Ice Cream lovers rejoice! Golden Gaytime takes you down memory lane with their splendid new flavour

If you are among our members who have fond memories of enjoying ice cream while watching the cricket game, or if you still get excited when hearing the ice cream van's music from afar, we have some very good news for you!

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 9.53.58 am.png
Golden Gaytime has launched a very nostalgic flavour… Image source: Coles.

Australia's darling ice cream brand, Golden Gaytime, has unveiled a sweet surprise: a mouth-watering Vanilla Malt Shake flavour. This nostalgic launch will revive your best childhood memories while promising a deliciously exciting ride for the adventurous taste buds among us!

As we all know, Golden Gaytime is an Aussie staple dating back to 1959, it is a truly vintage treat. Their ice cream's charming name, which refers to having a jolly good time, instantly became a hit among Australians, further cementing Golden Gaytime as a household name. It stands to reason why their latest innovation would create such a buzz!

Reminiscent of quaint old-school milk bars, the Vanilla Malt Shake offers a delightful twist to Australia's most loved ice cream flavour—the classic vanilla. The ice cream boasts the famous Golden Gaytime biscuit crumb on the outside with a yummy malt-filled centre. Multiple generations are in for a real treat that will transport them back to the days of their youth when 'Gaytime' was all about fun, laughter, and a cheeky ice cream cone or two!

A four-pack of this dreamy dessert can be all yours for $10. What's more, you can find them in-store and online at popular local outlets like Coles, IGA, Ritchies, Drakes, or Romeos. Now, there's no need to wait for the ice cream van to show up on your street; you can savour the delightful Golden Gaytime anytime you want!

image2.jpg
Who doesn’t love a Golden Gaytime? Image source: Flickr.

If you're wondering about the nutritional aspect, ice cream, besides being the ultimate comfort food and, of course, a treat, does offer some benefits. It has Vitamin D and calcium, the dynamic duo that is essential for bone health. In moderation, it can be a sweet addition to your diet.

Early tasters of the product have delivered high praise, firmly batting in the Golden Gaytime team. One taste tester, Holly Dalton, shared her delight, saying, 'This is brilliant, the vanilla malt really makes it, it's super yum.'

Respected online food critic, Russ, added his glowing review, 'This really works, it seems like an enhanced Golden Gaytime. I rate this a lot.' It seems the Golden Gaytime Vanilla Malt Shake flavour already has a fan club!

Michelle Boye, the Golden Gaytime Brand Manager, ANZ, acknowledged the nostalgic appeal of the new flavour: 'Golden Gaytime is much loved across generations so we wanted to create a new and exciting flavour that will appeal to those who grew up visiting their local milk bar. It's also for younger generations looking for the next amazing taste experience.'

Key Takeaways
  • Golden Gaytime has announced a brand new Vanilla Malt Shake ice cream, offering a nostalgic nod to a classic milk bar treat.
  • The creative reimagining of Australia's most popular ice cream flavour is now available in-stores and online at Coles, IGA, Ritchies, Drakes, and Romeos.
  • The announcement sparked positive feedback from avid ice cream enthusiasts, receiving glowing reviews for its taste and evocation of childhood memories.
  • Michelle Boye, Brand Manager, ANZ expressed that the decision to introduce the new flavour stems from the aim to cater to all generations, from those who cherish visits to the local milk bar to younger ones seeking unique taste experiences.

So, members, it's time to taste a slice of nostalgia and make new memories with your family over a delightful ice cream treat! Savour the sweet past and embrace the sweeter present with Golden Gaytime's Vanilla Malt Shake!

We'd love to hear your feedback and your own 'Gaytime' stories, so please feel free to comment below and share your stories!

Reactions: Ezzy and Littleboy8
Sponsored
If you are among our members who have fond memories of enjoying ice cream while watching the cricket game, or if you still get excited when hearing the ice cream van's music from afar, we have some very good news for you!

View attachment 28008
Golden Gaytime has launched a very nostalgic flavour… Image source: Coles.

Australia's darling ice cream brand, Golden Gaytime, has unveiled a sweet surprise: a mouth-watering Vanilla Malt Shake flavour. This nostalgic launch will revive your best childhood memories while promising a deliciously exciting ride for the adventurous taste buds among us!

As we all know, Golden Gaytime is an Aussie staple dating back to 1959, it is a truly vintage treat. Their ice cream's charming name, which refers to having a jolly good time, instantly became a hit among Australians, further cementing Golden Gaytime as a household name. It stands to reason why their latest innovation would create such a buzz!

Reminiscent of quaint old-school milk bars, the Vanilla Malt Shake offers a delightful twist to Australia's most loved ice cream flavour—the classic vanilla. The ice cream boasts the famous Golden Gaytime biscuit crumb on the outside with a yummy malt-filled centre. Multiple generations are in for a real treat that will transport them back to the days of their youth when 'Gaytime' was all about fun, laughter, and a cheeky ice cream cone or two!

A four-pack of this dreamy dessert can be all yours for $10. What's more, you can find them in-store and online at popular local outlets like Coles, IGA, Ritchies, Drakes, or Romeos. Now, there's no need to wait for the ice cream van to show up on your street; you can savour the delightful Golden Gaytime anytime you want!

View attachment 28009
Who doesn’t love a Golden Gaytime? Image source: Flickr.

If you're wondering about the nutritional aspect, ice cream, besides being the ultimate comfort food and, of course, a treat, does offer some benefits. It has Vitamin D and calcium, the dynamic duo that is essential for bone health. In moderation, it can be a sweet addition to your diet.

Early tasters of the product have delivered high praise, firmly batting in the Golden Gaytime team. One taste tester, Holly Dalton, shared her delight, saying, 'This is brilliant, the vanilla malt really makes it, it's super yum.'

Respected online food critic, Russ, added his glowing review, 'This really works, it seems like an enhanced Golden Gaytime. I rate this a lot.' It seems the Golden Gaytime Vanilla Malt Shake flavour already has a fan club!

Michelle Boye, the Golden Gaytime Brand Manager, ANZ, acknowledged the nostalgic appeal of the new flavour: 'Golden Gaytime is much loved across generations so we wanted to create a new and exciting flavour that will appeal to those who grew up visiting their local milk bar. It's also for younger generations looking for the next amazing taste experience.'

Key Takeaways

• Golden Gaytime has announced a brand new Vanilla Malt Shake ice cream, offering a nostalgic nod to a classic milk bar treat.
  • The creative reimagining of Australia's most popular ice cream flavour is now available in-stores and online at Coles, IGA, Ritchies, Drakes, and Romeos.
  • The announcement sparked positive feedback from avid ice cream enthusiasts, receiving glowing reviews for its taste and evocation of childhood memories.
  • Michelle Boye, Brand Manager, ANZ expressed that the decision to introduce the new flavour stems from the aim to cater to all generations, from those who cherish visits to the local milk bar to younger ones seeking unique taste experiences.

So, members, it's time to taste a slice of nostalgia and make new memories with your family over a delightful ice cream treat! Savour the sweet past and embrace the sweeter present with Golden Gaytime's Vanilla Malt Shake!

We'd love to hear your feedback and your own 'Gaytime' stories, so please feel free to comment below and share your stories!
I love all flavours but the best part for me is the crunchy coating😻

Reactions: Ezzy
Golden Gaytime is my all time favourite ice cream.
I don't have it often because it is one of the more expensive. So, when someone says, do you want an ice cream, I'm buying, well...say no more.
I am not interested in any variations. The original is the best. I will not be moved.
Mind you, if I was given a tester for free, I'd make myself try it.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I bought this one at half price at Coles earlier this week. Can't say I was excited about it, or that it was 'amazing'. It also didn't remind me of milk bars.