SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Go-to Cafe Order Theory

Members, I have a theory. You can learn a lot about a person from their cafe order. Not the order you get when you want to try something adventurous (for me, whatever special pancakes are on offer) but what is your tried and true, never let you down, order?

I'll start.

I love love love a soy milk chai latte (with a shot of coffee occasionally) and a plain croissant (no jam, no cream - just enjoying the flaky, buttery pastry).

Now any sleuths out there might have guessed I'm lactose intolerant. The croissant? I'll give you a moment to ponder... (and if any of you correctly guess something about my childhood I will be both thrilled and a little terrified).

Okay, so this was something my family always had for Christmas breakfast but I was too young to really want anything fancy like jam or cream so I ate it plain and it stuck. The chai is quite a Christmas-y choice too, eh?

Now, I want to know yours!

Feel free to try and guess what each order could mean! It's like being Sherlock Holmes.

Someone should study this, right?

I found this Youtube video called 'What your coffee says about you' by an Australian comedian.

Now, before you watch, keep in mind there are profanities and it's all just a bit of fun.

Mine is a small double shot almond (or oat) cappuccino!!! However, I was listening to a podcast the other day about oat milk not being the best for you? CHOICE actually did a really interesting article (as they always do) about it! I recommend giving it a read if you are an alternative milk drinker like me :)
Ooo a total classic - a very classy drink of choice but a little fun too. I think the double shot outweighs the chocolate powder haha! This sounds like the coffee order of a crossfitter :unsure:

Hi everyone,It's Paula from Gippsland Victoria. Imust be boring, I have a full cream milk in a cup of flat white.PS it's pouring here in Gippsland Victoria.
Hi Paula! Not boring at all - your coffee order suggests to me that you're a very comforting person that people can rely on. I bet you have a sweet tooth though! It's harder to order a chocolate-y slice when your coffee is too sweet!

Reactions: RTS and Ricci
Soi chai latte for me. I can't tolerate caffeine so this is my lovely go to. But I do like a real chai, with the spices rather than the powder, but am happy to have either as to what's available.

Reactions: RTS and Ricci
When and if I go to a cafe my drink of choice is a hot chocolate. It's something that is a treat for me and only drunk on special occasions (like holiday). I don't order a coffee as I only drink flat white and I can make that at home far cheaper than any cafe can.:)

Reactions: RTS