SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
R

Ricci

Oct 27, 2021
Hug your Pets

Give your pets an extra special hug tonight and for Goodness Sake make sure they are medicated against Fleas and Ticks.

Tonight one of my little dogs is in the Veterinary Hospital fighting for his life with Tick Paralysis and it's touch and go. At the moment there are 8 dogs in the Hospital, all with the same thing. Luckily my other dog is fine.

I thought they were covered but their medication ran out 2 weeks ago and I simply forgot to replace it. It might be an expensive medication but it is nothing compared to the fees I'm now going to be up for.

My little fella was bitten just under his chin, he has lost the ability to swallow, is dribbling all the time and he currently can't stand up. he has been given the Serum and is on a drip. That's about all they can do at the moment apart from monitoring him, the rest is up to him.

Apparently ticks are prevalent at the moment due to the wet weather and temperatures we've been having lately.

Please give your Pets that extra special hug tonight and maybe spare a thought for poor old Tommy and the other 7 dogs, fighting for their life in Hospital.

I am so sorry @Ricci. We hope Tommy and the other 7 dogs are well now :(
Thank you for your thoughts, Tommy is home now, completing his convalescence here.
He was one very sick little dog, in fact the Vet told me that when I took him in on Friday he seriously doubted he would last the night, but by Sunday evening he was able to stand up unaided and on Monday morning he ate a mouthful of food and kept it down. Two of the other seven dogs didn't make it.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to put something in the newsletter as my vet told me there was a nationwide shortage of the serum and they fully expect to run out completely in a week or so, so many dogs are getting sick. A good quality Tick prevention goes a long way to avoid or minimise the complications of a tick bite and I would hate for anyone else to spend the weekend Tommy and I just have.🐶🥰

Hug your Pets

Give your pets an extra special hug tonight and for Goodness Sake make sure they are medicated against Fleas and Ticks.

Tonight one of my little dogs is in the Veterinary Hospital fighting for his life with Tick Paralysis and it's touch and go. At the moment there are 8 dogs in the Hospital, all with the same thing. Luckily my other dog is fine.

I thought they were covered but their medication ran out 2 weeks ago and I simply forgot to replace it. It might be an expensive medication but it is nothing compared to the fees I'm now going to be up for.

My little fella was bitten just under his chin, he has lost the ability to swallow, is dribbling all the time and he currently can't stand up. he has been given the Serum and is on a drip. That's about all they can do at the moment apart from monitoring him, the rest is up to him.

Apparently ticks are prevalent at the moment due to the wet weather and temperatures we've been having lately.

Please give your Pets that extra special hug tonight and maybe spare a thought for poor old Tommy and the other 7 dogs, fighting for their life in Hospital.
Oh, this is so heartbreaking :( I love my pets so much... I can't imagine being in this situation. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, @Ricci! I'm extending a tight, virtual hug for you.

Oh, this is so heartbreaking :( I love my pets so much... I can't imagine being in this situation. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, @Ricci! I'm extending a tight, virtual hug for you.
All's well that ends well! He's here bouncing around like a puppy (he's 10)! He can't see what all the fuss was about just wants to know where are the 3 dinners he missed!
The vet did say that there is a nationwide shortage of Serum at the moment and they expect to run out in the next week or so. maybe it'd be a good idea to put a warning in the newsletter as I'd hate anyone else having to go through what I went through last weekend. Out of the 8 dogs in hospital with Paralysis Tick bite only 6 came out. 🐶

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos
All's well that ends well! He's here bouncing around like a puppy (he's 10)! He can't see what all the fuss was about just wants to know where are the 3 dinners he missed!
The vet did say that there is a nationwide shortage of Serum at the moment and they expect to run out in the next week or so. maybe it'd be a good idea to put a warning in the newsletter as I'd hate anyone else having to go through what I went through last weekend. Out of the 8 dogs in hospital with Paralysis Tick bite only 6 came out. 🐶
We're glad to know most made it @Ricci! The two who passed are surely wagging their tails on the other side...

We'll be sure to include any updates on the serums if we come across them.

For anyone reading this, especially if you have pets, please spare time to read this article to know more about the shortage Ricci kindly raised.