SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

Athena E.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 1, 2023
Franklins Supermarket

Do you remember shopping at Franklins? This popular discount supermarket chain was known for its ‘No Frills’ home brand products. It’s the go-to for Aussies looking for incredible deals. Unfortunately, it closed its final store in April 2015 after being acquired by Metcash.

430182532_319371734441789_5741178754354784470_n.jpg
Source: Memory Lane - Growing up in Australia/Facebook

Do you have fond memories of Franklins? Share them here!

• Love
Reactions: NotNats and Suet
Yes!!! I remember those days! Love the memories, funny though as they were always so crowded with everything, tiny aisles and that sort of damping cold atmosphere but we could manoeuvre(loved the spelling help with this word on my iPad😂😂😂) through it all.👏🏆

My partner & I quite often talk about the things we used to buy at Franklins. I shopped there when my kids were in primary school, they loved the juice boxes & fruit cups or cheese & crackers in their lunches. They also loved shopping with me, especially the bakery, where my eldest would go & get 2 rolls or whatever was on offer for free & would quite happily eat it while helping put groceries in the trolley. Loved Franklins got alot more for your $$$ back then.

• Love
Reactions: Athena E.
Loved Franklins, the no frills products were as good as brand names but a lot cheaper. Today I dropped off some things to someone and carried them in a Franklins bag! Even the bags were good quality

Reactions: Suet
I always remember Franklins as we used to shop there every week. The shop was in Sunshine Plaza and we used to go there every week. It was a pleasure doing shopping there, prices were very reasonable and the staff were lovely. Then the shop was moved and then closed down which was a great pity.

When I lived in Blacktown in the late 70's it was the only grocery shop, I went too

Franklins are a great loss to the grocery trade. It was a fantastic business plan and it was fun to shop there. I was extremely sad when it was closed down and I wish that the owners of the business name would do something with it now.

Reactions: Suet
We used to shop there regularly and I still have and use a Franklins 2 wheeled shopping trolley that gets occasional comments from some shoppers.