I was thinking more along the lines of a 12 month magazine subscription :)

A couple of years ago I decided I deserved a diamond ring (or 2) as a reward for the years spent with my husband, I had also lost a diamond ring that I had for a while as well,he agreed with me but not trusting his taste I hit the jewellery stores looking for the perfect pieces myself. In one of the stores when asked if there was a reason for the purchases I said gift from my husband, the assistant told me that it was common for ladies to choose their own rings but to just put them aside and give their husband the docket so that they ccould collect, to make it look as if he had chosen the pieces for her. My husband agreed that he would feel good to go in and get the rings for me that way, so thats what I did for the next purchase. Lucky me!!

Jewelry is so over rated. You pay the price for something you feel looks good but doesn't really equate to the same value of its actual worth.
If a jeweler makes a $10 item and tries to sell it for $1000 as the asking price, just because it looks good would you really pay that much for it?
A string with a bow in it around your finger can have more sentimental value in it that a $1000 over costed piece of jewelry.

Last edited:
Reactions: mylittletibbies
Jewelry is so over rated. You pay the price for something you feel looks good but doesn't really equate to the same value of its actual worth.
If a jeweler makes a $10 item and tries to sell it for $1000 as the asking price, just because it looks good would you really pay that much for it?
A string with a bow in it around your finger can have more value in it that a $1000 over costed piece of jewelry.
Very cynical point of view but you are entitled to it, I on the other hand prefer real jewellery as opposed to a piece of string

Reactions: Mrs Robyn
Very cynical point of view but you are entitled to it, I on the other hand prefer real jewellery as opposed to a piece of string
Haven't mentioned nor suggested what anyone should buy or not buy. You want bling, then buy bling. To me it is more of the thought that counts, not the value. A cheap item can have just as much value and endearment to the heart of the holder compared to some bling.

Reactions: Viellarde