Here’s how you can remove the scratches from your car with only TWO common household items!

Don’t deny it – every driver has had a tiny ‘oopsie’ moment that involves accidentally bumping their car into something (hopefully not someone). But it’s just a part of the growing pains of learning how to maneuver a vehicle better.

If you’ve accumulated quite the array of scratches on your vehicle throughout the years, you’ll be surprised to know that there’s an easy, temporary fix to them.

One woman stumbled across a simple trick to get rid of the scuff marks on cars using only two common household items.

Sydney Hess gave the hack a shot on TikTok, scrubbing a DIY solution that consists of vinegar and coconut oil over the scratches on her car’s clear coat.

'I saw a video on TikTok saying that if you mix white vinegar with coconut oil, you can take scratches out of your car. And well, my best friend hit me when she wasn't paying attention but I have plenty of scratches on my car to try this on,' she can be heard saying in the clip.

She was sceptical at first, but after a few seconds of scrubbing, the scratches vanished before her eyes like magic.

XqRaOYsTjvv8CK2Eh5AuTMEFcV8JQl7nvrfhEw6HJMS3EYYYPHLGnP-84A1bnpC0lmEs8sAzDY5OLYiU36jEq11I2o_tnt6GL6aFdBzbz-1s7EMuwDpZ6lynj2V9wD2PGAgoLrM_jmVkFgcdYkFi7dk

An easy, temporary fix for shallow marks on your car! Source: Which? Magazine

‘I didn't think it was actually going to do anything,’ she admitted, ‘It actually works!'

Sydney took things up a notch and tried cleaning the area with rubbing alcohol to test if the scuffs and scratches would reappear. But she was shocked to find out that they didn't.

Her TikTok video clocked 10.2 million views and amassed more than 865,800 comments from viewers who were blown away by the tip.

However, others pointed out that it was not a permanent solution as rain or sunlight would inevitably make the marks visible again.

aGqsPr7wRC3Yq7uIaDdTa_s09n7RiusX025OKIdeJ4T6sYRMdpEd_MVRdgiePoL63FWml4ywHNZISw1O_JNWGdwVtgtah-Z_8fGROneUQPaLPskjG76HccLW9a3UiHB-uzXpJuCTkOMsLZrWuGpK4FU
YnSdbF2qvFdH7sQwPEO0DxkWjdRdK3riTEL0R6S1ebXPkq079oyM6XVP4DHTsk9guNG4EL1VRricNTMQvZNRdY00u1QJ1vjne6MnWaLyoDKOPxTaUe_OYi2So6WrEspUzVpAjiFmV1eQVovY1WjZ7qw

She used a combination of white vinegar and coconut oil. Source: @derp.central

'It's like putting lotion on dry skin,' one person teased, while another said: 'If it survives direct sunlight I'd call it a win.’

'Auto painter here. This mixture isn't removing the scratches. It's just filling them with oil. The ones that aren’t deep look like they vanished… Until the rain comes.' a third explained.

'It's only because it's hitting a cold surface and solidifying. Wait until it gets hot, it will melt.’ commented a fourth.

'When it dries it will still be there. The clear coat needs to be buffed and polished to get small, shallow scratches out,' another shared.

'If you got someone else's paint on your car, nail polish remover works the exact same for removing paint and scratches!' one more revealed.

Other users offered their own quick-fix solutions to tackling scuffs on a car's clear coat including using baking soda and whitening toothpaste.

But Ceramic Pro warned that it’s best to steer clear of using any type of toothpaste to buff out your car’s scratches.

‘Toothpaste sands down any unevenness in the surface of your car’s clear coating and fills in tiny gaps. But, when it comes to hardness, the enamel of teeth is rather soft,’ its website read.

‘The polishing compound in toothpaste is effective on soft surfaces. The clear coats on cars are much harder, and thus, using toothpaste is not as effective.’

What are some of the tried-and-tested tips you know of that effectively remove scratches on cars? Share them with us in the comments!

Watch Syndey’s full TikTok video below:

Disclaimer: This video contains the use of strong language. If this makes you uncomfortable, we highly recommend you mute the audio or skip watching the video entirely.

Source: @derp.central

Sponsored