Flight attendant spills what your airport fashion choices say about you

Travelling can be exhilarating, offering a chance to explore new destinations or reunite with loved ones.

However, it's not without its challenges, and for many, comfort and convenience often take precedence when choosing our travel attire.

But have you ever wondered what your airport fashion choices might be secretly signalling to the flight crew and fellow passengers?

Flight attendant Cher Killough shared her candid insights on the matter. With five years of experience in the skies, Cher has seen it all in passenger fashion.

Her viral video, 'What I'm assuming about you based on the outfit that you're wearing on the plane,' has sparked a lively conversation about the do's and don'ts of travel wear.

photo.jpg
Flight attendant Cher shared the fashion faux pas whenever someone travels by air. Credit: @cherdallas / TikTok

According to Cher, the ultra-popular Lululemon Scuba Oversized Funnel-Neck Half Zip, retailing at $149, is often sported by middle schoolers or someone's fiancée.

'Ladies, if you're single, get you one of these because I swear this girl always has a massive rock on her finger,' she joked.

Moving on to the sundress with flat sandals ensemble, Cher believed that this outfit was always a mum with organic snacks in her bag.

‘You know her pantry is always stocked, and she's as crunchy as can be,’ she said.

‘If you're wearing a lounge romper, I'm assuming that you did not think this through because that top is going to be on the pee-soaked floor of the lavatory,’ she added.

'If you're wearing denim shorts or bike shorts, I'm assuming that you do not realise how many diapers get changed on those seats, and you probably wouldn't care anyway.’

'Wide-leg sweatpants are always accompanied by the [$3,050] Louis Vuitton Neverfull or the [$3,400] Goyard bag, and you very much are that girl,' Cher continued.

For the cuff sweatpants crowd, Cher approved of prioritising comfort, a sentiment for many, especially during long-haul flights, where ease of movement and warmth are key.

The video has prompted viewers to share their own travel outfits.

'I roll onto the plane in my Adam Sandler-inspired fits,' one commenter joked.

Others preferred yoga pants, a tank, and a zip-up hoodie for a balance of snugness and practicality.

'Wide-leg sweatpants, and I have a Goyard,' one woman said.

Another person insisted, 'I'm a jeans and sweatshirt girlie because it's always freezing on planes.’

While some viewers agreed with Cher's assessments, others defended their go-to travel outfits.

'I'm always wearing a romper, never touches the floor…who drops their clothes all the way to the floor in public?' one asked.

'I am professional at bundling my one piece in the bathroom so nothing touches the floor because it is by far the most comfortable thing I own,' another responded.

Others thought flying was their time to shine: 'I always get fully dressed. That aisle is a runway.'

You can watch Cher’s video below:

Credit: @cherdallas / TikTok

Now that you know the travel fashion faux pas, you must also know other less glamorous aspects of air travel.

From the dry cabin air to the cramped seating, it's common to disembark feeling less than your best. But did you know a simple beverage choice could make all the difference?

In a previous story, flight attendants shared the one drink you should take on any flight. You can read more about it here to find out.
Key Takeaways
  • Flight attendant Cher Killough shared her fashion analysis of what she assumes about passengers based on their plane outfits on social media.
  • Cher suggested that certain fashion choices, such as the Lululemon Scuba sweatshirt or wide-leg sweatpants with luxury bags, indicated a person's lifestyle or relationship status.
  • The flight attendant humorously cautioned against lounge rompers and other outfits due to practicality for plane travel, including hygiene concerns.
  • Social media users weighed in on the discussion, sharing their travel outfits and responding to Cher's assumptions, with some agreeing and others defending their choice of flying attire.
What's your go-to travel outfit? Do you dress for comfort, style, or a bit of both? Share your travel fashion tips and stories in the comments below!

Reactions: natalielocket
Sponsored