Hyundai owners, beware: Massive recall issued over fears of 'sudden power loss' while on the road!

Hold on to your steering wheels, folks, because it looks like the wave of recalls from car companies in Australia is not yet done. From luxury sedans to rugged SUVs, it's never been more important for drivers to be extra careful on the road.

In recent news, Hyundai and Kia, two of the biggest names in the automobile industry, are facing a legal battle as an Australian law firm has launched class action proceedings against them, seeking compensation for defective braking systems.

This comes hot on the heels of Kia Australia's recall of 12,581 units of the Sportage SUV due to a mechanical issue that could potentially lead to engine compartment fires.

And now, Hyundai is in the spotlight after announcing a recall of thousands of vehicles because of a gearbox software fault that could cut engine power, which could result in a devastating crash.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 8.33.07 AM.png
Hyundai has announced a recall of several vehicle models due to a programming issue with the 'fail-safe' driving mode, which may result in a crash. Credit: Hyundai.

Hyundai Australia is conducting a massive recall of 8466 vehicles due to a programming issue with the 'fail-safe' driving mode, which may result in a crash.

The recall affects a wide range of models, including the i30N Santa Fe (TM), Kona N (OS), i30N Sedan (CN7) and Sonata N-Line vehicles sold between 2020 - 2022. Even the Hyundai i30N (PD) sold between 2021 and 2022 is reportedly affected.

Here are the models affected. Please check if yours is on the list!

Santa Fe (TM)
  • Model Year 2020-2021
  • VIN: KMHS*81HW*U280462 – KMHS*81HW*U435610
  • Built Date: 18 May 2020-19 May 2022
  • Affected units: 5699
Kona N (OS)
  • Model Year 2021-2022
  • VIN: KMHKH81CV*U000036 – KMHKH81CV*U003979
  • Built Date: 17 Nov 2020-28 Mar 2022
  • Affected units: 274
i30 Sedan N (CN7)
  • Model Year 2021-2022
  • VIN: KMHLW41KV*U000055 – KMHLW41KV*U005134
  • Affected units: 353
Sonata N Line (DN8)
  • Model Year 2020-2022,
  • VIN: KMHL441CV*A083294 – KMHL541CV*A222021
  • Built Date: 15 Jun 2020-21 Apr 2022
  • Affected units: 911
i30 Hatch N (PD)
  • Model Year 2022
  • VIN: TMAH**1AVNJ009811 – TMAH**1AVNJ030000
  • Built Date: 27 Oct 2021-21 Apr 2022
  • Affected units: 1229

According to the Department of Transport, there is a problem with the computer programming in the affected vehicles that can cause the car to slow down without the driver asking it to. This happens because of a safety feature called 'fail-safe' mode which is supposed to activate if there is a problem with the vehicle.

However, this safety feature is not working properly, and it can turn on unexpectedly. This means that the car may slow down without warning, even if the driver is not having any problems with it.

'Due to a programming issue, the “fail-safe” driving mode may not respond as intended when certain transmission faults are detected,' Hyundai said in the announcement.

'Under certain driving conditions, the vehicle fail-safe mode may activate, resulting in reduced acceleration followed by a loss of motive power.'
Key Takeaways

• Hyundai has issued a recall of thousands of vehicles over a programming issue with the 'fail-safe' driving mode.
  • Affected models include their i30N Santa Fe (TM), Kona N (OS), i30N Sedan (CN7) and Sonata N-Line vehicles sold between 2020 - 2022.
  • The recall is due to a programming issue that may result in a crash if the 'fail-safe' mode is not activated as intended.
Hyundai Australia will be reaching out to all the affected owners and asking them to bring their vehicles to the nearest dealership. Find yours here!

Once there, the staff will install a special software update that will fix the issue and have your car running like new again.

'We are contacting the owners. It is a software fix, so it should be a reasonably quick job that will take around 20-30 minutes in the workshop,' said a spokesperson for the car company.

If you want more information on the issue or have any other concerns, you can contact the Hyundai customer experience team at 1800 186 306 or visit their website.

They will be more than happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have. So, don't let the recall dampen your spirits, take action and get your car back on the road in no time!

Members, we hope you found this article helpful and informative. If you or someone you know has been affected by a recall, don't hesitate to take action and get your vehicle fixed.

Remember, your safety is the top priority, and driving a vehicle that is not up to the standards can be dangerous. So, stay informed, stay vigilant and most importantly, stay safe on the road.

Sponsored
Gosh how many more recalls !!! We seem to have had heaps this year. Didn't seem like we had this many years ago. PROGRESS ???

Reactions: Ricci
Just goes to show that car manufacturers are being too damned smart for their own good. This sort of computer failure did not happen to cars built in the 1980s and earlier and when they were easier to fix by people who knew how to use a spanner.

Hold on to your steering wheels, folks, because it looks like the wave of recalls from car companies in Australia is not yet done. From luxury sedans to rugged SUVs, it's never been more important for drivers to be extra careful on the road.

In recent news, Hyundai and Kia, two of the biggest names in the automobile industry, are facing a legal battle as an Australian law firm has launched class action proceedings against them, seeking compensation for defective braking systems.

This comes hot on the heels of Kia Australia's recall of 12,581 units of the Sportage SUV due to a mechanical issue that could potentially lead to engine compartment fires.

And now, Hyundai is in the spotlight after announcing a recall of thousands of vehicles because of a gearbox software fault that could cut engine power, which could result in a devastating crash.

View attachment 12279
Hyundai has announced a recall of several vehicle models due to a programming issue with the 'fail-safe' driving mode, which may result in a crash. Credit: Hyundai.

Hyundai Australia is conducting a massive recall of 8466 vehicles due to a programming issue with the 'fail-safe' driving mode, which may result in a crash.

The recall affects a wide range of models, including the i30N Santa Fe (TM), Kona N (OS), i30N Sedan (CN7) and Sonata N-Line vehicles sold between 2020 - 2022. Even the Hyundai i30N (PD) sold between 2021 and 2022 is reportedly affected.

Santa Fe (TM)
  • Model Year 2020-2021
Kona N (OS)
  • Model Year 2021-2022
i30 Sedan N (CN7)
  • Model Year 2021-2022
Sonata N Line (DN8)
  • Model Year 2020-2022,
i30 Hatch N (PD)
  • Model Year 2022

According to the Department of Transport, there is a problem with the computer programming in the affected vehicles that can cause the car to slow down without the driver asking it to. This happens because of a safety feature called 'fail-safe' mode which is supposed to activate if there is a problem with the vehicle.

However, this safety feature is not working properly, and it can turn on unexpectedly. This means that the car may slow down without warning, even if the driver is not having any problems with it.

'Due to a programming issue, the “fail-safe” driving mode may not respond as intended when certain transmission faults are detected,' Hyundai said in the announcement.

'Under certain driving conditions, the vehicle fail-safe mode may activate, resulting in reduced acceleration followed by a loss of motive power.'
Key Takeaways

• Hyundai has issued a recall of thousands of vehicles over a programming issue with the 'fail-safe' driving mode.
  • Affected models include their i30N Santa Fe (TM), Kona N (OS), i30N Sedan (CN7) and Sonata N-Line vehicles sold between 2020 - 2022.
  • The recall is due to a programming issue that may result in a crash if the 'fail-safe' mode is not activated as intended.
Hyundai Australia will be reaching out to all the affected owners and asking them to bring their vehicles to the nearest dealership. Find yours here!

Once there, the staff will install a special software update that will fix the issue and have your car running like new again.

'We are contacting the owners. It is a software fix, so it should be a reasonably quick job that will take around 20-30 minutes in the workshop,' said a spokesperson for the car company.

If you want more information on the issue or have any other concerns, you can contact the Hyundai customer experience team at 1800 186 306 or visit their website.

They will be more than happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have. So, don't let the recall dampen your spirits, take action and get your car back on the road in no time!

Members, we hope you found this article helpful and informative. If you or someone you know has been affected by a recall, don't hesitate to take action and get your vehicle fixed.

Remember, your safety is the top priority, and driving a vehicle that is not up to the standards can be dangerous. So, stay informed, stay vigilant and most importantly, stay safe on the road.
The problem begins with the manufacture of faulty components sourced from outside the company usually from the cheapest maker of those parts.... Both sides are negligent with their quality control of said component and they need to up their game..... It is usually the same component from one manufacturer for all makes of vehicles that purchase from that company....

Reactions: Marj53 and Joyem

View attachment 12279

Santa Fe (TM)
  • Model Year 2020-2021
Kona N (OS)
  • Model Year 2021-2022
i30 Sedan N (CN7)
  • Model Year 2021-2022
Sonata N Line (DN8)
  • Model Year 2020-2022,
i30 Hatch N (PD)
  • Model Year 2022

Key Takeaways

1960s cars were all mechanical.
They worked very reliably, no fires, no computer bs at all.
The driver was;and still is the computer driving the vehicle if they are allowed to! Governments have ruined the motor industry with policies that are all detrimental to drivers and their vehicles.

Reactions: Kgee and Marj53