Flybuys member wins one MILLION bonus points – find out how you can score the same prize!

We don't know about you, but we love hearing stories of people unexpectedly hitting the jackpot – whether it's through the lotto, scratchies or finding a $50 note on the ground.

It always brings a smile to our faces and reminds us good things do happen to good people from time to time. It gives us hope that one day, it might just be our turn!

And speaking of good things happening to good people, a Coles shopper in the Northern Territory has recently been blessed with a 'Christmas miracle' after having an incredibly lucky experience at her local supermarket.

While picking up groceries for dinner recently, Chantel Bowden decided to scan her Flybuys card like she always does. But this time, she was in for a very pleasant surprise: she'd instantly won one million Flybuys points!

6793d6b0-7050-11ed-bbaf-e94f8cad6082

Lucky Flybuys members can receive a 'secret' gift from Coles while shopping in one of its stores. Credit: Facebook.

The shopper recalled the moment she realised what had happened, sharing: 'I was shocked and shaking. I didn't know what to do as a little message popped on the screen saying to speak to a staff member.'

'Honestly, I thought it was a scam ... I called him [the store manager] a liar, I didn't believe him. But they came back with this massive cardboard sign saying "congratulations".'

She added that she was still unsure if it was a scam or a really good prank as the staff member came over to confirm her win.

After hearing her claim, the employee assured her that she had indeed won just by scanning the card.

Ms Bowden was one of 14 lucky customers that won a million bonus points after scanning their Flybuys card on their last shopping trip.

Coles also offered a range of prizes to other Flybuys members, including a $100 Coles supermarket voucher, a $100 Coles online voucher, and an email to say their Flybuys account has been topped up with 10,000 points.

Adam Heywood, Coles’ General Manager of Customer Experience and Loyalty, said: 'This Christmas, Coles is thanking our most loyal customers for their continuous support to our team, our suppliers and community partners over the years.'

'These customers are Flybuys members who clearly love to shop at Coles and we want to show our appreciation for their support.'

Winning one million bonus points allowed Ms Bowden to buy groceries for her ill mother and grandmother, which she said she can rarely afford.

Meanwhile, many Flybuys members celebrated her win on social media.

'OMG that is epic, congratulations! The best timing ever in the lead-up to Xmas! Happy spending,' one person praised.

Another added: 'Awesome! Congratulations! My parents were rewarded with one million Flybuys earlier this year so I know the excitement.'

'They spent it on groceries and the grandkids. So as pensioners it's helped them out this year.'

Key Takeaways

• You can win big prizes by simply scanning your Flybuys card at Coles stores.
  • 14 lucky shoppers have each won one million Flybuys points.
  • Thousands more will receive either a $100 Coles supermarket voucher, a $100 Coles online voucher, or 10,000 bonus points.
  • Ms Bowden plans to use her one million bonus points to help her mum and grandmother pay for their groceries.

So, there you have it, folks! If you were to win one million Flybuys points, what would you do with the prize? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
One million flybuys is worth $5000 coles dollars.

I would do a $200 grocery shop for six of my daughters which would be $1200 then I would do a $800 shop and have all my kids and family members over for dinner .

The rest I would use for groceries over 10 weeks.

Now to win them 🙂
(y)🤞🤞

We don't know about you, but we love hearing stories of people unexpectedly hitting the jackpot – whether it's through the lotto, scratchies or finding a $50 note on the ground.

It always brings a smile to our faces and reminds us good things do happen to good people from time to time. It gives us hope that one day, it might just be our turn!

And speaking of good things happening to good people, a Coles shopper in the Northern Territory has recently been blessed with a 'Christmas miracle' after having an incredibly lucky experience at her local supermarket.

While picking up groceries for dinner recently, Chantel Bowden decided to scan her Flybuys card like she always does. But this time, she was in for a very pleasant surprise: she'd instantly won one million Flybuys points!

6793d6b0-7050-11ed-bbaf-e94f8cad6082

Lucky Flybuys members can receive a 'secret' gift from Coles while shopping in one of its stores. Credit: Facebook.

The shopper recalled the moment she realised what had happened, sharing: 'I was shocked and shaking. I didn't know what to do as a little message popped on the screen saying to speak to a staff member.'

'Honestly, I thought it was a scam ... I called him [the store manager] a liar, I didn't believe him. But they came back with this massive cardboard sign saying "congratulations".'

She added that she was still unsure if it was a scam or a really good prank as the staff member came over to confirm her win.

After hearing her claim, the employee assured her that she had indeed won just by scanning the card.

Ms Bowden was one of 14 lucky customers that won a million bonus points after scanning their Flybuys card on their last shopping trip.

Coles also offered a range of prizes to other Flybuys members, including a $100 Coles supermarket voucher, a $100 Coles online voucher, and an email to say their Flybuys account has been topped up with 10,000 points.

Adam Heywood, Coles’ General Manager of Customer Experience and Loyalty, said: 'This Christmas, Coles is thanking our most loyal customers for their continuous support to our team, our suppliers and community partners over the years.'

'These customers are Flybuys members who clearly love to shop at Coles and we want to show our appreciation for their support.'

Winning one million bonus points allowed Ms Bowden to buy groceries for her ill mother and grandmother, which she said she can rarely afford.

Meanwhile, many Flybuys members celebrated her win on social media.

'OMG that is epic, congratulations! The best timing ever in the lead-up to Xmas! Happy spending,' one person praised.

Another added: 'Awesome! Congratulations! My parents were rewarded with one million Flybuys earlier this year so I know the excitement.'

'They spent it on groceries and the grandkids. So as pensioners it's helped them out this year.'

Key Takeaways

• You can win big prizes by simply scanning your Flybuys card at Coles stores.
  • 14 lucky shoppers have each won one million Flybuys points.
  • Thousands more will receive either a $100 Coles supermarket voucher, a $100 Coles online voucher, or 10,000 bonus points.
  • Ms Bowden plans to use her one million bonus points to help her mum and grandmother pay for their groceries.

So, there you have it, folks! If you were to win one million FlyBuys points, what would you do with the prize? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Having been a Coles customer since I arrived in Australia in the 60s and joined FlyBuys as soon as it began, even having a Coles Mastercard to make the best use and build up of points for everything I buy and every bill I pay. I pay it off in full every month so no extra charge except the small annual fee. I have also been a member of Coles Circle since it began, I have never been lucky enough to win anything so fabulous congratulations to those who do. I save up my FlyBuys until this time of year to turn into FlyBuy dollars to pay for all my Christmas food and drink and even most gifts, decorations etc.(earning more Flybuys). This year I have almost $900 worth! However I have twice had to make a complaint to my local Coles , where I have shopped since it opened in 1981. (I even wrote the two page promotional spread in our local Daily for its launch). The shelves, including the frozen section were almost BARE!!! It looks terrible and now they are becoming almost self-serve checkouts. As a partially disabled senior recovering from lung cancer surgery and recent back surgery I just cannot cope with doing it at a self-serve. I love the staff who almost all know me. I love their friendly chats while the scan and pack and even when needed take my goods and load my car. I pass two Woollies, an IGA and (horror!) an Aldi once a fortnight to be loyal to this Coles. Is this the end of me shopping here? I tried online but kept getting replacements I didn't want. I did it during Covid lockdowns but I like to see and choose for myself what I am buying.
Maybe if I should win a 'lucky shopper' reward I would feel well rewarded for all my years of loyalty but those self-checkouts will be the decider.