Scribbles

Oct 28, 2021
Hello

Hubby and I have been receiving the Seniors email for months and enjoy it. We live in north Queensland at a small beach where it's quiet and about the loudest thing you hear is someone moaning their lawn!

Hubby and I have been receiving the Seniors email for months and enjoy it. We live in north Queensland at a small beach where it's quiet and about the loudest thing you hear is someone moaning their lawn!
Welcome, @Scribbles! That sounds like a blissful retirement. Do you and your husband have any kids and grandkids?

Welcome, @Scribbles! That sounds like a blissful retirement. Do you and your husband have any kids and grandkids?
We have one daughter who is 40 and 2 beautiful Grandchildren. Liam is having his very last day of school tomorrow and will "retire" from School. He has Aspergers yet he got a couple ofl As and several Bs. So proud of our Grandson who is the most gentle, loving young man. He already has a part time job lined up with a place that love him to bits. Our Granddaughter Baylee is a year younger, works part time at Maccas, is a straight A student and beautiful and as outgoing as our Liam is quiet. But of course we thing our Grandkids are beautiful. Sadly we live at one end of Queensland and they live at the other. We'd have to drive 2 hours to the airport an then fly 2 hours to see them. Too far away!

We have one daughter who is 40 and 2 beautiful Grandchildren. Liam is having his very last day of school tomorrow and will "retire" from School. He has Aspergers yet he got a couple ofl As and several Bs. So proud of our Grandson who is the most gentle, loving young man. He already has a part time job lined up with a place that love him to bits. Our Granddaughter Baylee is a year younger, works part time at Maccas, is a straight A student and beautiful and as outgoing as our Liam is quiet. But of course we thing our Grandkids are beautiful. Sadly we live at one end of Queensland and they live at the other. We'd have to drive 2 hours to the airport an then fly 2 hours to see them. Too far away!
Aww they sound absolutely lovely. Grandchildren are truly the greatest blessings. It’s a shame you aren’t able to see them more often. What do you and hubby usually do to keep yourselves occupied then?

Aww they sound absolutely lovely. Grandchildren are truly the greatest blessings. It’s a shame you aren’t able to see them more often. What do you and hubby usually do to keep yourselves occupied then?
My Hubby is Mr Handy Man. He fixes just about anything from the toaster to the wheel coming off the vacuum cleaner. He can make simple furniture, and when he retired he got an old ride on mower from the Dump and did it up ..... we now have 3 ride on mowers! They won't win any awards for looks but they do the job. He sometimes goes fishing with his brother who also lives down here at the beach. He's also good at hanging out clothes, wiping up, vacuuming, peeling potatoes and things like that. We have an agreement. He helps with the housework in the mornings and I pay the bills, do all the computer stuff, Centrelink, paperwork of all sorts, ring Telstra if the phone isn't working, deal with the Bank, Insurance and all those fun things! I do some craft in the afternoons, read, do all those things I just mentioned that are my "job" area. We used to walk often but Hubby gets aches and pains and I have a bit of a sore back. We love to potter around and are home bodies mostly. We used to love going to the movies, but on November 1st it all close in our little town. We have about 4 banana trees, grow some sweet potatoes and pumpkins, paw paws, have an orange tree as well. We cut out our mango tree as it was too big and too messy. What about you?

My Hubby is Mr Handy Man. He fixes just about anything from the toaster to the wheel coming off the vacuum cleaner. He can make simple furniture, and when he retired he got an old ride on mower from the Dump and did it up ..... we now have 3 ride on mowers! They won't win any awards for looks but they do the job. He sometimes goes fishing with his brother who also lives down here at the beach. He's also good at hanging out clothes, wiping up, vacuuming, peeling potatoes and things like that. We have an agreement. He helps with the housework in the mornings and I pay the bills, do all the computer stuff, Centrelink, paperwork of all sorts, ring Telstra if the phone isn't working, deal with the Bank, Insurance and all those fun things! I do some craft in the afternoons, read, do all those things I just mentioned that are my "job" area. We used to walk often but Hubby gets aches and pains and I have a bit of a sore back. We love to potter around and are home bodies mostly. We used to love going to the movies, but on November 1st it all close in our little town. We have about 4 banana trees, grow some sweet potatoes and pumpkins, paw paws, have an orange tree as well. We cut out our mango tree as it was too big and too messy. What about you?
I have to say I'm super jealous. You guys seem to have created the perfect balance. I am unfortunately not lucky enough to have retired yet, but hope to do so in the next 10 years.

It's a shame you had to cut down the mango tree. They're my favourite fruit. You should try growing an avocado tree if you like avocados. They're not too difficult to grow.

You're lucky to have such a handy husband also! I'm still in search of mine 😂