'I wish I found it sooner': Local motorist shares one tip that saved her fuel costs!

In a time when the cost of living is on an upward trajectory, finding ways to save money has become more critical than ever for Australians.

One of the most significant expenses that claim a huge chunk of budgets is fuel.

What if there was a way to cut down on these costs?

There is one, and it's a simple tip that's been saving savvy Aussies a considerable amount on their petrol bills.

Perth local Miranda Brady recently talked about her fuel-saving strategy and urged people to do the same thing so they can save on fuel costs.

Brady used the My 7-Eleven app to 'lock in' low petrol prices.

This feature would allow customers to search for the cheapest fuel prices at nearby 7-Eleven service stations and secure these low prices within the next week.

compressed-7 eleven.jpeg
The My 7-Eleven app will show the cheapest fuel prices within a certain area and lock the prices in for a week. Image Credit: Shutterstock/Douglas Cliff

Brady stumbled upon this tip on social media and has since shared her discovery with friends and family.

'I'm still pretty new at using it, but I wish I found it sooner,' Brady shared.

On average, Brady saves $15 each time she fills up her car.

'Working from home means I'm not filling up as often as I used to, but I tell everyone about it because a lot of my friends travel daily for work,' she added.

However, last February, 7-Eleven already capped the savings at a maximum of 25 cents per litre.

Despite the change in their policy, the company emphasised that savings may vary and are not guaranteed.

A 7-Eleven spokesperson explained that the chain remains committed to giving customers' convenience, choice, and value'.

Even with the savings cap, Brady insisted that using the app's lock-in feature is still worth it.

She recounted a recent experience where a service station attendant advised her to lock in the price ahead of a 55-cent price hike the following day.

'With the cost of living always increasing, this is a no-brainer,' she said.

'Fuel is one of the biggest recurring costs for Australians, and it's largely unavoidable. Most of us need to drive.'

Brady also pointed out that using the app could save people time by avoiding long queues on 'cheap fuel days'.

Many followed Brady's advice and saw their fuel bills slashed.

'It's so good. Petrol is $1.89 where I am and I paid $1.55 for it,' one comment read.

'Good idea! I need to do this,' another exclaimed.

While some users pointed out the limitations of the 25-cent cap, the overall consensus is that any savings are better than none.

If you're looking to keep a bit more of your hard-earned cash in your pocket, consider using the My 7-Eleven app on iOS and Android.

It's a simple yet effective way to reduce living costs.

Remember, every penny saved is a penny that can be spent on the things that truly matter.
Key Takeaways

• Perth local Miranda Brady shared an easy petrol-saving tip that saved her $15 for every refuel.
  • The My 7-Eleven app allows users to search for the cheapest fuel prices at 7-Eleven service stations and lock in low petrol prices for a week.
  • Although 7-Eleven already capped the maximum savings at 25 cents per litre, Brady still recommended the fuel-saving method.
  • Locking in fuel prices not only saves money but also saves motorists' time by avoiding long queues on cheap fuel days.
Have you tried the My 7-Eleven app or any other fuel-saving strategies? Share your experiences and tips in the comments below!

Sponsored