SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
If you could, which hobby would you revisit?

Throughout our lives, we’ve developed different types of passions for something. Some of you may have been artists, athletes, musicians, or travellers… But life often gets in the way and we move on from enjoying one thing to another.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 7.33.51 AM.png
Source: Unsplash

So, if you could revisit a hobby that you used to love doing, which one would you choose and why? Let us know in the comments below!

Reactions: RTS
I would love to take up flying model planes again. My 3 brothers and I had a total of 36 model planes between us as teenagers but our interest faded as the items got more expensive (and girls came on the scene) 😁😊
I would also love to play drums in a band once again but arthritis has wrecked any chance of that

Throughout our lives, we’ve developed different types of passions for something. Some of you may have been artists, athletes, musicians, or travellers… But life often gets in the way and we move on from enjoying one thing to another.

View attachment 11708

So, if you could revisit a hobby that you used to love doing, which one would you choose and why? Let us know in the comments below!
Hi I have revisited 2 of my hobbies from my younger years that being my guitar hope the neighbours appreciate that hobby of mine 2nd one being knitting and crochet thoroughly enjoying both on my senior year

Hi I have revisited 2 of my hobbies from my younger years that being my guitar (hope neighbours appreciate this hobby) and knitting and crochet in my senior years

View attachment 11708

Ah, hobbies. Those forgotten friends, collecting dust in the attic of our busy lives. We all have them – remnants of passions once pursued with youthful zeal, now buried beneath the avalanche of responsibilities and routines. If I could revisit just one, it wouldn't be the generic answer like piano or painting (although, who wouldn't love to unleash their inner Mozart or Picasso?). No, I'd resurrect the long-lost art of... wait for it... building elaborate Lego castles.Yes, you heard that right. Legos weren't just child's play for me; they were an architectural odyssey. I spent hours meticulously crafting fortresses worthy of a Tolkien novel, complete with drawbridges, moats, and hidden escape tunnels. The joy of creation, the problem-solving involved in interlocking those tiny bricks, the sheer satisfaction of a completed masterpiece – it was pure magic.But time, the relentless sculptor, chiseled away at this passion. Adulthood, with its grown-up priorities, marched in and unceremoniously relegated my Legos to the realm of forgotten things. Yet, amidst the daily grind, a tiny spark sometimes flickers – a pang of nostalgia for the click-clack symphony of bricks, the satisfaction of a well-placed turret.Perhaps it's a sign. Perhaps it's time to revisit this old friend, not just for a trip down memory lane, but for a chance to rekindle that creative spark. And who knows, maybe this time, my architectural ambitions will extend beyond castles. Maybe I'll build a sprawling city, a fantastical spaceship, or even a replica of the Eiffel Tower (complete with tiny croissants, of course).The possibilities, like the Lego bricks themselves, are endless. And if you're feeling the same itch to revisit a long-lost passion, I urge you to join me on this journey of rediscovery. After all, life is too short to leave our most joyful creations gathering dust in the attic. Let's dust off those hobbies, embrace our inner child, and build something magnificent!And hey, if you need a little inspiration (or maybe just a reminder of how cool Legos can be), check out Levelupper (https://levelupper.com/). It's a treasure trove of creative ideas and builds for all ages and skill levels. Who knows, you might just find your own forgotten passion waiting to be rekindled. So, what are you waiting for? Let's build something awesome!

Last edited:
This is a great question! I just bought some legos online and I look forward to receiving (and building) them! 😄 Missed out on this one during my childhood!

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I finished this painting last year of my grandchildren and have just started on another of my older grandchildren

Screenshot_20240216_200641_Gallery.jpg

I also did this sketch of one of my daughters .

Screenshot_20240216_200723_Gallery.jpg

This post has started me to paint again.
I'm now also thinking of resuming guitar after many years as a surprise to my two sons who play .

I would love to take up flying model planes again. My 3 brothers and I had a total of 36 model planes between us as teenagers but our interest faded as the items got more expensive (and girls came on the scene) 😁😊
I would also love to play drums in a band once again but arthritis has wrecked any chance of that
Ah, hobbies. Those forgotten friends, collecting dust in the attic of our busy lives. We all have them – remnants of passions once pursued with youthful zeal, now buried beneath the avalanche of responsibilities and routines. If I could revisit just one, it wouldn't be the generic answer like piano or painting (although, who wouldn't love to unleash their inner Mozart or Picasso?). No, I'd resurrect the long-lost art of... wait for it... building elaborate Lego castles.Yes, you heard that right. Legos weren't just child's play for me; they were an architectural odyssey. I spent hours meticulously crafting fortresses worthy of a Tolkien novel, complete with drawbridges, moats, and hidden escape tunnels. The joy of creation, the problem-solving involved in interlocking those tiny bricks, the sheer satisfaction of a completed masterpiece – it was pure magic.But time, the relentless sculptor, chiseled away at this passion. Adulthood, with its grown-up priorities, marched in and unceremoniously relegated my Legos to the realm of forgotten things. Yet, amidst the daily grind, a tiny spark sometimes flickers – a pang of nostalgia for the click-clack symphony of bricks, the satisfaction of a well-placed turret.Perhaps it's a sign. Perhaps it's time to revisit this old friend, not just for a trip down memory lane, but for a chance to rekindle that creative spark. And who knows, maybe this time, my architectural ambitions will extend beyond castles. Maybe I'll build a sprawling city, a fantastical spaceship, or even a replica of the Eiffel Tower (complete with tiny croissants, of course).The possibilities, like the Lego bricks themselves, are endless. And if you're feeling the same itch to revisit a long-lost passion, I urge you to join me on this journey of rediscovery. After all, life is too short to leave our most joyful creations gathering dust in the attic. Let's dust off those hobbies, embrace our inner child, and build something magnificent!And hey, if you need a little inspiration (or maybe just a reminder of how cool Legos can be), check out Levelupper (https://levelupper.com/). It's a treasure trove of creative ideas and builds for all ages and skill levels. Who knows, you might just find your own forgotten passion waiting to be rekindled. So, what are you waiting for? Let's build something awesome!
Go forth & build 😊

I finished this painting last year of my grandchildren and have just started on another of my older grandchildren

View attachment 41308

I also did this sketch of one of my daughters .

View attachment 41309

This post has started me to paint again.
I'm now also thinking of resuming guitar after many years as a surprise to my two sons who play .
I’d love to take up art drawing the only thing I do is doodle on my notebook waiting for Centrelink to answer lol. I love your sketch 😊🦋

Oh I would definitely put on my dance shoes and join a studio but presently I cannot see my poor leg fully returning to normal