Get your items faster than ever as Australia Post announces new service

The only thing better than online shopping is next-day delivery. So hold on tight to your trolleys because we have great news for you!

Australia Post is introducing a brand-new next-day delivery service for online shoppers.

‘We‘ve been listening to our customers and know they expect more certainty, simplicity and speed when ordering online,’ Australia Post Chief Executive Paul Graham said.

He mentioned that ‘some of the country’s largest retailers’ have already signed up for this new service called Australia Post Metro.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 111314.png
Australia Post launched its next-day delivery service called Australia Post Metro. Credit: Daria Nipot/Shutterstock

‘To support this new service and ensure we meet the next-day delivery offering, we have simplified our back-end systems to quickly identify the Australia Post Metro service orders, prioritising them for next-day delivery,’ Graham explained.

While this new service is set to transform e-commerce, not everyone can access it immediately.

Australian Post is launching it across the metropolitan areas first: Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane. Not to worry, the organisation has clarified that an expansion plan is in motion for the upcoming months–so it won't be long before this service is available across Australia!

The decision to introduce this fast-track delivery service was triggered by the increasing demand for flexibility and reliability amidst the exploding growth of e-commerce.

Furthermore, projections by Australia Post revealed that in the upcoming decade, it is expected that one out of every three retail dollars will be spent online.

Graham said that more retailers are scheduled to join the operational bandwagon.

Wouldn't you like to know which retailers have elected to be pioneers of this innovative service? Well, Myer is one!

Tony Carr, the group's Executive General Manager of Supply Chain, exclaimed that this strategic move aims to ensure faster deliveries and, thus, a superior online experience for customers.

‘We know there is nothing more important than getting products to our customers in the quickest and most effective way, and our partnership with Australia Post, one of the most trusted organisations in the country, will ensure we continue to provide a leading online experience to our customers,’ Carr exclaimed.

He added that Myer customers will welcome the Australia Post Metro service and will be ‘particularly important to shoppers as we head into our busiest trading months of the year in the lead-up to Christmas’.

Key Takeaways
  • Australia Post is launching a next-day delivery service, called Australian Post Metro, for online shopping in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
  • The service will be linked to select retailers, and plans are underway to expand the service to other cities in the coming months.
  • Australia Post Chief Executive Paul Graham stated that one in every three retail dollars will be spent online in the next decade.
  • Myer has signed up for the scheme with expectations that the fast service will greatly benefit their customers, especially during the busiest trading months leading up to Christmas.

Are you excited about this new service? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
I am going to suggest that if metro mail is prioritised then it will take longer than it already takes for those of us who live in the country to get our mail as we are pushed to the back of the delivery line. It already takes longer for mail to reach us & with this new change I foresee an even longer wait.
If only there was an alternative to using AP then we might get a reasonable service as there would be competition for the right to get our $$$s for postage.

Here in Canberra, we can post a birthday card to a friend on the other side of town, and that card will first go to a sorting centre, then it goes to Sydney and another sorting centre, then it comes back to the sorting centre in Canberra, and if you're lucky, the birthday girl will get the card 2 to 4 weeks after you mailed it. A card posted to Perth from Canberra arrives within 5 working days, but send it locally, and you're lucky if it even survives the roundabout journey it goes on!
Jess

I am going to suggest that if metro mail is prioritised then it will take longer than it already takes for those of us who live in the country to get our mail as we are pushed to the back of the delivery line. It already takes longer for mail to reach us & with this new change I foresee an even longer wait.
If only there was an alternative to using AP then we might get a reasonable service as there would be competition for the right to get our $$$s for postage.
I doubt that this new delivery service will impact on the mail service. I agree that the mail service stinks, which is why 99% of all my mail comes in the form of emails!

When I had four rental properties and before email options for rate notices, etc, became available, I found it more convenient to have a PO Box. This year I am getting about one letter per month to my PO Box if I am lucky - considering this year's fee is $148, each letter costs me at the very least $10 if not more! The monthly letter I receive is a credit card statement, so it will be an easy thing to change it over to email.

