Gnocchi Bake For Two under $5 a serve !!!

This recipe is for 2 serves , if you want more than double recipe.

For those who live by themselves I would do the two servings and have the other serving within 4 days or freeze the 2nd serve, saving you time and money on electricity.

• Easy
  • 0:10 Prep
  • 0:30 Cook
  • 2 Servings
gnocchi-bake-519077-1.jpg

Ingredients​

• 250 g gnocchi ( see note)
  • 40g grated tasty cheese
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 small brown onion finely chopped
  • 3 slices of salami optional
  • 1 clove garlic finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup Liquid Stock Chicken
  • 80 mls cream
  • 150 g baby spinach
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella grated

Method​

1. Preheat oven to 200 C or 180 C fan-forced. Grease a small 3 cup oven proof dish. Place gnocchi and tasty cheese in dish.
  2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, salami and garlic, stirring, for 2 minutes until onion softens and is golden. Add chicken Stock and cream. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Add spinach and toss for 1 minute or until just wilted.
  3. Pour over gnocchi. Make sure gnocchi are all covered in liquid. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and gnocchi are tender. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Notes

I often make my own gnocchi but when I buy it I use the fresh one in the fridge section in the supermarket

Last edited:
Sponsored
Hello just to clarify if you make your own gnocchi do you boil it first before placing in the dish or you put it in freshly made? Thanks

This is a lovely meal, but I can't eat pasta. I make 9 meals from a cooked chicken from Coles. Healthy and cheap.

Sounds and looks lovely. I have made a very similar dish without the salami but adding a jar of drained sundried tomatoes, delicious. Thank you for sharing this with us all xxx

Looks nice Suzannne ! Haven’t had gnocchi for a long time , will try this dish in the near future . Also will change the salami with some chicken breast or cubes low fat ham . Also change the cream to coconut milk or homemade pasta sauce. Thank you for sharing .

Hello just to clarify if you make your own gnocchi do you boil it first before placing in the dish or you put it in freshly made? Thanks
Yes I cook it first in boiling water for around 30 seconds but only when I make my own .
If I use pre made ones from the supermarket then I don't cook them first

Reactions: DLHM