Get $179.95 kitchen magic for $45—Kmart shoppers go wild for this dupe!

As the chill of winter settles in, there's nothing quite like the aroma of a hearty stew or a rich curry wafting through the house.

It's the season for comfort food, and what better way to prepare these warming dishes than with a trusty slow cooker?

For many of us, especially those who are more budget-conscious, the high price tags on some top-of-the-line kitchen appliances can be off-putting.

Kmart's 6.5 Litre Slow Cooker ($45) is being hailed as a 'fantastic' alternative to Breville’s Smart Temp Slow Cooker, which costs $179.95.

This affordable gem has been flying off the shelves, and it's not hard to see why. It has multiple temperature settings, an LED display, and a removable ceramic pot.

The buzz around this thrifty find reached a fever pitch on social media, garnering many glowing endorsements.

1720752321823.png
Kmart's 6.5 Litre Slow Cooker gained popularity as an affordable alternative compared to its pricier counterparts. Credit: @demikacucca / TikTok

'Mine is great. No issues, and cook times are always spot on,' one satisfied customer reported.

'I just bought one, and it’s better than the expensive one I had.' another said.

‘We love ours. We use it almost daily and have been for a couple of months now—no need to fork out extra when this one works just the same,” a third added.

‘I love mine. Had it for years. I will be using it Saturday for lamb shanks,’ a different customer replied.

‘I have one, and we love it. Never had an issue with ours, and I have had it over three years.’ followed by another user.

The product page on Kmart's website proves the slow cooker's popularity, with hundreds of positive reviews echoing those on social media.

Shoppers rave about its ease of cleaning, stylish appearance, and many features make it a standout choice.

'No need to buy an expensive one. These are just as good quality and so much cheaper,' one wrote.

Another said, ‘I would recommend this slow cooker to everyone. It’s big, so you can cook a whole chicken or roast. '

‘Hesitated for years to buy and try a slow cooker. This turned out to be an amazing find,’ a third commented.

‘Eating healthier, tastier food and the non-cooks have become cooks. Recommend unreservedly.’ someone else added.

The Kmart slow cooker craze has even taken to social media platforms where creators showcased their simple and delicious meals.

From a three-ingredient slow-cooked Mexican chicken to a chicken and pumpkin risotto, these social media users have proved that gourmet doesn't have to be complicated or expensive.

They also offered a 5 Litre Slow Cooker ($24) and a 3 Litre Slow Cooker ($29), ensuring everyone can find the right size without breaking the bank.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart's 6.5 Litre Slow Cooker is gaining popularity for being an affordable alternative to more expensive brands, priced at $45 compared to Breville's $179.95 product.
  • Shoppers and online reviewers praised the Kmart slow cooker's functionality, quality, and value, highlighting features like multiple temperature settings and an LED display.
  • Positive customer feedback on social media and Kmart's product page suggests the slow cooker is reliable, easy to clean, and suitable for cooking various dishes.
  • Kmart also offered smaller and cheaper versions of the slow cooker, with a 5L option for $24 and a 3L option for $29, catering to different needs and budgets.
Have you tried Kmart's slow cooker? What are your experiences with it? We’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.

Sponsored
I've got a Crockpot brand slow cooker which is 5.6L with an additional 2.4 divided pot for smaller meals. It doesn't have a self-searer, plus I wouldn't need one any bigger. Next time, I would probably buy a self-searer.

My daughter had purchased this after using my sunbeam slow cooker and I can tell you it's a flunk.
My sunbeam slow cooker is a slow cooker, a pressure cooker and 3 other things. It's worth paying extra and getting a better brand

My daughter had purchased this after using my sunbeam slow cooker and I can tell you it's a flunk.
My sunbeam slow cooker is a slow cooker, a pressure cooker and 3 other things. It's worth paying extra and getting a better brand
Sounds a good multi-cooker!

I'm more than happy with mine. I'm usually reluctant to buy Anko electric products but this was given to me as a gift and I'm perfectly happy with it, it does the job it's supposed to do. I got rid of my pressure cooker, I prefer the slow cooker.

Reactions: Pamsterdam