FionaB23

Jun 8, 2023
Hearing Aid - can I help a neighbour get hearing aids?

Hi I live in a small block of seniors government housing units 4/55, and my neighbour upstairs is extremely deaf. They are Asian they speak very little English, and the gentleman is practically stone deaf and so the whole complex needs to hear his wife talking extremely loudly to him in Chinese.

Yes, it's a little bit annoying, but more to the point, I would like to help him get the hearing aids that I believe it would make his life much more bearable. It would improve her life, and its certainly would improve the life of the over 55s in this complex.

How would I go about helping the couple living above me with their hearing aid solutions?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jarred Santos
Hearing Aid - can I help a neighbour get hearing aids?

Hi I live in a small block of seniors government housing units 4/55, and my neighbour upstairs is extremely deaf. They are Asian they speak very little English, and the gentleman is practically stone deaf and so the whole complex needs to hear his wife talking extremely loudly to him in Chinese.

Yes, it's a little bit annoying, but more to the point, I would like to help him get the hearing aids that I believe it would make his life much more bearable. It would improve her life, and its certainly would improve the life of the over 55s in this complex.

How would I go about helping the couple living above me with their hearing aid solutions?
How kind of you @FionaB23! Have you ever tried to talk to one of them before?

How kind of you @FionaB23! Have you ever tried to talk to one of them before?
Yes Jarred when I first moved in the wife walked around upstairs in hard wooden Chinese shoes and I went and told her in a combination of signs and pigeon English that I could hear every step and the 'tick tock ' of her shoes was very loud downstairs in my unit.
She got the gist and her husband just stood vacantly beside her as he literally couldn't hear a word I said.

I've heard visitors knock, bang and yell for 15-20 mins just to get them to k open the door!

residents in the units in the opposite block can hear her talking at full volume non-stop in Chinese either on the phone or to get husband but... It's getting unbearable... They are across the quadrangle and a whole floor away and they can't stand it - I'm at my wit's end I have to shut all my doors and windows and i can still hear her 😭😭
Surely he qualifies for a free hearing test and the fitting of hearing aids? Can't someone in Seniors find a Chinese representative of a hearing aid company and help the poor couple and thereby give me and the other tenants a much needed bit of peace and quiet???
They'd be a prime candidate for the "test out fantastic hearing aids for free campaign and give back sound to the poor old man and prevent me from going berserk???

• Wow
Yes Jarred when I first moved in the wife walked around upstairs in hard wooden Chinese shoes and I went and told her in a combination of signs and pigeon English that I could hear every step and the 'tick tock ' of her shoes was very loud downstairs in my unit.
She got the gist and her husband just stood vacantly beside her as he literally couldn't hear a word I said.

I've heard visitors knock, bang and yell for 15-20 mins just to get them to k open the door!

residents in the units in the opposite block can hear her talking at full volume non-stop in Chinese either on the phone or to get husband but... It's getting unbearable... They are across the quadrangle and a whole floor away and they can't stand it - I'm at my wit's end I have to shut all my doors and windows and i can still hear her 😭😭
Surely he qualifies for a free hearing test and the fitting of hearing aids? Can't someone in Seniors find a Chinese representative of a hearing aid company and help the poor couple and thereby give me and the other tenants a much needed bit of peace and quiet???
They'd be a prime candidate for the "test out fantastic hearing aids for free campaign and give back sound to the poor old man and prevent me from going berserk???
It's been three long noisy years

• Wow