Get ready to win bigger than ever with the new Weekday Windfall Lotto draw!

The Australian Lotto landscape is about to undergo a significant transformation that could see more Aussies with a bit of extra cash in their pockets.

Starting from May 20, the familiar Monday and Wednesday Lotto games are set to merge into a single lottery game named Weekday Windfall.

But that's not all—a brand new Friday draw is being introduced, giving players three chances a week to strike it lucky.

The division one prize structure has also been tweaked. Instead of the previous cap of four, $1 million is now offered to up to six winners.

This means more winners could potentially take home that life-changing sum every week.

shutterstock_2136231159.jpg
The Monday and Wednesday Lotto games will change into a single lottery game. Image source: Shutterstock

The results of the Weekday Windfall draws will be made available after 8:30 p.m. AEST on each of the draw days—Monday, Wednesday, and now Friday.

For those who have been playing the Monday and Wednesday Lotto, the odds of winning any prize, including the coveted division one prize, remain unchanged in the new Weekday Windfall game.

Last week, luck favoured one woman, and they received a stroke of good fortune.

The woman was from the Gold Coast and had been faithfully playing the same numbers since she was 18. She won over a million in the Monday and Wednesday Gold Lotto draw.

Her loyalty to her numbers paid off handsomely, as she also scooped up division three six times, bringing her total winnings to an impressive $1,002,239.80.

The shock and joy of such a win are palpable. She said: ‘I checked my ticket last night and I was in complete shock. The whole family was.’

‘I kept thinking: ‘This can’t be real; this can’t be real! I couldn’t sleep at all,’ she added.

The win was so unexpected that she took a day off work, unable to focus, as she awaited the official call from The Lott officials.

‘I hardly know why I picked them. I just remember I won a bit on them once, so I liked them and kept using them,’ the woman admitted.

‘For years, I haven’t won anything with them, hardly a couple of dollars. I was starting to think I needed to change it up!’ she continued.

With her newfound wealth, the lucky winner plans to spread the joy, pay off her mortgage, and indulge in some well-deserved travel. Above all, she's thrilled about the prospect of helping her hardworking husband retire.

In similar news, a Queensland woman is set to retire after winning $400,000 by playing the same lotto numbers for two decades.

‘It's been a whirlwind—an emotional rollercoaster of the best kind,’ she shared.

As we share in the excitement of this Lotto revamp and the potential it brings, it's also important to remain mindful of the risks associated with gambling.

If you or someone you know is struggling with gambling, resources like Gambling Help Online and the helpline at 1800 858 858 are available for support.
Key Takeaways
  • The Monday and Wednesday Lotto is undergoing changes and will be renamed Weekday Windfall with an additional draw on Fridays.
  • The new format, starting May 20, will offer up to six winners the chance to win $1 million each in the division one prize.
  • The odds of winning any prize in Weekday Windfall will remain the same as the current Monday and Wednesday Lotto game.
  • A Gold Coast woman won over $1 million in the Monday and Wednesday Gold Lotto using the same set of numbers she had chosen since she was 18, in addition to scooping division three six times.
What are your thoughts on the new Weekday Windfall, members? Will you be trying your luck with the additional Friday draw? Have you, like the fortunate Gold Coast woman, stuck with a set of numbers for years, or do you prefer to mix it up? Share your Lotto stories and strategies with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
don't they know, if it's not broken don't fix it. Does this mean no Tatslotto or Saturday? I only play Thursday weekly and Saturday if it's a big one.

That's some game-changing news for Aussie lotto enthusiasts! Having three chances a week to strike it lucky sounds like a dream come true. It brings to mind the thrill of anticipation when I participated in lotto draws with friends and family. Speaking of excitement, I recently came across https://themulligans.org/, a platform offering a range of entertaining games. It's always fun to explore new ways to add a bit of thrill to life, and with the Weekday Windfall and Friday draw on the horizon, the lotto landscape in Australia is definitely getting more interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nettles
After they introduced that stupid ''point in the same direction '' to prove you are not a robot l emailed them that l was quitting.lt is so time wasting and even when you get it right it still won't let you login.Doesn't prove your not a robot anyway as anybody daft enough to keep doing it will get through.Save yur money and stop making Packer richer

I figure my families have had their share. My b-i-l won Tattersalls all those years ago His wife shared 1st Division. My brother was one of 28 1st division winners. Me, I've won less than $20.00.