Fitness guru reveals how to make a HEALTHIER, low-calorie version of Subway’s meatball melt – “WOW, this is next level.”

One of the things that makes clean eating dreadful a challenge is the boring, bland meals that you’re forced to eat. Let's face it, eating healthy can be a real struggle to commit to. Who on earth would want a plate of broccoli and carrots when there are a bunch of delicious cookies sitting in your cupboards, waiting for you to give in to temptation?

But surprise, surprise… Eating healthy doesn’t have to be this miserable! And one health coach shows you exactly how to do it with flying colours.

A sensational fitness guru, Bec Hardgrave, revealed how she makes her own delicious and healthier version of Subway’s meatball melt that slashes nearly half the calories off the original order.

She documented the entire cooking process in a TikTok video and an Instagram reel, saying: “You know what’s perfect on a cold, rainy, miserable day?”

“A Subway meatball melt ‘fakeaway’!”

Pgb5rp9sMQB0red9I3Co3i0lg4iMpHzN5VCvinWrADZtRKshnhgbsyMJW7C9jV2E99i91x-BCpjoajYV1OHZe0zB5KP3BYG0-mErEIvF_TvHyuhfZ9VFMt-afxRWjtFM5TZEHuusaI0GvAAkdQ
4syTmewNGvdFvZm4C4z88W253dv22RDQf4xxow-CPpyMOGnGXrgug1Ln-nqdf8Knc9FPW5OcllVjrvG9Gs3XdVg_zjztvgoTrVWb2XOcW6oVu6Tqa6PsicX_unLmNfsSJqlXWZDPoPIb2oQgKw

Image Credit: @bechardgrave

Bec’s homemade version contains only 421 calories, whereas the original Subway meal shoots up to 805 calories.

Before kicking things off, you need to get your hands on the following ingredients:

1. 120 grams of lean beef mince
2. 50 grams of tomato, garlic, and basil pasta sauce
3. A hotdog roll
4. Jarlsberg lite cheese slices
5. One tablespoon of Italian herbs
6. One tablespoon of salt
7. Vegetables to taste

She begins with a bowl containing 120 grams of lean beef mince and proceeds by sprinkling a tablespoon of Italian herbs and salt in. Then, she kneads the mixture thoroughly by hand before moulding them into little meatballs.

Next, Bec throws the meatballs into a frying pan and sautées them with 50 grams of tomato, garlic, and herb pasta sauce until they were sizzling.

Once the meatballs along with the pasta sauce are cooked to perfection, she cuts a hotdog roll in half and adds some spinach, the meatballs, and tops it all off with two generous slices of Jarlsberg lite cheese.

The meatball melt all in all contains 12 grams of fat, 34 grams of carbohydrates and a hefty 40 grams of protein.

Bec's video clocked over 100,000 views on TikTok and Instagram combined, with hundreds of users swarming the comments section to express their awe and appreciation.

Video Credit: @bechardgrave

“Ohhh wow, it turned out SO good! Look at that melty cheese…” one person wrote.

“Meatball subs are my guilty sub of choice when I order from Subway but I’m currently trying to lose weight and it isn’t the best choice anymore… (I still eat subway but I opt for turkey now).”

“This looks awesome and I’ll definitely give it a go! Thank you for another awesome fakeaway!” shared another user.

A third added: “Yuuuum. Unfortunately, Subway is not halal in Australia so I would love to make this at home! Thanks for the recipe!”

“I wish this is what mum meant whenever she said we have food at home.” teased one more.

If this is what eating healthy is all about, then count us in because this dish is undeniably mouthwatering! Do you approve of Bec’s meatball melt recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Sponsored
As reported in the article, one of the things that makes clean eating dreadful a challenge

Or, it could also be perceived as a dreadful challenge!!!

Reactions: Ricci
I'm sorry, if I'm lusting after a Subway melt I'm not going to whip out my cooking utensils, I'm going to go to Subway. It's not something I have often, I think the last one was about a year ago so I think I'm good to go for the original thanks!!:)

Reactions: Ejt