Forget expensive dishwashing tablets, this $3.90 Woolies buy has cleaning fans going wild!

These days, even simple household cleaning products can be hard on our budget.

Take, for instance, dishwashing tablets. Simply put, these are versions of dishwashing detergents conveniently condensed into single-use, pre-portioned forms.

A variety of Finish dishwashing tablets can set customers back an astounding $56 at Woolworths, while 52-tablet packs of Fairy Ultimate Pro will cost them a whopping $45.

No wonder that when one resourceful shopper stumbled on a Woolies buy retailing for just $3.90 that yielded magnificent results, others jumped to give it a go!

The savvy mum shared her discovery on Mums Who Clean, a popular Facebook page for everyone with a passion for cleaning.

'I usually buy Finish dishwasher tablets, (but I) was a bit tight on cash', she remarked.

'So I bought (a 1 kg container of Shine Dishwashing Powder) for $3.90. I was scared, but my dishes and washer are so clean.'

She was so impressed that she even said she was ‘a bit gobsmacked’ with her purchase!

algjabjkg.png
One mum had nothing but praise to offer for Woolworths’ Shine Dishwashing Powder Concentrate. Image Credit: Woolworths

People who tried the product after reading the post were also blown away by the results, expressing that they’re saying goodbye to expensive dishwashing tablets.

‘I am never buying tablets again. Powder works so much better and is so much cheaper,’ one commenter said.

‘We thought our dishwasher was the problem and thought we had to invest in a new one, however, it was just the tablets not doing their job!’

‘Powder transformed our dishwasher into the perfect dishwasher again.’

Budget-friendliness aside, others swore about the efficiency of the dishwashing powder and similar offerings from other stores.

‘I am a huge fan of Woolworths’ Shine products. Not because they are cheap — they work. Also Coles Ultra, the same.’

Cheap and effective — what’s not to like about this dishwashing powder from Woolies? Let’s take a look at some reviews!

On its page, Shine Dishwasher Powder Concentrate 1 kg is rated 4.1 stars out of 5 with over 200 favourable reviews from four stars and up. Many of the top reviews said the same things about the relatively affordable cleaning agent, with one praising it for ‘great value for money’.

It’s notable to point out that there were a few bad reviews though, such as one from a reviewer who reduced the highly touted dishwashing buy to a mere backup.

Source: YouTube/Wirecutter

‘After a few poor washes the powder has been relegated to the back of the cupboard, for emergency use only, in case one day I run out of tablets,’ the review read.

‘No way will this sample induce me to swap from the far superior cleaning power of Fairy or Finish Tablets.’

‘I much prefer the capsules,’ another added. ‘Messy. I had this everywhere… (I) wouldn’t recommend it.’

Key Takeaways
  • A Woolworths shopper has shared her simple supermarket hack for saving on dishwashing tablets.
  • She purchased a 1kg container of Shine Dishwashing Powder from Woolworths for $3.90.
  • Other homeowners said they preferred the Shine product over expensive dishwashing tablets.
  • Customers said that the Shine powder works better and lasts longer, leaving them with clean, shiny dishes and crockery.
At the end of the day, as long as your dishes come out squeaky clean, we say it’s a job well done regardless if you use dishwashing powders or tablets.

But whether or not price or convenience should be valued more in choosing between the two (dishwashing gels and good ol’ handwashing aside)… you be the judge!

For what it’s worth though, this is a great saving hack if you can't seem to keep up with the household budget.

Now, if you’re still firmly on the side of dishwashing tablets but do admit that they could use more improvements as far as cleaning goes, did you know that you might be using them the wrong way?

So, what do you think about Woolies’ Shine Dishwashing Detergent Concentrate? Have you used it before? Do you agree with the glowing reviews, or perhaps the scathing ones?

Share your thoughts and experience using it below!

Sponsored
I’ve tried powder, gel (in a bottle) and the little all in one things. I’ve had poor results with all and have come to the conclusion that the common “must have” is a dishwasher whose action actually works! Have never had a failure with my current one (Smeg) so, in the interest of economy, I’ll give the powder another go since folks are finding it works. If it disappoints, I’ll go back to my old habit of looking for the bargain a week before I run out.

Reactions: paulamc52 and Ricci

Take, for instance, dishwashing tablets. Simply put, these are versions of dishwashing detergents conveniently condensed into single-use, pre-portioned forms.

A variety of Finish dishwashing tablets can set customers back an astounding $56 at Woolworths, while 52-tablet packs of Fairy Ultimate Pro will cost them a whopping $45.

No wonder that when one resourceful shopper stumbled on a Woolies buy retailing for just $3.90 that yielded magnificent results, others jumped to give it a go!

The savvy mum shared her discovery on Mums Who Clean, a popular Facebook page for everyone with a passion for cleaning.

'I usually buy Finish dishwasher tablets, (but I) was a bit tight on cash', she remarked.

'So I bought (a 1 kg container of Shine Dishwashing Powder) for $3.90. I was scared, but my dishes and washer are so clean.'

She was so impressed that she even said she was ‘a bit gobsmacked’ with her purchase!

