SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Have you started anything new lately?

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing well and staying safe. I just want to hop on here and give a quick life update. Lately, I've been feeling a bit stagnant in my day-to-day routine and realised that I needed to shake things up and try something new. So, I decided to take up a couple of new hobbies - playing badminton and flying a drone.

In high school, I used to play badminton regularly and loved every minute of it. However, as I got older, my schedule became increasingly busy, and I found myself with less and less time to devote to playing.

Recently though, I've realised how much I missed playing badminton and have made the decision to start playing again. It's been such a joy to get back into the sport. Plus, it's a great way to spend time with friends and family. The truth is, it's easy to let the demands of everyday life take over, but finding the time to pursue the things we love is so important.

On the other hand, flying a drone has been a completely new and exciting experience for me. I never realised how intricate and detailed the process of flying a drone could be, but it's been fascinating to learn. Not only is it a fun activity to do outdoors, but it's also given me a new perspective on photography and videography.

So, if any of you are feeling stuck in a rut, I highly recommend trying something new! And if you've started anything new lately, or need some ideas, feel free to let us know in the comments below. I'd love to hear about your experiences and maybe even get inspired to try something new myself. I hope this post inspires you to pursue the things you love!

Let's make 2023 a year of trying new things and exploring new passions!

drone.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricci
I have been doing Yoga for years and meditation not as frequently, which I should do daily I know - but what I found really invigorating recently is Kinrgy by Julianne Hough... you may remember that she won America's got talent or the dancing show, not sure which one. She has come out with a routine that encompasses dance, yoga, breath work, pilates and tai chi and works with all the elements to make you feel like a million dollars ! Give it a try ! start slowly , because it is quite intense, but start with 5 minutes and build on it

• Love
Reactions: Vella Gonzaga
My darling husband bought me a Cricut for Christmas so I have been busy learning how to use it. Very daunting at first but well worth taking the time to learn. I have made stencils for etching glass, prints for t-shirts, cut out cards and now I am making pop up cards. The list is endless.
Learning something new keeps the brain in good working order as does doing the SDC puzzles.

• Love
Reactions: Vella Gonzaga
In February I started walking again, at first just to the letterbox and back, every morning between 6 and 7am I found a way to walk just a little bit further. I managed to walk the 100 metres or so outside our units in the 2nd week, started seeing other walkers, mostly people walking their dogs, a few walking alone. I continued and gradually managed a complete lap around the block, 973metres with a hill in the middle. At the end of February I had managed 2 laps so 1.9km each morning. Now I am doing 3 laps daily and are close to 3km a day. I am seeing the sunrise each day, feeling the breeze on my face. In 2020 I retired from ill health and now it seems I am slowly getting mobile again, it's been a long path, issues with knees and eyes, still working to get the eyes better, seems the knees might be improving. I am doing the best my body allows each day.

After a horrific accident in New Zealand almost four years ago…when I came off my bike and shattered my right humerus (and no it was not funny) I am back on my bike and have ridden 75 kilometers so far this week.
It’s not something new, but I am back on the bike and for me that is all that matters!!