Free MasterChef knives at Coles

For all the home cooks out there who have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen, have you noticed if your knives are still as sharp as they once were?

Kitchen knives of outstanding quality are a good investment, even though they can be pretty expensive - some sets even cost hundreds of dollars.

But luckily you can treat yourself to a chef-approved knife set without spending a cent. Coles has announced its latest promotion for the holidays this year, and they’re bringing back its hugely sought-after MasterChef knives set.

LAOcfvKC-Z_3XNLx0sUod1xykIs8-5i9R56Zc1FeMD28bMHAVOapZmULAMRztBLlZm2Lp9lWVGg-3nRf-9hO1GnXnzq-3yDw1kYFLAt8bKWj6A1dIW98aN_OwojumgkS9e9Ca3CO=s0

MasterChef knives set now available at Coles. Photo: Hanna Lassen/Getty Images for Coles.

This year, the set has doubled its range and includes a 17.5cm cleaver, a 9.5cm paring knife, kitchen scissors, and a mini chopper.

“They’re very sharp, which is a good thing. They’ve got some points to them and for slicing tomatoes, they just go through it,” said Coles ambassador and chef Luke Mangan, who has given the knives the tick of approval.

wcg_yNrMQyrcfu5w3YfZ6AKNTCQSuF3DzM6F8JIec_F4a1-v7SqSRMrBANyYoNOmt4577u1sCSiax1-5CVcwSwg7aWVMxkbKX6sgy2vKM0gPe6fD-dOSDnMHfvhbxQZGkH4OyzY6=s0

Chef Luke Mangan using the MasterChef Mini Chopper. Photo: Hanna Lassen/Getty Images for Coles.

He is also delighted to use the new mini chopper, saying it is “great for things like mayonnaise, dressings”.

The MasterChef 300W Mini Chopper has stainless blades and a two-speed function and comes with a glass bowl.

“It’s perfect for little jobs where you don’t want to bring out your food processor or blender,” Coles development chef Michael Weldon said. “It’s really easy to wash up too, and best of all, it’s sharp.”

Customers will be able to earn points in exchange for the kitchen tools.

To get the freebies, shoppers just have to scan their Flybuys card when they spend more than $20 in a single transaction, earning them one MasterChef knife credit.

The mini chopper costs 80 credits, while the knives cost between 10 to 80 credits each.

However, the supermarket also offered their customers a half-pay option this year. Say the knife you want costs 20 MasterChef credits; Coles allows you to spend just ten credits and pay $10 to make up for the rest.

And what are knives without their holders, right? There’s also a MasterChef wooden block to house your newly bought knives. Available for just $35.

Christmas is the season for the best holiday recipes, and with these tools, your life in the kitchen will be made so much easier. So head over now to the nearest Coles and start collecting those credits!

Reactions: spookie
Sponsored
All wonderful offers from Coles - except you can only claim these 'rewards' if you shop instore, not online.

During the lockdown - we 'youngsters' living in certain LGA's were advised NOT to visit these breeding grounds - and were unable to redeem any of these 'wondrous' offers.

Many emails to Coles regarding this - no reply.

Maybe they didn't appreciate that I pointed out they were (a) forcing people to disobey Covid restrictions, (b) false advertising (OK this may have been a bit of a push) and (c) discrimination - people living outside of lockdown areas were able to avail themselves of this offer.

So what about all the points we 'loyal' customers accumulated during these past months - just gone into the big abyss of 'marketing grab backs'?
Maybe with the voice of this group they may recognise / respond?

Of course, if they don't that could be them letting us know they really don't care for our patronage - we may be out of their demographic range ....

All wonderful offers from Coles - except you can only claim these 'rewards' if you shop instore, not online.

During the lockdown - we 'youngsters' living in certain LGA's were advised NOT to visit these breeding grounds - and were unable to redeem any of these 'wondrous' offers.

Maybe they didn't appreciate that I pointed out they were (a) forcing people to disobey Covid restrictions, (b) false advertising (OK this may have been a bit of a push) and (c) discrimination - people living outside of lockdown areas were able to avail themselves of this offer.

So what about all the points we 'loyal' customers accumulated during these past months - just gone into the big abyss of 'marketing grab backs'?

Of course, if they don't that could be them letting us know they really don't care for our patronage - we may be out of their demographic range ....
@Judio have you tried reaching out on any form of social media? Companies are usually far quicker to respond when their public image is at risk.

Seems very expensive, spend $20 and get 1 credit, you need 10 credits for a knife, if my maths is right, thats a $200 spend, for a knife?
Gold Plated? Would need to be !

It s easier to get those points than I thought! I do a weekly shop instead of several small ones and make sure that I dont end up with say $78.95 and 3 points. I d rather buy an extra tomato or so and spend $1.10 to get over $80 and get 4 points. Coles also has various 0roducts that get you Bonus Points, just check the catalogue. I ve never bought any food etc that I wouldnt have bought anyway or used, and I managed to get the knife I wanted, the wok, even the plastic dishes for my friends picnics😀

I love the knives but very disappointed at not being able to get them with my on line shopping which is what I do these days. Was unable to spend my last balance as my local store had no stock of the one I needed.

It s easier to get those points than I thought! I do a weekly shop instead of several small ones and make sure that I dont end up with say $78.95 and 3 points. I d rather buy an extra tomato or so and spend $1.10 to get over $80 and get 4 points. Coles also has various 0roducts that get you Bonus Points, just check the catalogue. I ve never bought any food etc that I wouldnt have bought anyway or used, and I managed to get the knife I wanted, the wok, even the plastic dishes for my friends picnics😀
@Noraya I agree! I love these promotions because I wouldn't choose to spend money on the knives on their own, but it's really great to get them as a bonus for shopping I would've been doing anyway.

I love the knives but very disappointed at not being able to get them with my on line shopping which is what I do these days. Was unable to spend my last balance as my local store had no stock of the one I needed.
@Dot Ah, that's the unfortunate part about these promotions is that because it becomes so popular, there's hardly ever any stock. Did they give you any alternatives for how you could get your hands on the last one, though?

@Dot Ah, that's the unfortunate part about these promotions is that because it becomes so popular, there's hardly ever any stock. Did they give you any alternatives for how you could get your hands on the last one, though?
Sadly no comments on where I could get the one I wanted. They should not have the promotion unless they have enough stock to cover demand. I have started shopping at Woolworths now with click and collect option.....great service and better range than Coles.

Sadly no comments on where I could get the one I wanted. They should not have the promotion unless they have enough stock to cover demand. I have started shopping at Woolworths now with click and collect option.....great service and better range than Coles.
That's unfortunate :( Incomplete collections bug me!