gkabbara

Nov 21, 2023
How can you tell is an email you have used in an social media site or application has been compromised

This is a handy website that you can use to check if the email online has been compromised along with the password you have used.

just type your email in the this URL below (when you see the letters https before the URL = Unform Resource Locater.( just another Tech name for Web site) then the site is relatively safe.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Once you click on the link you will be asked to type in your email. Type your email and press the Button says pwned?

if you see this below where is says Oh no --- pwned! Do not Worry or panic.. just like the thread or reply.
pwnd.png

lets say you see that your email was compromised (or breached on the site gatehub) See image below.
In my case i had an accoutn with gatehub and used a password to access the site. The site was compromised (credentials stolen by hackers) in October 2019.
This means if I have not changed my password after this date it would be wise to do so. (assuming I am still using gatehub)

Brerached.png

I'll post a reply on what you should do, maybe Ill show you a quick video, if I get enough likes and replies let me know. A quick video would be self explantory. (you can check youtube for some tips about this site )

stay safe

Hope its been a wonderful transition from 2023 to 2024. Happy New Year to you all.
If you have an questions regarding my above post please do not hestitate to get in touch.

I am available for any help that you may require.

Stay Safe , Be extremely vigilant when checking your emails / sms.

Think B4 U Click.

best regards
Ghassan

Ensuring the security of our online accounts is a top priority nowadays. With so many accounts and passwords to manage, it can be challenging to keep track of everything. The website you mentioned is indeed a handy tool to check if our email addresses have been compromised in any data breaches. It's a proactive step towards safeguarding our online presence.
Another useful resource worth mentioning is https://mailtester.ninja, which can help verify email legitimacy, ensuring that we're interacting with trusted sources.
In today's digital age, it's crucial to stay vigilant and proactive in protecting our online identities. These tools are fantastic aids in that mission.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davmes
Thank you. My FaceBook account was apparently hacked, they helped me fix that. But the site you gave seems to have worked, all of our email address have now been checked. Peter Millar (PeteM80)

Reactions: Davmes and gkabbara
Thank you. My FaceBook account was apparently hacked, they helped me fix that. But the site you gave seems to have worked, all of our email address have now been checked. Peter Millar (PeteM80)
Hey Pete
Just make sure you enable MFA / Two Factor Authentication on your facebook to avoid it being hacked in future. password these days is not enough. under setting there is a tab for Privacy Check up. go thru it and see how you can keep your account secure
regards
guss

Yes please, a video about this would be very useful
Hey Jacquie
check this link

if however you need a further more elaborate demo i would be happy do an online one on one with you or if anyore people on SDC would like to have a live demo i can schedule one. I will do a post on this thread to see how many potential candidates would be interested.

If however you have any questions on the above youtube let me know?
regards
Guss
Have a great day

Attachments

• 042204_fg1.jpg
    042204_fg1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Gryphen
known of this for years and check it every now and then - keep getting a great answer - that i haven't got trouble and am safe so - so far so good.

Hey Jacquie
check this link

if however you need a further more elaborate demo i would be happy do an online one on one with you or if anyore people on SDC would like to have a live demo i can schedule one. I will do a post on this thread to see how many potential candidates would be interested.

If however you have any questions on the above youtube let me know?
regards
Guss
Have a great day

Thanks, that was very useful.