Home and Away star sheds 12kg in months for a heartwarming reason

Losing weight can be daunting, and different people have various reasons why they want to shed some kilos. For some, it's about fitting into that special outfit or achieving their dream body shape.

For others, it's about staying healthy and reducing their risk of chronic diseases.

But for James Stewart, the actor best known for his role in the popular Australian soap opera Home and Away, his reason for embarking on a dramatic 12kg weight loss journey was incredibly touching.

James Stewart's motivation behind his lifestyle change was his 10-year-old daughter, Scout. Like most young children, Scout is naturally active, and Stewart realised that he needed to improve his fitness level to keep up with her.

He struggled to match Scout's energy levels during their activities, which led to guilt and frustration.

However, his frustration didn't discourage him. If anything, it fueled his motivation to transform his body and improve his fitness levels.

He embarked on a challenging exercise and diet plan, and with unwavering dedication, Stewart shed an impressive 12kg in just a few months!

On Monday, the 47-year-old star opened up about his journey with beautiful Instagram photos, revealing his fitness progress two years after his then-100kg frame.

The before and after shots were worlds apart, with the 'before' photo showing him wearing a loose white T-shirt, hiding his figure.

Members, his 'after' photos show James beaming with pride as he flexed his abs following a training session.

photo-22.jpg
Before and after photos of James Stewart, who recently shared that he lost 12 kgs after embarking on his fitness journey. Credit: Instagram/James Stewart.

The actor, who plays Justin Morgan in the Channel Seven soap, shared his story alongside his photos, encouraging others to aim to be physically and mentally fit.

'I was 100kg.. now I'm 88kg. I was sluggish… wore baggy shirts and didn't feel great,' he wrote in his caption.

'The thing that got to me the most is I couldn't keep up with my kid… Now she has trouble keeping up with me! Haha!'

James also shared some advice for anyone who is trying to 'get in shape', writing: 'To all of you trying to get in shape I'm not going to sugar coat it… instead of beers and burgers, grab a protein shake and a salad… then just put your trainers on and train!'

He added: 'I feel good about myself. A better man, a better husband, a better father.'

The star has received a wave of appreciation from friends, fans and fellow stars, including Home and Away co-star Georgie Parker, who commented: 'Man, that's such a great accomplishment. You look healthy and HAPPY.'

One fan said: 'Awww such a lovely, honest and inspiring post. Well done on putting in the hard work and for sharing your journey…’

'I'm sure this will encourage many to give it a go. Good on you.'

Journalist Steve Pennells also praised Stewart, writing: 'Great work, mate. Looking good.’

Key Takeaways
  • Home and Away star James Stewart has revealed his incredible 12kg weight loss transformation.
  • Stewart shared his weight loss journey on Instagram, explaining that he wanted to keep up with his 10-year-old daughter, Scout.
  • The actor shared advice for others trying to get in shape, emphasising the importance of a healthy diet and consistent training.
  • Friends and fans praised Stewart for his hard work, dedication, and inspiring post.

There you have it, folks! We're so impressed with James Stewart’s dedication towards improving his health and how he took the time to share his story with his fans.

It just goes to show it's never too late to make positive changes in our lives. In fact, Today host Karl Stefanovic also previously shared his weight loss journey. You can read more about it here.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you inspired to embark on a fitness journey as well? If so, we encourage you to talk to your GP or a qualified nutritionist or personal trainer first to see what the best plan of attack is for you.

Sponsored
i went to light and easy back in the 90's i was working at the time was 116 kgs and went to 78 kgs and now i'm 93 kgs but now i am 68 years old margie (y) :)

Reactions: Jersey Girl
Looks like he is flexing more than just his abs in that picture. He always has been a good looking, likeable man.