Big Al

Dec 24, 2021
Hybrid Rosella

Uncommon, but easy to spot is this Hybrid Rosella which is a cross between the Pale-Headed Rosella and the Eastern Rosella.
This fellow visited me this morning, calling his mate, but she was taking no notice at the time._D5A1519.jpg

What a gorgeous bird, hope he visits my garden soon. I love birds and have made a nice birdbath from a big pot plant saucer and replenish it daily with fresh water. It gets alot of visitors and I enjoy seeing the comings and goings of various birds and which ones will give way and let others in before them. A special little magpie has been coming for a year now and I have watched him grow and develop from a baby, he comes on the verandah for food but gets plenty of food from the lawn. We get the rainbow lorrikeets, doves, honeyeaters, crows, ibis, herons and anything else that wants to call in for a feed and drink. In this heat we have had lately it is lovely to see them cooling off.

What a gorgeous bird, hope he visits my garden soon. I love birds and have made a nice birdbath from a big pot plant saucer and replenish it daily with fresh water. It gets alot of visitors and I enjoy seeing the comings and goings of various birds and which ones will give way and let others in before them. A special little magpie has been coming for a year now and I have watched him grow and develop from a baby, he comes on the verandah for food but gets plenty of food from the lawn. We get the rainbow lorrikeets, doves, honeyeaters, crows, ibis, herons and anything else that wants to call in for a feed and drink. In this heat we have had lately it is lovely to see them cooling off.
I get lots of birds also but lately I’m getting bronze winged pigeons and they are beautifully coloured especially when the sun is on them.also a small Whitey coloured dove it’s really tame but I’m wondering if it’s someone’s pet.🤔it comes every morning lately.😊