMw9GrN9BFGx6VGsadZB_T4DTS_d_EJhcMVCGvrheaPcPvma8CYSkEtswBMLFM3yTgrnoBluIix3KZCtRkcUn0kJk8qFYcsSwwjgR8B8X2EH-soIiJrDy_xPGi7EEyJn88OgSYO_m_V2tkw_ZNIuQBV0eAMc5R2XY9NczRihzfZ1AxPrpVOzJn5g

People say that the traditional cheesy pan bread at La Famiglia Kitchen tastes a lot like the cheese toast at Sizzler. Credit: Woolworths.

In the video, Dannii can be seen opening a package of La Famiglia Kitchen's traditional cheesy pan bread, which, according to many, tastes 'identical' to the cheese toast at Sizzler.

'This is what we're working with. It says you can put it on the grill or in the pan,' she said, and then went on to have a taste of the bread herself. 'Definitely the same vibe, and it's good!'

Many of the woman's viewers also expressed they were just as excited and happy as she was to find a dupe for Sizzler's cheese toast, and several promised to run to the supermarket to get some.

'ALDI has this, and I put it in the air fryer for six minutes. It's so good!' one person wrote in the comments section.

Another user agreed that the cheesy loaves of bread are extremely delicious; however, when they went to Woolies to get some, they were sold out. 'But I got some at Coles!' they added.

'OMG, this stuff is amazing,' said a third, while a fourth user went on to say, 'I'm pregnant, and I've forgotten all about these as I used to have them a lot. Now, since I've been reminded, it's a new craving. Ahhh! I need to get it!'

While it's true that many have found store-bought bread to be remarkably similar to those served at Sizzler, we can't help but believe that the restaurant's version is still a whole lot better. (Or is this just nostalgia?)

Luckily for us, as a 'farewell gift' to the thousands of people who have supported it over the years, Sizzler unveiled in 2020 how to prepare its signature cheese toast for those who are interested in giving it a try in their own homes.

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Margarine
Method:
  1. Make a paste by mixing together equal parts of margarine and grated pecorino cheese.
  4. It's done cooking when it reaches a golden brown colour. Dish it up, then dig in!
Now, this sounds like an amazing arvo snack! Got to go, folks – heading over to the store now to stock up on some white bread and pecorino cheese!

Does the supermarket dupe, or this recipe, sound like something you would want to try as well? Let us know in the comments!

I"VE BEEN BUYING IT FOR YEARS !!

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Margarine
Method:

Miss Sizzler’s! Used to go there a lot. Will look out for the cheese bread in the supermarkets.

Reactions: Ricci
Also loved Sizzlers, many happy memories of celebrating children’s birthdays & special events. Will give the recipe ago.

Reactions: Elbe and Ricci

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • Pecorino cheese
  • Margarine
Method:

Never been to sizzlers, but used to make something similar, but while one side was cooking I'd coat the other side with and turn it other. Another way was to mix grated tasty cheese with beaten egg, cracked black pepper and fry, preferably both versions cooked using your frypan wiped with bacon fat. Although both variations no good if your concerned about the size of your arse?. 😉😉

Never been to sizzlers, but used to make something similar, but while one side was cooking I'd coat the other side with and turn it other. Another way was to mix grated tasty cheese with beaten egg, cracked black pepper and fry, preferably both versions cooked using your frypan wiped with bacon fat. Although both variations no good if your concerned about the size of your arse?. 😉😉
Hahaahaha

Reactions: Ricci