'Genius' Christmas tree tip stuns homeowners looking to save some space

Christmas is a time of joy, celebration, and, of course, decorating.

But for those living in smaller spaces, finding room for a full-sized Christmas tree can be a challenge.

Introducing the half Christmas tree—a simple yet ingenious tweak that's leaving homeowners amazed and delighted.

This innovative idea was shared by a woman from New Zealand on social media.

She revealed that she's been setting up just one side of her Christmas tree's branches for the past few years.

Not only does this save her space but also eliminates the hassle of decorating the back of the tree, which often goes unnoticed.

SDC 3.png
A woman shared her tip for a fuller and space-saving Christmas tree. Image source: Facebook.

'Just wanted to share this
Tip
we discovered a few years ago, the half tree, twice as bushy, half the space,' she said.

She posted a picture of her half tree leaning perfectly against the wall, ready to be adorned with gifts for the festive season.

The post quickly garnered attention, with a flurry of comments praising the setup as 'genius'.

'I've actually never thought about not putting my back branches on, such a clever idea. We always put our tree in the corner and never decorate the back, but I think not putting the branches on in the first place will be a better option,' one commented.

While another added: 'Love this! Can save more space.'

The woman is not alone in her innovative approach to this Christmas tree setup. Many others shared that they employ the same space-saving trick at home every year.

'I don't put the back branches on my tree... I fill in the gaps, and it looks fuller,' one said.

Another revealed: 'I do the same too, always suggest this to everyone who has limited space and wants to make their tree look fuller.'

A third shared: 'All my branches are bent to the front, looks so much nicer and less space to the wall.'

However, the half-tree setup did raise some concerns about stability.

One user asked: 'How do you stop the weight of the tree pulling over? It's all bunched to the front.'

To which the woman replied: 'There's never been an issue. We just use three-quarters of the legs and push against the wall.'
Key Takeaways
  • Homeowners are conserving space by setting up only half a Christmas tree.
  • A woman from New Zealand shared a photograph of her half-tree setup in a Facebook group, which received a lot of positive feedback.
  • Many social media users agreed they had also adopted this method to save space and make their trees look fuller.
  • The woman explained that there is no issue with the tree toppling due to weight imbalance, as they use three-quarters of the tree legs and push it against the wall for stability.
What do you think of this space-saving Christmas tree tip, members? Have you tried a similar trick before, or would you consider doing something like this? Share your thoughts (and maybe even your Christmas tree setups!) in the comments below.

Sponsored

But for those living in smaller spaces, finding room for a full-sized Christmas tree can be a challenge.

Introducing the half Christmas tree—a simple yet ingenious tweak that's leaving homeowners amazed and delighted.

She revealed that she's been setting up just one side of her Christmas tree's branches for the past few years.

Not only does this save her space but also eliminates the hassle of decorating the back of the tree, which often goes unnoticed.

View attachment 36321
A woman shared her tip for a fuller and space-saving Christmas tree. Image source: Facebook.

Tip
we discovered a few years ago, the half tree, twice as bushy, half the space,' she said.

She posted a picture of her half tree leaning perfectly against the wall, ready to be adorned with gifts for the festive season.

The post quickly garnered attention, with a flurry of comments praising the setup as 'genius'.

'I've actually never thought about not putting my back branches on, such a clever idea. We always put our tree in the corner and never decorate the back, but I think not putting the branches on in the first place will be a better option,' one commented.

The woman is not alone in her innovative approach to this Christmas tree setup. Many others shared that they employ the same space-saving trick at home every year.

'I don't put the back branches on my tree... I fill in the gaps, and it looks fuller,' one said.

Another revealed: 'I do the same too, always suggest this to everyone who has limited space and wants to make their tree look fuller.'

A third shared: 'All my branches are bent to the front, looks so much nicer and less space to the wall.'

One user asked: 'How do you stop the weight of the tree pulling over? It's all bunched to the front.'

To which the woman replied: 'There's never been an issue. We just use three-quarters of the legs and push against the wall.'
Key Takeaways

• A woman from New Zealand shared a photograph of her half-tree setup in a Facebook group, which received a lot of positive feedback.
  • Many social media users agreed they had also adopted this method to save space and make their trees look fuller.
  • The woman explained that there is no issue with the tree toppling due to weight imbalance, as they use three-quarters of the tree legs and push it against the wall for stability.
What do you think of this space-saving Christmas tree tip, members? Have you tried a similar trick before, or would you consider doing something like this? Share your thoughts (and maybe even your Christmas tree setups!) in the comments below.
And if you bend all the branches forward your tree looks fuller as well - but be careful as you need to make sure your tree doesn't fall over

View attachment 36321

Tip

Key Takeaways

can't beat a kiwi, this one does this as well.

What a good idea, most people have their tree against a wall anyway
I splashed out and bought a collapsible tree, with all decorations and lights etc. takes up so much less storage space.
I got a small pop up table top decorated tree some years ago. You're right about storage.
Also, no need to keep decorations in boxes.
Ended up being a very good decision.

Only having half a tree set up in the corner.....really adds a different connotation to the idea of 'Trimming the Christmas Tree'

Reactions: Littleboy8