SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
How do YOU celebrate the holidays?

The festive season is fast approaching... And I'm curious - how do you celebrate the holidays?

Instead of buying gifts for every single family member, we save extra money by preparing a list of games every year and asking each member to only bring one cool gift that anyone would enjoy receiving. Then, we assign a random gift per game and whoever wins can claim it!

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 10.32.04 AM.png
Source: Unsplash

This setup always brings out our competitive side. And even though I (Sethia) rarely win in any of the games, I genuinely look forward to and enjoy these memorable moments with my loved ones. Maybe you could hold your own set of competitive Christmas games this year as a way to bond with your family and friends too!

Do you have a unique or fun Christmas tradition that you'd like to share with us? Comment it down below! We'd love to hear from you :)

For the 7 years after my wife left I have spent Christmas Day with my cattle going through the yards to log and treat any issues as I send them to another paddock.
then the last 2 years, usually camping and working at a race track I used to work at.
This year will again be different. Packing to move, getting ready for an operation, follow up treatment. That will take me to April at the least.
No visitors, the only presents will be to my cat and dog, I will buy a beer I think.
Lunch will be, if I can afford to get it, maybe a sausage and an Army egg - put a hole in the bread, put on the BBQ then crack the egg into the hole.
Maybe I would prefer to roast a chook, a roasted spud, pumpkin, roasted onion, garlic, etc. But that’s out of the budget.
I remember my Mum working over the hot combustion producing such good foods on a 35 degree day.
Are we not a bit silly using the English customs of a roasted something on Christmas Day when it’s bloody hot here?

• Love
Reactions: Sethia Soliman