The only thing better than online shopping is next-day delivery. So hold on tight to your trolleys because we have great news for you!

Australia Post is introducing a brand-new next-day delivery service for online shoppers.

‘We‘ve been listening to our customers and know they expect more certainty, simplicity and speed when ordering online,’ Australia Post Chief Executive Paul Graham said.

He mentioned that ‘some of the country’s largest retailers’ have already signed up for this new service called Australia Post Metro.

View attachment 27565
Australia Post launched its next-day delivery service called Australia Post Metro. Credit: Daria Nipot/Shutterstock

‘To support this new service and ensure we meet the next-day delivery offering, we have simplified our back-end systems to quickly identify the Australia Post Metro service orders, prioritising them for next-day delivery,’ Graham explained.

While this new service is set to transform e-commerce, not everyone can access it immediately.

Australian Post is launching it across the metropolitan areas first: Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane. Not to worry, the organisation has clarified that an expansion plan is in motion for the upcoming months–so it won't be long before this service is available across Australia!

The decision to introduce this fast-track delivery service was triggered by the increasing demand for flexibility and reliability amidst the exploding growth of e-commerce.

Furthermore, projections by Australia Post revealed that in the upcoming decade, it is expected that one out of every three retail dollars will be spent online.

Graham said that more retailers are scheduled to join the operational bandwagon.

Wouldn't you like to know which retailers have elected to be pioneers of this innovative service? Well, Myer is one!

Tony Carr, the group's Executive General Manager of Supply Chain, exclaimed that this strategic move aims to ensure faster deliveries and, thus, a superior online experience for customers.

‘We know there is nothing more important than getting products to our customers in the quickest and most effective way, and our partnership with Australia Post, one of the most trusted organisations in the country, will ensure we continue to provide a leading online experience to our customers,’ Carr exclaimed.

He added that Myer customers will welcome the Australia Post Metro service and will be ‘particularly important to shoppers as we head into our busiest trading months of the year in the lead-up to Christmas’.

Key Takeaways

• Australia Post is launching a next-day delivery service, called Australian Post Metro, for online shopping in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
  • The service will be linked to select retailers, and plans are underway to expand the service to other cities in the coming months.
  • Australia Post Chief Executive Paul Graham stated that one in every three retail dollars will be spent online in the next decade.
  • Myer has signed up for the scheme with expectations that the fast service will greatly benefit their customers, especially during the busiest trading months leading up to Christmas.

Are you excited about this new service? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
No not me. They just do whatever might make them a profit and scrap out local Post Offices. Just took away mine at Stafford City. Very underwhelmed.

• Sad
Reactions: elaine41
No not me. They just do whatever might make them a profit and scrap out local Post Offices. Just took away mine at Stafford City. Very underwhelmed.
I have to agree. Post offices in their traditional form are disappearing from the landscape.
Fortunately for us, there is a bottle shop nearby that takes over where the post office leaves off. Who would have thought that the day would come. A post office in a bottle shop. If that goes, we might as well take a day trip and delivery the mail ourselves.

Reactions: Davmes
I would prefer if parcels were actually delivered rather than just taken to a post office of the drivers choice. I was waiting on a delivery on a particular day (text arrived saying it would be delivered that day. Imagine my surprise when it did not arrive; a text message arrived instead saying delivery could not be made due to no-one being home. WHAT A JOKE! Not only were we home but so were a number of tradies who were working on an extension on the property. Also at home were two dogs who would have announced the driver IF he had knocked on the door. This did NOT happen.
Do your job correctly, Australia Post. Who's to say this won't continue to happen even with supposed next day delivery.

This is happening all the time to me! Had two deliveries last week and both taken straight to post office despite me being home!!! Very annoying when I pay to have things delivered!!!!!