How customers took advantage of a Liquorland bug to save 90% on a popular product!

We all know the feeling. You're browsing online, you see an item you like but the price is just a bit too high. You add it to your cart anyway, telling yourself you'll come back later. But then, you see the same item on sale - and you didn't even have to wait.

Online glitches like this can be a shopper's dream, providing the opportunity to snag items at slashed prices.

Speaking of pricing errors, Coles bargain hunters have been sent into a frenzy after Liquorland advertised packs of 24 600ml spring water bottles for just $1 instead of its original price of $9.

You read that right, folks! Apparently, several customers managed to reduce their bill by 88.8 per cent by nabbing the item during the glitch.

One man even placed an order for 100 cartons, which is equivalent to 2,400 bottles of water, after a customer enthusiastically posted the extreme discount to the popular Facebook group Markdown Addicts Australia.

oqrl6FhHDmZ0DBDT0dHFuPP6pUNtmtQPZ33HWuobG2pAEy6HfuLbWDNvqp4PkLjqzBOOtE2RaVbVEXdsNY6MmYph4hy5cuEWUVJlws_ElbX9nzxd2WfharTyaC4CRfq-XLSuiE71ziBH2DbXNoXFbg

One customer scored 100 cartons of bottled water during the glitch. Credit: Facebook.

A week later, a woman shared a picture of the eight water cartons that had been brought to her home.

She wrote: 'Thank you to the awesome bargain hunter who posted about the Liquorland water.'

'Thought I would save myself and got it home delivered.'

A second woman gleefully revealed to the group on Wednesday, pointing out that her delivery price of $11.95 was more expensive than the $10.95 amount of her order.

'Liquorland order arrived,' she posted along with a picture of her 10-carton delivery and a screenshot of her order.

One group member commented: 'Damn so you essentially get 240 bottles of free water and they're paying you $2.05 to drink them.'

Unfortunately, several customers were left unsatisfied after Liquorland abruptly cancelled their large orders, believing that the deal was too good to be true.

One person complained: 'I ordered this too and they cancelled, had a few friends in the same boat.'

'They cancelled mine and mine was only 15 cartons,' another added.

Kf_v1Oc7deOjrP4QWuaRjK20GRRlVDl5MtYbdeTjxWpJC9hSPe332TLx-Be39yORhkV5o2c1wvqUTnmu2efJ4-FdNjynh1wOuiGumiuyXLAFltMKtdZCbQYiUhbO_rzQvwTSj-McIkmJqmfzRyUnWA

Other fortunate customers also shared their discounted purchases online. Credit: Facebook.

The short-lived promotion, which was removed the same day it was advertised, was the result of a simple mix-up, according to a Coles spokesperson.

The spokesperson explained: 'The wrong image and description was displayed for individual Coles Spring Water single bottles on the Liquorland website for several hours last week. This meant a small number of customers were able to order 24 x bottle slabs of water for the price of a single bottle.'

'While some orders were fulfilled, most customers received a full refund of the purchase price. We apologise for any disappointment this has caused.'

This is not the first time a pricing error has helped customers nab items for a fraction of their original prices. We previously reported about the pricing error at Woolworths where customers got to score a big-ticket item costing $150 for $13.

So, there you have it, folks! What are your thoughts on this? Better yet, have you spotted an item that was 'unusually' marked down? Were you able to get your hands on it? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have a trick for saving 100%. If you go into your kitchen you will find a metal bucket type thing let into top of the kitchen cupboards. Above this is a metal spout thingy and if you turn the knobs on either side of it or lift the lever in it guess what - water comes out!! You didn't even need to open your wallet, flash your bank card or even sign up for a loan. Clever little gizmo isn't it!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have a trick for saving 100%. If you go into your kitchen you will find a metal bucket type thing let into top of the kitchen cupboards. Above this is a metal spout thingy and if you turn the knobs on either side of it or lift the lever in it guess what - water comes out!! You didn't even need to open your wallet, flash your bank card or even sign up for a loan. Clever little gizmo isn't it!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sounds great Ricci but have you noticed every 60 days (in WA anyway) if you go to that box thingie at the front gate where the postie puts bills in a water thingie comes that charges you for the water you use. Nothing for nothing in this world. (except the odd giggle)

Sounds great Ricci but have you noticed every 60 days (in WA anyway) if you go to that box thingie at the front gate where the postie puts bills in a water thingie comes that charges you for the water you use. Nothing for nothing in this world. (except the odd giggle)
I live in NSW and I don't get those things, I don't have one of those box things either!!:)

• Haha
Reactions: Rochelle and WADuck
We all know the feeling. You're browsing online, you see an item you like but the price is just a bit too high. You add it to your cart anyway, telling yourself you'll come back later. But then, you see the same item on sale - and you didn't even have to wait.

