DannyKaye

Nov 3, 2023
Granddad Joke of the day

A man flying in a hot air balloon realises he is lost.

Reducing altitude, he spotted a man on the ground and defended to shouting range. “Excuse me” he shouted. “Can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am’. The man man below responded: “Yes. You are in a hot air balloon, hovering approximately 30 metres above this field, you are between 40 and 42 degrees North Latitude and between 58 and 60 degrees West Longitude”. “You must be an engineer” replied the balloonist. “I am”. The man replied. “How did you know?” “Well,, everything you have told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information and the fact is I am still lost”.

The man on the ground responded, “You must be a Manager”. “That I am, but how did you know”.

“Well you don’t know where you are, or where you’re going, you have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in the exact same position you were before we met, but now it is somehow my fault”.

Reactions: DLHM