Cybergran

May 28, 2022
Geocaching

G’day, I live in Shepparton and was married for 56 years until my husband passed away last October. We used to love going Geocaching together. Since he died many members of the Geocaching community have taken me out with them, allowing me to continue in this wonderful pastime.
What is Geocaching you ask? It is a worldwide scavenger hunt. Equipped with a smart phone, or tablet such as an iPad, you can download an app which shows where these geocaches are hidden in your area. Since there are millions of them hidden around the world, and more being hidden every day, you would be surprised how many might be hidden in your vicinity.
They might be as small as your little fingernail, or as big as a refrigerator.
When you find one you open it, sign the logbook within, and put it back exactly where you found it for the next person to find it. Then you write a log on your electronic device letting the owner of the geocache know you found it.
There are also geocaching events where you can meet up with other geocachers.
Already this year I have attended events in Tatura, Ballarat, Mernda, Townsville, Wangaratta and am leaving for Bunbury in WA next week to attend one there, after attending one in Mooroopna tomorrow.
Meanwhile in the last couple of months I’ve been geocaching in Cairns, Rutherglen, Geelong, Tatong and Yarrawonga.
If you want any more details about this fabulous hobby which takes you to places you would never dream of visiting otherwise, get in touch with me.
It is a great pastime that you can do by yourself or with others.

G’day, I live in Shepparton and was married for 56 years until my husband passed away last October. We used to love going Geocaching together. Since he died many members of the Geocaching community have taken me out with them, allowing me to continue in this wonderful pastime.
What is Geocaching you ask? It is a worldwide scavenger hunt. Equipped with a smart phone, or tablet such as an iPad, you can download an app which shows where these geocaches are hidden in your area. Since there are millions of them hidden around the world, and more being hidden every day, you would be surprised how many might be hidden in your vicinity.
They might be as small as your little fingernail, or as big as a refrigerator.
When you find one you open it, sign the logbook within, and put it back exactly where you found it for the next person to find it. Then you write a log on your electronic device letting the owner of the geocache know you found it.
There are also geocaching events where you can meet up with other geocachers.
Already this year I have attended events in Tatura, Ballarat, Mernda, Townsville, Wangaratta and am leaving for Bunbury in WA next week to attend one there, after attending one in Mooroopna tomorrow.
Meanwhile in the last couple of months I’ve been geocaching in Cairns, Rutherglen, Geelong, Tatong and Yarrawonga.
If you want any more details about this fabulous hobby which takes you to places you would never dream of visiting otherwise, get in touch with me.
It is a great pastime that you can do by yourself or with others.
Welcome to our online community, @Cybergran ! I've honestly never heard of geocaching until today. This sounds like a blast! I would LOVE to learn more about this and maybe even try it out as well in the future :D

This sounds so so fun! I think I have heard of it before but I didn't know how it really worked. Thanks for all the info! What is the name of the app you use?