Former Home and Away star Sam Frost shocks fans after she makes fun of the soap’s storyline — “really made me giggle!”

Former Home and Away star Sam Frost has recently shocked fans after she seemingly made a subtle jab at her former employer.

The 32-year-old actress, who first came into the limelight after appearing in the reality show Bachelorette, played the role of Jasmine Delaney in the long-running series.

0fcQ8TLVpVNeazSfmhLmYdn5A-Qgmer5qSW9Pykguu-wIgc0eQ-mOnH-SdOogcRzX0-daG5YJTGEo2ske5vFGzZzTAk10XOwnywZff8zKDK0HKIG4W0k4Y0HGyPAL6YoXRSLmI8

Sam Frost shocked fans after she poked fun at Home and Away’s plot. Credit: Instagram/@fro01.

While her character will still be part of the TV soaps' plot in this year's season as the scenes were filmed in December, Sam appears to have put her four-year stint behind her.

“Those around her believe she’s going to throw in the towel with acting,” an insider said, revealing that the actress hopes to move from Sydney — where the long-running soap is filmed — back to Melbourne to reunite with her family.

“Sam sort of fell into it ... it’s not a massive passion.”

And in a surprising turn of events, the actress appeared to have made a subtle dig at Home and Away producers after she posted a faux-headline of an article published by satirical news site The Betoota Advocate that poked fun at the soap's "interesting" storylines.

The headline read: "Home and Away writer fired for not reaching one car crash scene per season quota."

It is not a secret to the fans of the show that there is an unusually high rate of car crashes, explosions and other disasters at the fictional beachside town of Summer Bay, particularly when it nears a season finale.

Sam, who seemed to enjoy the humour of the article, wrote: The caption really made me giggle."

BXKmZMvFf2Rckt35PlxiQG5fBrT-QnBNTYaKc0xogQd7rfTHC4Bkrz8Q_FbzCn-L5ZYhYyjkpaci7s88X6AnUuCK55SzAob_zTfzVU3xYlQ-vkCBO9dVS7suanab-mG52RztSu8

Sam Frost shared a satire post about the long-running show on Instagram. Credit: Instagram/The Betoota Advocate.

The source confirmed that Sam intends to focus on her work in the "health and wellbeing" industry.

It should be noted that the actress founded a mental health initiative called "Believe by Sam Frost" back in 2015 and is set to publish a book — she personally authored — titled "Believe".

"This is my story. One I feel very proud to share. It’s about finding strength, courage, resilience and hope while learning life’s big lessons along the way," she said during the announcement of her book.

The actress has sparked a controversy last year after she posted a video about her stance on Covid vaccines.

Sam announced that she would take a break from TV shortly after.

However, on December 16, a Channel Seven spokesperson confirmed that the actress has formally quit the soap opera, revealing that she filmed her final scenes with the cast the day after she resigned.

For those who are fans of Home and Away, check out these behind the scenes clips Sam has shared since leaving the show.

Credit: YouTube/Celebrity Star

Sponsored
Must be something wrong with my computer, All I got was some American woman repeating comments made by Sam.

Wont miss her at all. Watch with my Nana who is shocked and saddened at the irresponsibility of the story line.