Gladbag

Jul 7, 2022
Hospital and Extras Cover

Hi my name is Glenys
I have just joined. I am 63 and was wondering what other seniors think is it worth while getting Hospital and extras cover as I was told by a Ambulance Driver that its not worth getting Hospital as if your sick you will be taken to Hospital and looked after anyway. What do other people think

Reactions: Mower and paulamc52
Hi my name is Glenys
I have just joined. I am 63 and was wondering what other seniors think is it worth while getting Hospital and extras cover as I was told by a Ambulance Driver that its not worth getting Hospital as if your sick you will be taken to Hospital and looked after anyway. What do other people think
Hello, @Gladbag ! WELCOOOOOME ❤️ Thanks for joining. We're glad (no pun intended) to have you on here!

I'm hoping that the seniors can see this so they can share their thoughts with you!

Hi my name is Glenys

Hi Glenys,Re Hospital Cover.The Ambulance Drivers right, but if your not sick and need an operation I personally think you need it,because waiting lists are very long in Victoria. I have cover because I'm aType 1 Diabetic and have Heart problems. Regards Paula.

Hi my name is Glenys
We are just on the government health card and my wife has heen in hospital for back operations and I have been in and out of hospital a lot with kidney stones ( over the last 10 years I have had more then 200 stones blasted ) for the cost of nothing and been very with the treatment we have had . So don't waste money but then that depends on your health . My wife is going in hospital within the next 6 months to get a knee replacement

We are just on the government health card and my wife has heen in hospital for back operations and I have been in and out of hospital a lot with kidney stones ( over the last 10 years I have had more then 200 stones blasted ) for the cost of nothing and been very with the treatment we have had . So don't waste money but then that depends on your health . My wife is going in hospital within the next 6 months to get a knee replacement

Hi Can I ask what State you live in? Because here in Victoria waiting lists are very long.I have private health Because I have a few medical problems. Regards Paula.

Hi I live at Nambucca heads nsw on the mid north coast , the waiting list in the hospitals up here is no were near like in the big city's. The same operation here on the waiting list say for a knee replacement is only from 6 to 12 months being a public patient, were in Sydney you would be looking at the earliest 2 + years that is one of the benefits of living in the country or up on the coast , hope you have a great day

Reactions: paulamc52