View attachment 12199
One mum had nothing but praise to offer for Woolworths’ Shine Dishwashing Powder Concentrate. Image Credit: Woolworths

People who tried the product after reading the post were also blown away by the results, expressing that they’re saying goodbye to expensive dishwashing tablets.

‘I am never buying tablets again. Powder works so much better and is so much cheaper,’ one commenter said.

‘We thought our dishwasher was the problem and thought we had to invest in a new one, however, it was just the tablets not doing their job!’

Budget-friendliness aside, others swore about the efficiency of the dishwashing powder and similar offerings from other stores.

‘I am a huge fan of Woolworths’ Shine products. Not because they are cheap — they work. Also Coles Ultra, the same.’

Cheap and effective — what’s not to like about this dishwashing powder from Woolies? Let’s take a look at some reviews!

On its page, Shine Dishwasher Powder Concentrate 1 kg is rated 4.1 stars out of 5 with over 200 favourable reviews from four stars and up. Many of the top reviews said the same things about the relatively affordable cleaning agent, with one praising it for ‘great value for money’.

It’s notable to point out that there were a few bad reviews though, such as one from a reviewer who reduced the highly touted dishwashing buy to a mere backup.

‘After a few poor washes the powder has been relegated to the back of the cupboard, for emergency use only, in case one day I run out of tablets,’ the review read.

‘No way will this sample induce me to swap from the far superior cleaning power of Fairy or Finish Tablets.’

‘I much prefer the capsules,’ another added. ‘Messy. I had this everywhere… (I) wouldn’t recommend it.’

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths shopper has shared her simple supermarket hack for saving on dishwashing tablets.
  • She purchased a 1kg container of Shine Dishwashing Powder from Woolworths for $3.90.
  • Other homeowners said they preferred the Shine product over expensive dishwashing tablets.
  • Customers said that the Shine powder works better and lasts longer, leaving them with clean, shiny dishes and crockery.
At the end of the day, as long as your dishes come out squeaky clean, we say it’s a job well done regardless if you use dishwashing powders or tablets.

But whether or not price or convenience should be valued more in choosing between the two (dishwashing gels and good ol’ handwashing aside)… you be the judge!

For what it’s worth though, this is a great saving hack if you can't seem to keep up with the household budget.

Now, if you’re still firmly on the side of dishwashing tablets but do admit that they could use more improvements as far as cleaning goes, did you know that you might be using them the wrong way?

So, what do you think about Woolies’ Shine Dishwashing Detergent Concentrate? Have you used it before? Do you agree with the glowing reviews, or perhaps the scathing ones?

I changed from using dishwasher powder to liquid cleaner (I have a 2-drawer dishwasher and they don’t fit in the dispenser drawer). Very quickly I noticed mould was growing inside my dishwasher so savvy husband decided it was back to the powder. My big problems are that powder scratches the glasses and both gel and powder have made my glasses go cloudy. I have had dishwashers for over 45 Years and it would only be in the last 2 years that this is has become a problem. Something has changed in the dishwashing industry - help!

View attachment 12199

Key Takeaways

If it's good as they say I'll use it saving money these days is what it's all about also I've heard you can you use dishwashing tablets in your clothes washing machine whether to clean it or wash clothes I can't remember does anybody know about this please

I personally prefer Ecostore dishwasher powder/rinse aid to tablets, as I can regulate how much is used for the varying loads. Plus Ecostore dishwashing powder is plant and mineral based with lemon oil. No nasty chemicals.
I don't get a satisfactory clean if I select the eco cycle or auto cycle. With the eco cycle the water doesn't heat enough in order to save electricity. With the auto cycle it all depends on how dirty the items are. If not very dirty, the water temperature and electricity consumption is less . If extremely dirty, the water temperature will rise.
I skip both of these cycles and select hot 65 degrees water temperature programme for a clean result.
My dishwasher manufacturer told me it is essential that I use hot water programmes or the machine care programme regularly to prevent the dishwasher becoming contaminated with residues or bacteria.

Have always used Morning Fresh dish Powder it's really good as well but can't find it anymore so I have bought Ecostore which was much cheaper haven't tried yet but hoping it is good.
I'm sure you will like it. I can also purchase it at Officeworks as well as Woolies.
I also use their dishwashing liquid too.

If it's good as they say I'll use it saving money these days is what it's all about also I've heard you can you use dishwashing tablets in your clothes washing machine whether to clean it or wash clothes I can't remember does anybody know about this please
I've heard of using dish washer tablets to clean the washing machine, but not to clean clothes.

I changed from using dishwasher powder to liquid cleaner (I have a 2-drawer dishwasher and they don’t fit in the dispenser drawer). Very quickly I noticed mould was growing inside my dishwasher so savvy husband decided it was back to the powder. My big problems are that powder scratches the glasses and both gel and powder have made my glasses go cloudy. I have had dishwashers for over 45 Years and it would only be in the last 2 years that this is has become a problem. Something has changed in the dishwashing industry - help!
I have the 2 drawer dishwasher and wouldn't swap it for anything. I use the tablets. You put them on the little tray in the cutlery rack. Read the instructions. I was like you then I read the instructions.