Home and Away star Lynne McGranger reveals drug-related past in her new book

One of Home and Away’s most loved stars has opened up about past drug use.

Following the steps of television personality Lisa Wilkinson, Australian actress Lynne McGranger also penned her own autobiography, one that’s filled with unheard confessions of her life behind the scenes.

k9ci6rq9ysfcUqO0nXn4bO6pZdBgBgV6TXNUouqac8FE6mcRvVynPnxM_EBE-IUkh4h2xEbRS95ebGC3br7NdG2oFgrMaCGQJg6z7ycJEkpYFyfmiIC5gBdq4OGiam50MladIeHA

Lynne McGranger is the longest-serving female cast member of the television soap opera Home and Away. Photo from Channel 5 via Digital Spy.
In her upcoming book Acting Up: Me, Myself & Irene, Lynne shares some ‘controversial’ secrets the readers could expect from the memoir.

The 68-year-old actress uncovered her past of frequent marijuana use, even admitting that she used to grow the plant in her own backyard.

"It will be totally scandalous and it was not a bit [of marijuana]. I smoked a lot of dope," she confessed.

"I just loved it. I would smoke joints."

The star also revealed that she used to act in theatre productions while being under the influence.

"I have done theatre stuff stoned, but not Home and Away. I didn't drink you see, so that was my wine."

McGranger stopped smoking cigarettes and marijuana in 2005 after the death of her father, Bruce, due to oesophageal and skin cancer.

Decades before she joined the cast of Home and Away back in 1993, Lynne also spoke about the eating disorder she experienced while growing up.

"I now know that it was a form of bulimia, but there was no name for it back then," she said in her book.

Back in August, Lynne posted a video on her Instagram page telling fans to look forward to her book Acting Up being released in November 2021.

“Warm, wise, and witty!” described Australian author Wendy Harmer.

"With humour, honesty and self-deprecating charm, one of Australia's best-known TV actresses lifts the lid on life - both on-screen and off,” said publisher Allen & Unwin.

For confidential support about eating disorders and body image issues, you can call the Butterfly Foundation National Hotline free of charge on 1800 33 4673.

Sponsored