SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
Ice cream and jelly

Here’s a sweet memory worth reminiscing about! Do you remember indulging in this old-fashioned treat? Aussie mums back in the day would often serve this to kids who are recovering after getting their tonsils removed. But it’s also the perfect dessert for a hot summer day! What was YOUR favourite dessert growing up? Share it with us in the comments!

img20948.whqc_768x512q80fpt401fpl612.jpg
Source: Great British Chefs

Reactions: Littleboy8
I still eat jelly it’s so cheap to make and I love squishing it through my teeth.🤣yum.
My favourites are orange and red and pineapple.It’s good frozen also on a really hot day.😋😋no ice cream or anything just plain for me😊

Last edited:
Yum!! I always enjoyed this treat. Dont have it much these days. I recall enjoying it when I had my tonsils out at age 10. I do LOVE nice icecream in a cone...with choc on top and nuts! Fave as a young girl, was my Mum's trifle with wine...maybe got a bit tipsy eating it! Cake with custard and coconut on top with wine soaked through it! Also loved choc pudding and custard and sticky date pudding. Luckily I can eat it and not gain weight, but now we have to watch the old cholesterol!!!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Yum!! I always enjoyed this treat. Dont have it much these days. I recall enjoying it when I had my tonsils out at age 10. I do LOVE nice icecream in a cone...with choc on top and nuts! Fave as a young girl, was my Mum's trifle with wine...maybe got a bit tipsy eating it! Cake with custard and coconut on top with wine soaked through it! Also loved choc pudding and custard and sticky date pudding. Luckily I can eat it and not gain weight, but now we have to watch the old cholesterol!!!
May I ask.....why don't you have it much these days? It's cheap and so easy to make. You should treat yourself.