How one man got revenge on this annoying plane passenger

Ah, plane journeys. For most people, being cooped up in a steel tube with hundreds of strangers for a few hours is hardly the most relaxing way to travel.

But for the occasional unlucky few, it's even more of a nightmare due to the fact that other passengers quite often ruin their flight with inconsiderate and downright rude behaviour.

After fighting for his personal space with a pesky plane passenger, real estate agent Eric Goldie was ready for revenge – and we’re pretty sure he got his point across.

In a now-viral TikTok video, Eric described what happened as 'the mile-high fight club'. The video has racked up almost 6 million views, with thousands of people agreeing with Goldie’s handling of the situation.

You can watch Eric’s video below:

In the video, Eric displayed how frustrated he was at a passenger who sat behind him. Then, he slapped away a person’s hand – twice – as they tried to open the shade on Eric’s side.

The real estate agent posted the clip in response to a comment on a previous video he uploaded, which detailed a list of annoying things people do on aeroplanes.

Many of Eric’s viewers praised the way he handled the situation.

‘I’m actually impressed with this. I probably would have just put up with it,’ one shared.

‘I’m crying so hard at the slap. Why do they do that? What’s the need? What exactly has to be achieved by staring into the burning sun?’ Someone wrote.

plane1.jpg
Eric seemed agitated during his flight. Credit: @ericgoldie/TikTok

‘Can’t they open their own window?’ One questioned, while another wondered who had that much ‘audacity’ to try opening the window shade on Eric’s side multiple times after being told ‘no’.

Another commented: ‘If you have to reach the person’s personal space behind or in front of you, it’s not your window.’

Some said they found Eric’s ‘hand-slap’ funny.

‘The hand slap is the vibe I’m going with for 2023,’ one declared.

‘The way you slapped the hand away, get ‘em!’ Said another.

While others shared how they would’ve dealt with the situation.

Someone said they carried a small blanket whenever they travelled by plane and would shove it in the space between the seat and the window. (Oh, I’m definitely doing this on my next flight!)

‘I’m not proud of this moment, but this has happened to me before. I had to sneeze and I let it rip all over her hand. It worked,’ added one.

plane2.jpg
There was a struggle over the window shade. Credit: @ericgoldie/TikTok

One woman shared her ‘pro-tip’: ‘Put some water on your hand/fingers and flick it onto whatever body part is intruding [into] your space and make a sneezing noise.’

Another woman said to ‘be awkward and stroke the hand’ next time, to which Eric replied that he should have ‘tried to hold it’.

‘I’d just hold her hand. I have hyperhidrosis and we’re both going to be miserable,’ someone said. Hyperhidrosis is a common condition in which someone sweats excessively. This either affects their whole body or only affects certain areas, such as the armpits or the palms of the hands.

In a follow-up video, Eric explained the situation in full and dispelled several rumours about the incident, including one where people claimed the hand he slapped away was a woman’s hand.

‘First of all, it was not a woman, it was a man’s hand. The comment I was responding to was talking about how they did this to someone else, who was a woman,’ he said.

He added that the window was next to his headrest. ‘They reached through the seat and put down my window shade,’ he emphasised.

He also addressed the theory that it was his own hand that he was slapping away.

‘How would I slap my own hand with my other hand filming a video?’ He said before adding that people should ‘do the math’.

‘That’s three hands,’ he explained.

This story comes after multiple plane passenger horror stories have surfaced across social media. One showed the extended leg of a woman sitting behind them, resting her dirty foot on the armrest between the seats and window side of the plane. You can read more details here.

In another story, one heavily intoxicated man allegedly urinated on another female passenger. A senior citizen no less, during a 12-hour flight.
Key Takeaways
  • A TikTok video of Eric Goldie slapping away a person’s hand when they attempted to open the window shade behind them has gone viral.
  • The video prompted a wide variety of reactions from many who agreed with Goldie’s reaction.
  • Goldie later clarified the situation and addressed rumours about the incident in a video.
What do you think of Eric’s way of handling the situation? Have you ever found yourself in a similar pickle? Tell us about it in the comments below!

Sponsored
Travelling premium economy to London from Australia in July. Paid a good bit extra for more comfortable seats etc. so hope we don’t encounter any of these mega-rude people! If we do, we’ll certainly be prepared. Now where is that old mousetrap….. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Defiant540