Home Made Greek Pitta Bread

I made chicken souvlaki today and my family love eating Pitta bread dipped in tzatziki while eating chicken souvlaki.
When I went to buy a packet of Pitta they were out , so I went home and made some , they were easy and so delicious I THOUGHT I had to share the recipe although I have made it100s of times

Screenshot_20231125_190845_Gallery.jpg

Ingredients​

• 2 ⅓ cups bread flour
  • 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt full fat
  • ⅔ cup milk lukewarm
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon bi carb soda
  • 1 teaspooon baking powder
Screenshot_20231125_190825_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231125_190838_Gallery.jpg
  • Instructions​

1. In a mixing bowl whisk together all of the ingredients except of flour.
    2. Start incorporating the flour into the mixture while mixing the dough with your hands.
    Depending on the strength of the flour you're using you may need to add a bit less or a bit more. Knead the dough for a minute or two until it feels very soft but without leaving fragments on your hands.
    Shape dough into a ball, cover with a tea towel and rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
    3. With a knife divide the dough into 6 pieces.
    Shape each piece into a ball.
    Lightly flour your working surface, take the first dough ball and roll on all sides (flip it once) until you have a 19 cm round flatbread.
    4. Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Dip some paper towel into a bit of olive oiland lightly grease the bottom of the pan.
    Add the first flatbread and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side (don't let the pan get smoky hot remove from heat to cool if so). Flip the flatbread using a flat spatula.

• You can add flatbreads on top of each other creating a pile until you're finished making them. This way they won't air dry and stay more "elastic" if you're planning to use them as wraps

Sponsored
I've got all the ingredients except for the yogurt. I tend to rest the dough overnight but I'm not sure if that is a good thing. And how would it go on a gas stove? Look absolutely beautiful anyway.... I can almost taste it through the screen! 😝
If you are resting it overnight it has to go in the fridge.

Yoghurt is an important ingredient.

Gas is just as good as electric

I've posted recently a recipe for nann bread which is similar to this and really delicious. That one I make when I cook butter chicken
The nann bread is by recipe tineats

If you are resting it overnight it has to go in the fridge.

Yoghurt is an important ingredient.

Gas is just as good as electric

I've posted recently a recipe for nann bread which is similar to this and really delicious. That one I make when I cook butter chicken
The nann bread is by recipe tineats
Dough into the fridge always. Same as overnight marinades. 👍

I'm going back to bed. I left the television on last night only to be woken by the closing credits of a Brazilian movie with Cake's cover of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" playing. So I thought in typical Veg fashion, that I would check out the greatest cover versions of all time. Well that was a mistake! Two hours later, I was watching the arse end of Million Dollar Minute then the 5 am news then on SDC. Someone give me a good slapping!

I'm going back to bed. I left the television on last night only to be woken by the closing credits of a Brazilian movie with Cake's cover of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" playing. So I thought in typical Veg fashion, that I would check out the greatest cover versions of all time. Well that was a mistake! Two hours later, I was watching the arse end of Million Dollar Minute then the 5 am news then on SDC. Someone give me a good slapping!
Gangster slap coming up🖐🖐🖐😎that movie was really rude.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch