Homemade cheese crackers melts in your mouth

1½ cups (6 oz) grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces

¾ cup (90 g) flour, plus more for dusting

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon milk

1. Preheat oven to 350˚.

2. Put everything except the milk in a food processor. Pulse the processor, 5 seconds at a time, for about 5 or 6 times, until the dough is in coarse crumbs.

3. Add the milk and process until the dough gathers together in a ball.

4. Roll the dough out on a floured board with a rolling pin that has been floured until it is about 1/8 inch thick.

5. Cut the dough into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. You can put a bit of flour on the blade of the knife to keep it from sticking.Use the flat end of a wooden skewer to poke a hole in the center of each cracker.

6. Place the crackers at least ¼ inch apart on parchment paper on a baking sheet.

7. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown. (Mine took 13 minutes.)

8. Put the baking sheet on a rack and let the crackers cool completely.

9. Eat! Or store in a covered container to eat within a day or two.

Attachments

• Melt-in-your-mouth Homemade Cheese Crackers!.jpeg
    Melt-in-your-mouth Homemade Cheese Crackers!.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Littleboy8
Sponsored
1½ cups (6 oz) grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces

¾ cup (90 g) flour, plus more for dusting

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon milk

1. Preheat oven to 350˚.

2. Put everything except the milk in a food processor. Pulse the processor, 5 seconds at a time, for about 5 or 6 times, until the dough is in coarse crumbs.

3. Add the milk and process until the dough gathers together in a ball.

4. Roll the dough out on a floured board with a rolling pin that has been floured until it is about 1/8 inch thick.

5. Cut the dough into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. You can put a bit of flour on the blade of the knife to keep it from sticking.Use the flat end of a wooden skewer to poke a hole in the center of each cracker.

6. Place the crackers at least ¼ inch apart on parchment paper on a baking sheet.

7. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown. (Mine took 13 minutes.)

8. Put the baking sheet on a rack and let the crackers cool completely.

9. Eat! Or store in a covered container to eat within a day or two.
They sound nice and easy and tasty 😋 yum next bake for me. Better than buying crackers.😋

Reactions: Babybird

Cheese Crackers

(Adapted from a recipe on smittenkitchen.com, which was credited to a recipe in The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook)

But why just the recipe page and not other posts she really is a fluff brain just look at her logo it’s airy fairy.🙀shes jealous cos she’s got hardly any likes about 600 and you’ve got thousands.
I don't understand I've seen photographs posted that's others, jokes are others . She tried saying she is a manager or something for chefs and said if I ever posted a recipe by one of her chefs then God help me. I asked who her chefs were but wouldn't say.
So Petra dear friend I know you are also reading this AGAIN LET US KNOW WHO YOUR CHEFS ARE 👨‍🍳

I’d love it🙀guess what I did put a cake in the oven 1 hour ago bell just dinged and I forgot to plug the oven in🤣too preoccupied on here🤣i never make cakes but you started me off with the easy muffin recipe. Thanks for the inspiration it’s my 4th cake so far.🌹
You just made my day , not plugging your oven in 🤣🤣I thought I only did that. I added a gingerbread cake recipe which is so delicious 😋 you know you can freeze the muffins and cakes

I’d love it🙀guess what I did put a cake in the oven 1 hour ago bell just dinged and I forgot to plug the oven in🤣too preoccupied on here🤣i never make cakes but you started me off with the easy muffin recipe. Thanks for the inspiration it’s my 4th cake so far.🌹

Ha ha glad I’m not the only bubblehead.no room in my freezer to freeze don’t worry lucky if it’ll last a week with me. Oooh😋gingerbread I love next shop I’ll get spice for it.did you know there’s about 100 restaurants in Warrnambool I think I’ll just ask her on the conversations.ill be back😁
Good luck with her answering you

And now she’s picking on B.B. cos she’s been really sick and is vulnerable. She’s really is a nasty bitch.boo hiss to her.cow.👹
Ha I was involved in an accident my leg is infected been over month if this woman wants to pick on me, I don't even know her I guess she has to pick on someone. I don't put up with this behaviour I ignored her. Best thing, I have other things to deal with. Car written off, I was just insured 3rd party I have no way getting back without car, am stuck where the accident happened I was paying 100 a night, before a women's refuge put me up for 6 weeks so I can sort few things out so she better not try me at the moment.
I was fighting for my life was in hospital 11 to 27 October. Who is she anyway that everyone is a little hesitant to challenge. To tell you the truth when she tried that on me I was going to say a big capital so, but thought I have better things to do. If it was not a miracle I would not survived. So I don't need this nonsense at the moment

Exactly don’t worry I’m onto her my friends friends might know of her they live in Warrnambool I’ll ask her tomorrow. Petra said she owns a restaurant in Warrnambool.In the meantime stay well and focus on your recovery. Thinking of you😍
Thank you, if she is making every one uncomfortable why is she allowed on this forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seniors Discount Club

The SDC searches for the best deals, discounts, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.
  1. New members
  2. Jokes & fun
  3. Photography
  4. Nostalgia / Yesterday's Australia
  5. Food and Lifestyle
  6. Money Saving Hacks
  7. Offtopic / Everything else
  • We believe that retirement should be a time to relax and enjoy life, not worry about money. That's why we're here to help our members make the most of their retirement years. If you're over 60 and looking for ways to save money, connect with others, and have a laugh, we’d love to have you aboard.
  • Advertise with us

User Menu

Enjoyed Reading our Story?

• Share this forum to your loved ones.
Change Weather Postcode×
Change Petrol Postcode×