Online glitches like this can be a shopper's dream, providing the opportunity to snag items at slashed prices.

Speaking of pricing errors, Coles bargain hunters have been sent into a frenzy after Liquorland advertised packs of 24 600ml spring water bottles for just $1 instead of its original price of $9.

You read that right, folks! Apparently, several customers managed to reduce their bill by 88.8 per cent by nabbing the item during the glitch.

One man even placed an order for 100 cartons, which is equivalent to 2,400 bottles of water, after a customer enthusiastically posted the extreme discount to the popular Facebook group Markdown Addicts Australia.

oqrl6FhHDmZ0DBDT0dHFuPP6pUNtmtQPZ33HWuobG2pAEy6HfuLbWDNvqp4PkLjqzBOOtE2RaVbVEXdsNY6MmYph4hy5cuEWUVJlws_ElbX9nzxd2WfharTyaC4CRfq-XLSuiE71ziBH2DbXNoXFbg

One customer scored 100 cartons of bottled water during the glitch. Credit: Facebook.

A week later, a woman shared a picture of the eight water cartons that had been brought to her home.

She wrote: 'Thank you to the awesome bargain hunter who posted about the Liquorland water.'

'Thought I would save myself and got it home delivered.'

A second woman gleefully revealed to the group on Wednesday, pointing out that her delivery price of $11.95 was more expensive than the $10.95 amount of her order.

'Liquorland order arrived,' she posted along with a picture of her 10-carton delivery and a screenshot of her order.

One group member commented: 'Damn so you essentially get 240 bottles of free water and they're paying you $2.05 to drink them.'

Unfortunately, several customers were left unsatisfied after Liquorland abruptly cancelled their large orders, believing that the deal was too good to be true.

One person complained: 'I ordered this too and they cancelled, had a few friends in the same boat.'

'They cancelled mine and mine was only 15 cartons,' another added.

Kf_v1Oc7deOjrP4QWuaRjK20GRRlVDl5MtYbdeTjxWpJC9hSPe332TLx-Be39yORhkV5o2c1wvqUTnmu2efJ4-FdNjynh1wOuiGumiuyXLAFltMKtdZCbQYiUhbO_rzQvwTSj-McIkmJqmfzRyUnWA

Other fortunate customers also shared their discounted purchases online. Credit: Facebook.

The short-lived promotion, which was removed the same day it was advertised, was the result of a simple mix-up, according to a Coles spokesperson.

The spokesperson explained: 'The wrong image and description was displayed for individual Coles Spring Water single bottles on the Liquorland website for several hours last week. This meant a small number of customers were able to order 24 x bottle slabs of water for the price of a single bottle.'

'While some orders were fulfilled, most customers received a full refund of the purchase price. We apologise for any disappointment this has caused.'

This is not the first time a pricing error has helped customers nab items for a fraction of their original prices. We previously reported about the pricing error at Woolworths where customers got to score a big-ticket item costing $150 for $13.

So, there you have it, folks! What are your thoughts on this? Better yet, have you spotted an item that was 'unusually' marked down? Were you able to get your hands on it? Share your stories with us in the comments below!
tap water is cheaper and by law has to be potable.

Oh YES. The much deserved sarcasm worked for me.

Reactions: Rochelle and Ricci
🤣🤣🤣 thank you for making me laugh

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
That was a bargain but to be honest I would feel like I was taking advantage of them. It was clear it was a mistake. I know some will say well it's their own fault ..that's the price they advertised but what's that old saying ??? Ahhhh yeh ' honesty is the best policy'

Reactions: Ricci